ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify - this would have happened a LOT sooner if the monster threads hadn't happened. If there had been a bunch of different Alien and Predator threads floating around General - the need for a seperate forum would have been obvious.

I absolutely HATE the "dedicated" threads that are enforced on other forums and I DO NOT want that here.

Well hell Dave, had I known that I would have spammed the general board with multiple threads a long time ago! This is for general discussion about this specific film. Will make it easier to break them down. For specific sub-topics such as customizing how-to's we may want to start a specific thread for those topics.

Wow, pjam! That's a very impressive Bishop! I love it. Especially the articulated eyes, and the "real" looking hair. I'm sorry but I don't know what a "OOAK Custom Callous" Bishop is? Is Callous a customizer, and does he have a website? I'd love to check it out. I am ordering a sheet of all of the U.S.C.M. patches from Chris at EVA soon. I got my great custom Hudson resin head from him, and a few of his nice Gerber boot knives for my marines. I'll put that marines patch on my Bishop's right shoulder like you did on yours so it i movie accurate. I'll take your painting tips for my shoes for my Bishop too. Where did you get the neck chain for Bishop? The laptop? I want to get those for mine too. I found one BBI Walker figure on eBay tonight. But it was a buy it now of $40.00 for the MIB figure. I really just need his flightsuit for my Bishop. I'm going to just use the existing Sideshow body for Frank Black for my Bishop. I"ll basically just repaint his hair, and then change his outfit and shoes and gear to how he looked in ALIENS. I'll look around for one of those Dragon "Pietr" bodies you said you used. Where did you find yours? If you know of a great site to find all of this 1:6 scale stuff I need plesae let me know. Sometimes it's a very long process of trying to hunt it all down on eBay! Thanks again!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Please post some more pictures of your Bishop on here for me. Some side views and back views, and some close-up views of his shoes would really help me out in making my custom Bishop! Thanks so much!

You're wearing me out Mike :lol

I already provided a breakdown. Need to look around the reg online sites for stuff, Monkey Depot, etc.

OOAK Callous head. Don't know if he has a site. Bishop fig is out for repaint now so sorry, no new pics...

Last edited:
WOW! DekaDave's been at work -- nicely separated threads, dude!

:rock

And now, please all take a moment to say goodbye to our original 100,000 thread here. I feel that it will fade in time, as all good things do, now that we can divide the interests...

But its been awesome on this Super-Thread!

A SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO WOR-GAR AND THE ENTIRE ALIENS THREAD CREW FROM THE SULACO CREW FOR REACHING 100K HITS.

YOU GUYS ARE NUMBER #1 WITH US. YOU ROCK, MAN!

DSC05295.jpg

Plus a Bonus First Pic of my assembled and completed Crew. Bishop will be joining them soon!

DSC05277.jpg

I'm sorry I'm wearing you out pjam! I'm just a very enthusiastic fan of ALIENS and I've always wanted a set of the marines and Ripley in the 1:6 scale. So, I'm trying to get the best set I can get. I love those last two pictures you posted with all of your marines assembled except for Bishop. I'll do what I can by searching online for the stuff I need to find for my Bishop. I don't know all of the regular sites for finding 1:6 scale stuff, that is why I am asking where to go. I'm fairly new to the 12" figure customizing hobby, that's why I'm asking so many questions. I'd stll like to see some more pictures of your custom Bishop on here after you get him back in. Thanks.

Hey Jedimike , great minds do indeed think alike ! I'm currently at work on a Bishop of my own . The SST "Frank Black" is also the basis of my bash . I did consider transplanting the head to another body , but as it is already pretty large , I supect the use of a smaller body, i.e a DML ,would only emphasise this further . I would also suggest completely stripping the head before re-painting as the factory paint is extremely thick and glossy ! I've got a Medicom GSGN jumpsuit on it's way which appears to be a pretty good match but until it arrives I can't vouch for it's suitability . Here's a couple of shots of the head anyway .( It's still some way off being finished but it gives you some idea of what's lurking under the crappy factory job !)
bish2005.jpg

bish2006.jpg

Wow! The Monster Thread becomes a FORUM! Now that's something to celebrate...
:chew:banana:chew:banana:chew
:fireworks :fireworks

pjam said:
I'm not sure which flightsuit my Rip has, but it's really nice material and correct collars, i did remove those clasps from her white shirt, waiting on hunky to sculpt her head.

The suit looks like the one from the GI Jane helo pilot. I believe FML had one of the same on his custom Ripley... or was that yours he was working on? Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard for anybody to find one of those somewhere I suppose.

Btw, I'd just like to personally thank Wor-Gar for starting this ass-kicking thread in the first place. A huge thanks also to everyone else who has contributed their talent, creative ideas, and shared so much priceless information here since I joined the board a few months back. It's been one helluva ride so far!

Thanks for the pictures of your custom Bishop, Thundergod! It's looking good so far to me. I really wasn't planning on stripping down the existing SST Frank Black head. I was just going to paint his hair black. But, I may try to strip it. I don't know for sure. I'll take a look at the Frank Black head when I get the figure in a few days, and decide then. Thanks again!

Damn, Paul, you Aliens collection is just as sweet as your Terminator collection!!!!

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

So happy to see a dedicated area for all of us! I don't get to post here too often, but I just wanted to ask a quick question.

I finally got my hands on Hicks from a seller in Hong Kong. The package had never been opened and everything looked to be in good shape. However when putting Hicks together I ran into more than a few problems. Maybe this has been covered before, but here is what I encountered. One of the straps on the helmet, one on the chest armor, and one on the cutting tool came unglued (not a big deal in itself). When putting the helmet on, the tracks that hold the eye piece in the helmet broke allowing the eye piece to fall out, and the portion that covers his ear and hold the microphone broke off. I was not handling the helmet roughly, but using steady pressure to try and get it to fit on Hicks' head (which it barely does . . . kid has a big noggin) Seriously, with what these go for on ebay I was as careful as humanly possible!

I have Hudson and did not have any trouble at all with anything on him. At this point I'm considering picking up an extra body and set of armor from a parted out Hudson, and do a body swap (boots also seem easier to deal with on Hudson) and use his helmet as well.

Did anyone else have this issue with Hicks? It seems like the plastic on the helmet was sort of brittle or something.

My Hicks helmet ear flap broke loose too, it happens, just use superglue and it'll be good as new... :D

And Thanks Chase, that crew pic was a long time coming.

Last edited:
Yeah, glue fixes everything... I know I had a few things break off mine the first time. But I fixed it.

I know that Monkey Depot and a few stores online have loose Hudson parts, IE helmet and such. Those can be easily subbed for Hicks stuff.

First of all my apologies that my crappy 3.5 megapixel camera doesn't take the best pictures to do Les' immaculate work justice but I blew my wad on this stuff and it was worth every penny spent.

ripley1.jpg
ripley2.jpg

hicks5.jpg
hicks3.jpg

vazdrake3.jpg
vazdrake1.jpg

Very cool customs!

One little nitpick; the Dog Tags are supposed to be clear.
Acrylic to be exact:

tags.jpg

dogtagdm.jpg

:cool:

They are props from the movie. (not mine)
I was just saying, maybe you can make custom dog-tags out of some clear plastic. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back