ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ill Jedi said:
Question:

What is the easiest way to tuck Ripley's pants into her boots? :confused:

I use a dental tool that is not too sharp, but has a nice smooth metal tip, that I used to pack material into all boots etc. Any strong toothpick will work also. Watch not to poke holes in the material, just carefully start packing it in, and it will go.

I forgot to send you some patches I had Pjam! I guess you got some then.
I have some for ALIEN Ripley, but my printer is messed up, printing all the dark blue askew. Need to get some help and get the blue aligned, then I will print you up some patches for her. I'll send them with the Reese when he gets here and gets done.

And welcome in Jedimike! This is a fun thread here now!
Stick with it! Go through and read it all. May take a while, but there are treasures to be found here!

Thanks guys! I've already got three custom Gerber boot knives for my marines from Chris at EVA. I'll get some patches from him soon! I just want to make my marines as accurate as I can to how they looked in the movie. HT has done a great job, but really missed the mark with most of the actor's likenesses except for Drake and Ripley's faces being close....but not quite there. I repainted Ripley's hair and eyes last night. I"ll repaint Drake's hair, Vasquez's hair and eyes, and put on my custom heads for Hudson and Hicks after I get them. Here's a picture of the unpainted Hudson head. I got it on eBay from Chris from EVA. Chris rocks! What a nice guy! Mine is almost finished now. I'll post some pictures of it and my Hicks head I got from Lonnie Hale aka eBay seller "tk570" on eBay soon.

Hi "figuremasterles"! What patches do you have for Ripley? I'd love to get some for my HT Ripley from you. Let me know if you will send me some, and I'll PM you with my mailing address. Thanks!

figuremasterles said:
I forgot to send you some patches I had Pjam! I guess you got some then.
I have some for ALIEN Ripley, but my printer is messed up, printing all the dark blue askew. Need to get some help and get the blue aligned, then I will print you up some patches for her. I'll send them with the Reese when he gets here and gets done.

No you didn't forget Bro, you were going to include them with my next batch, remember, so no, you are good, make that you are the Greatest! I just needed a set for my Apone hat and Bishop (he only wore ONE shoulder patch btw on his right shoulder)... :cool:

btw Ripley wore NO stinkin' badges in Aliens. Les was referring to our headless custom Nostromo Rips...

pjam said:
No you didn't forget Bro, you were going to include them with my next batch, remember, so no, you are good, make that you are the Greatest! I just needed a set for my Apone hat and Bishop (he only wore ONE shoulder patch btw on his right shoulder)... :cool:

btw Ripley wore NO stinkin' badges in Aliens. Les was referring to our headless custom Nostromo Rips...

Poor headless Nostromo Rips....:monkey2
ONE DAY! She shall rise up! As though, from a nasty scary place, with weird alien thingies after her...and she will throw down for all to see! Until then...we must wait... :cool:

I understand guys. I recall now that Ripley didn't wear any patches in ALIENS, but she did in ALIEN. So you're making a custom Ripley from the first movie? Cool. Where did you find a green jumpsuit for her?

Hey "pjam" where did you find that great looking Christopher Reeve Superman custom figure in your avatar picture? Or, did you make it? Please let me know. I'm working on buying one from Alex Rojas aka elpapadavis on eBay. Thanks.

JediMike71 said:
I understand guys. I recall now that Ripley didn't wear any patches in ALIENS, but she did in ALIEN. So you're making a custom Ripley from the first movie? Cool. Where did you find a green jumpsuit for her?

Hey "pjam" where did you find that great looking Christopher Reeve Superman custom figure in your avatar picture? Or, did you make it? Please let me know. I'm working on buying one from Alex Rojas aka elpapadavis on eBay. Thanks.

Figure Master Les. He only made a few. How we met back in 05. There is no other :D

Last edited:
Decided to make Hudson...Hicks. Repainted it and I like it much better than the Hicks sculpt.

257876309.jpg

257876305.jpg

257876307.jpg

It's very nice! From what I see in your icon it's a pretty much "dead on" likeness to Christopher Reeve! That's what I'm hoping mine from Alex Rojas will look like. So, "figuremasterles" are you making any more of these Supermans? If so, please let me know! I'd love to get one from you. We could do a PM about it. Thanks again.

JediMike71 said:
It's very nice! From what I see in your icon it's a pretty much "dead on" likeness to Christopher Reeve! That's what I'm hoping mine from Alex Rojas will look like. So, "figuremasterles" are you making any more of these Supermans? If so, please let me know! I'd love to get one from you. We could do a PM about it. Thanks again.

Here's the story behind it.

https://www.eternalcollector.com/lessup.htm

Great work on that Hudson to Hicks repainted head. I think it's so strange that Hot Toys would put a head on Hudson that looked more like Hicks. Reminds me of how in the movie when Lt. Gorman mistaken Hudson for Hicks.

Hudson to Gorman: "I'm Hudson sir, he's Hicks."

Thanks for that link "pjam". I've been there before and checked it out. Very cool story indeed! I've been a HUGE fan of Christopher Reeve since the first movie he did as Superman. I have that 12" Mego Supeman, and the new DC Direct 12" Classic Superman. Honestly if I can get a Christopher Reeve Superman custom head I can probably put it on the Classic Superman since his outfit looks really close to how the movie outfit looked.

That's not too bad since he's part of the first ALIENS assortment with Hicks and Vasquez. I lucked out and got an Apone for about $100.00 before shipping on eBay a few months ago. I'd say go for it if you have the money.

figuremasterles said:
I use a dental tool that is not too sharp, but has a nice smooth metal tip, that I used to pack material into all boots etc. Any strong toothpick will work also. Watch not to poke holes in the material, just carefully start packing it in, and it will go.
Thanks for thw tip Les, I'll give it a try!

JediMike71 said:
So, "figuremasterles" are you making any more of these Supermans?
Oh how I wish. :monkey2

Hicks:Range 2 Meters!
Blue9.jpg

Hudson: What was that? Drake: I don't see anything!
Blue5.jpg

Hudson: Are you reading that thing right man?
Blue4.jpg

Hudson: Let me see. Hicks: Look, I'm reading it right man!
Blue7.jpg

"Range: Zero Meters!Where are they?"
BlueA-2.jpg

Dum, dum, dummmmm:
BlueA-4.jpg

Hissssss!
Edit14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back