ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed something. Were the series 1 marines supposed to include the velcro name badges for their BDU's? I noticed that Drake has them on his vest, but my Vasquez doesn't. There's some velcro strips where it looks like the patches should go but I never saw any in the box.

RUMADMAN said:
Picture1066.jpg

It looks awesome! Thanks.
*hits save*:D

dekadentdave said:
Just noticed something. Were the series 1 marines supposed to include the velcro name badges for their BDU's? I noticed that Drake has them on his vest, but my Vasquez doesn't. There's some velcro strips where it looks like the patches should go but I never saw any in the box.

yup, my Vasquez is missing her name badge as well... not much of a problem as her armor covers her vest... but still annoying. :D

Just wondering. I'm not even using her vest. Got a tank top like pjam and Wor-Gar and it looks much better with the armor and the rubber muscle arm sleeves. Wonder if Hicks is missing his as well. Don't want to take the armor off to find out since I got him in a nice pose.

dekadentdave said:
Just wondering. I'm not even using her vest. Got a tank top like pjam and Wor-Gar and it looks much better with the armor and the rubber muscle arm sleeves. Wonder if Hicks is missing his as well. Don't want to take the armor off to find out since I got him in a nice pose.

Yeah, I noticed this as a 'new' addition to Drake. I don't believe the series 1 figs came with their names velcroed on...

Shouldn't be too difficult to make and print them out. At least HT already placed the velcro on the BDU's for us to stick them to.

The paint on my Drake nametape flaked off almost immediately, so it just says "ake" now. :monkey2 Not a big deal, though as it is covered by the Smartgun harness.

None of the first series marine BDUs had name or USCM tapes, even though they had the velcro fuzz for them. Guess HT forgot 'em or changed their minds about including those (?). I decided to remove the velcro fuzz and use the tapes that come with the USCM patch set from EVA Models. There are some blank extras that you can use to write in the names yourself. They look much better than the plastic and velcro tapes, imo, just like the ones used in the film. Just stick them on with Elmer's glue and you're good to go! :D

Does anyone have a HT Hudson? I don't really need his box, stand or scanner.

If anyone can help, please don't hesitate to PM me.:monkey3 I'm really starting try and get into this line so any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:
I want to swap out Hudson's gloved hands for un-gloved hands what do you guys use to do this? It appears the Hot Toys Generation Life body has a different method of connecting the hands to the forearms than the Hudson body.

Any suggestions?

Also, what color is more appropriate if buying a Hot Toys Generation Life body for an everyday figure? I heard the white body was too white :rotfl and to go with the Asian body, still true?

superactionguy said:
I want to swap out Hudson's gloved hands for un-gloved hands what do you guys use to do this? It appears the Hot Toys Generation Life body has a different method of connecting the hands to the forearms than the Hudson body.

Any suggestions?

Also, what color is more appropriate if buying a Hot Toys Generation Life body for an everyday figure? I heard the white body was too white :rotfl and to go with the Asian body, still true?

As far as I know there shouldn't be any problem switching hands on Hudson. The NG body comes with a molded and a bendy set of hands, and the wrist connectors are exactly the same as the gloved set. If you want to use the bendy hands you'll just have to (carefully) pull out the wrist connectors and plug them into the bendy hands. That should be all there is to it.

You're probably going to be better off with the darker skin tone. It's not really that dark, actually. The "white" one is very pale, (might have been okay for Drake), but you probably wouldn't like it for any of the others, especially Hudson. Oddly enough the original body HT used for Hicks is a bronze color, and he seems to be the only one who's got it. No idea why, but it's just a little too 'orange' looking to me, so I swapped it out for the "Asian" body. Looks much better, imo. Hope this helps. :D

Just got Apone off of the 'bay for $105 shipped. WOOT! :chew

Work in progress:
I still have to cut the sleeves,
Iron on the graphics to the shirt
Find a suitable way to attach the knife to his leg,
Replace his dog-tags with acrylic ones,
and get a Les repaint. :D

Pictures009-2.jpg

Pictures007-1.jpg

Pictures008-1.jpg

Pictures016.jpg

Facebox, your Drake definitely could use the Figuremaster Les repaint and the marines patch on the shirt. Ask Dboz to send you one. They are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back