ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pjam said:
WIP Nos Rip...

NosRipWIP.jpg

Waiting for a Hunky Rip head resculpt and then I'll commision a FML repaint...

For anyone interested in making one of these, I took my cue from the ONE, the ONLY FML, so far...

Nos Rip
21st Cent Jacqueline Body (decent articulation, tall and slender)
"Accurate" flightsuit (really nice material, soft, looks great in hand, accurate collar suit needs patches
Accurate sneaks
green t shirt
white shirt over
digital watch (on side of stand)

Flightsuit, green shirt, sneaks and dig watch:Special thanks to PaulCarson

As mentioned it is a work in progress, just got her dressed today, no futzing, just a mock up. Will snip the suit zip ties and clip shirt clasps (as suggested by WG)

It would be really interesting to see some Custom ALIEN figs from you guys, you know you can do it!

Wor-Gar said:
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Maulfan or someone can photoshop an HT Ripley head onto your pic, just to get a rough idea.

Thanks WG, hoping Hunky will do this version, hair tied back, ready for battle.

alien20ripley202.jpg

I told him he find can most of them online or at that EVA site and just print them onto some cotton fiber paper and glue or sew them on. Should work at that scale.

Also, Monkey Depot has some real metal pins -- they may have that "eagle" shaped one or something similar.

I'll prolly have the Master do up the patches when she gets her head painted, an eagle pin would be VERY cool, thanks for the tip WG. Again...

Anyone working on ALIEN figs? C'mon, I have never seen ONE of the Nos crew, EVER! I mean EVER. Ash, need an Ash. Got Milk? :lol

great stuff pjam!! love the work in progress. the outfit looks a bit loose though, are you planning on shrinking it a bit? maybe with the patches it'll look better... and the head!

:rotfl

The outfits are doable, except for maybe Brett's Hawaiian shirt.

Its getting the sculpts commissioned that's tricky. All their faces are pretty unique and not so easy to bash from Dragon or whatever.

Reinhardt said:
great stuff pjam!! love the work in progress. the outfit looks a bit loose though, are you planning on shrinking it a bit? maybe with the patches it'll look better... and the head!

:rotfl

We'll see Reiny, the body is very lanky, like SW's so i don't want it to shrink lengthwise, it really fits her well, just looks loose in the pic, totally just threw it on, no futzing, just a mock up. Water treatment will do the trick...

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
The outfits are doable, except for maybe Brett's Hawaiian shirt.

Its getting the sculpts commissioned that's tricky. All their faces are pretty unique and not so easy to bash from Dragon or whatever.

Tru dat. Hunky is using the HT Rip head and resculpting it to fit on a 21 Cent Jaq body /neck post so it'll look great...

I betcha Spenser could get a pantload of Nos Crew head orders if he did them.

I got a suitable female body for the very same custom.... perfect height, build, everything..... tried to move the arms... articulation seemed a bit stiff.... *SNAP* ... shoulder snaps right off (and arm with it) the plastic 'pin' that connects the ball joints snapped right off

(once it came off... the articulation moved just fine) :lol

tried the same with other arm.... being more careful, but applying gentle but sturdy force...... *SNAP*

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

I'll figure out a way to screw or pin or glue the joints back

as for those basketball pumps or whatever they are... I CANT FIND ANY, lol. dammit..... oh well, no rush. Once I've done Aliens Ripley I'll figure out which hairstyle I prefer/is easier/is more popular/looks better... and do that version

Also.... other crew members, hmmm. Once I've gone through my Anakin/Obi-Wan/Legolas/Aragorn/other commmissions, I'll be starting proper sculpting from scratch. Not basing it on any head and 'changing' it, properly from nothing.

(General Zod)

If that goes well and it turns out I can sculpt, lol, then if it seems worthwhile then maybe I'll do some of the other crewmembers. I know I'm turning a Frank Black into a Bishop head (different film, I know, lol)

We'll see.

As for patches, somebody asked how... I know you can buy a fabric that you use on normal printers, print them out, cut around and stick/iron them on. That's probably what I'll be doing when i get there.

That figure looks great do far though pjam

Great work Paul! Wonder where you got the idea? :D

OH! This!

NosRip01.jpg

NosRip02.jpg

Glad to be of service! :lol

Looking good brother!
Now, you just need Jonesey's box!

I think I am still gonna paint this head and add doll hair. I'll see if I trade it out when Darren gets his Rip head done....

Indeed Les, as noted in my initial post. :lol We like to credit those responsible for their creative achievements upfront in Hollywood, it's S.O.P. here!

pjam said:
WIP Nos Rip...

NosRipWIP.jpg

Waiting for a Hunky Rip head resculpt and then I'll commision a FML repaint...

For anyone interested in making one of these, I took my cue from the ONE, the ONLY FML, so far...

Nos Rip
21st Cent Jacqueline Body (decent articulation, tall and slender)
"Accurate" flightsuit (really nice material, soft, looks great in hand, accurate collar suit needs patches
Accurate sneaks
green t shirt
white shirt over
digital watch (on side of stand)

Flightsuit, green shirt, sneaks and dig watch:Special thanks to PaulCarson

As mentioned it is a work in progress, just got her dressed today, no futzing, just a mock up. Will snip the suit zip ties and clip shirt clasps (as suggested by WG)

It would be really interesting to see some Custom ALIEN figs from you guys, you know you can do it!

Oh man... Ripley in grey flight suit... brings back fond memories of pre-adolescent horny-ness!

Can't wait to see those finished!

BTW, have any of you über talented customizers thought about recasting the McF alien and tweaking it?
Les, your cutom job is fantastic, but I wonder what could be done recasting that figure and making better placed joints, refining (or in this case actually getting rid of) details, etc.

I would kill for a tweaked McF alien!

abake said:
Oh man... Ripley in grey flight suit... brings back fond memories of pre-adolescent horny-ness!

Can't wait to see those finished!

I would kill for a tweaked McF alien!

Yes indeed, Sigourney was quite beautiful in ALIEN, so young. :lol Btw, her flightsuit is Green, not gray, as was Ash's, crew jackets too!

alien20ripley202.jpg

And that original Alien Les worked up is right on! Looks great! I would love to see some Custom NosCrew figs someday, now that my ALIENS set is just about complete. Let's Go Josh, dirty up them duds, dude! :D

Great patches too there Les.

I'm AMAZED at how much talent is on this board! We should all open up our own figure company, and for once make what needs to be made! (ie, more alien, terminator and predator)

Reinhardt said:
I'm AMAZED at how much talent is on this board! We should all open up our own figure company, and for once make what needs to be made! (ie, more alien, terminator and predator)

This is not the first time I have had this comment levelled in my direction.
I am beginning to wonder....
What would it take?
(Besides one hell of a financial investor! :lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back