ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
figuremasterles said:
This is not the first time I have had this comment levelled in my direction.
I am beginning to wonder....
What would it take?
(Besides one hell of a financial investor! :lol )

Investors. Seriously, with your portfolio, you could attract some investors and put together a business plan.

Yeah... those licenses do not come cheap...
I think our best option would be to have all these talented guys being hired as sculptors/consultants by the big companies.

figuremasterles said:
This is not the first time I have had this comment levelled in my direction.
I am beginning to wonder....
What would it take?
(Besides one hell of a financial investor! :lol )

I don't think the challenge would lie in starting the business up, but more so the pursuit and acquisition of licenses, that would come with many challenges.

MaulFan said:
I don't think the challenge would lie in starting the business up, but more so the pursuit and acquisition of licenses, that would come with many challenges.

That seems to be the bane for $ide$how. They find out they can only get certain licences and then only certain character likenesses are actually available and then it's a double-edged sword to make only what is available and then alienating collectors when they can't complete a licence.

i was always curious how much it would be for one of the licenses... for example the Robocop, or Aliens license that Hot Toys has. Or the Aliens Marines license for Hicks (and only Hicks) that McFarlane got.

I just got Head!!! :rock

Hudson Head that is! :D

Les, this guy is amazing, I love the detail you put into him and the sweat effect is awesome!! Thank you for painting one for me and you better believe you'll be doing more work for me in the future! You truly are a MASTER!!! :bow

Here are some pics I just took...

S5000560.jpg

S5000561.jpg

S5000562.jpg

S5000563.jpg

The ill Jedi said:
I just got Head!!! :rock

Hudson Head that is! :D

Les, this guy is amazing, I love the detail you put into him and the sweat effect is awesome!! Thank you for painting one for me and you better believe you'll be doing more work for me in the future! You truly are a MASTER!!! :bow

Here are some pics I just took...

S5000560.jpg

S5000561.jpg

S5000562.jpg

S5000563.jpg

Waaahhh!!!:monkey2
I got home around midnite last night and went to assembling Hudson, assuming [I know, I know] that he'd arrive today. <sniffle, sniffle>
oh, well hopefully tomorrow.
As for Ash, there was a Medicom figure out some time ago that resembled him. Can't remember the name, but if anyone should come across him, i'd appreciate a heads up or a copy.

Thanks Israel!

And Ironman! Don't cry buddy! He's on his way!

I sent out another set today. Kinda hard to get time to pack these just right, as well as go to the post office, during this local wildfire (That's still burning...over 65,000 acres and growing!), and with my mom JUST getting back from the hospital from pacemaker surgery!

But still...
They're coming guys!

There are but a few left to ship. Not but about three of four.
I will try to get to them as soon as I can.

THEN....

MAYBE....

If I can get some other work done....and you guys know who you are out there that I owe...
I will try to take on a VERY few more orders of these.
But I dare not take what I can't handle now. Way too behind on work.
So please bear with me. And again, thanks guys!

Now, get those heads on some figures! I wanna see some action shots!:D

"GET ON THE READY LINE!!!!....."

No frets, Les. Just spreading a little jocularity!!!
Glad mom's doing well. Now, take some time for yourself before your all run down.

:D

We good! :chew :lol :rotfl :monkey5 :google

:confused:

Get moving on the action shots guys! There needs to be some blue tinted marine shots now! Like those AWESOME warrior shots....(Those images looked like movie stills!)
Where's the Colonial Marines ACTION???? :google

figuremasterles said:

We good! :chew :lol :rotfl :monkey5 :google

Get moving on the action shots guys! There needs to be some blue tinted marine shots now! Like those AWESOME warrior shots....(Those images looked like movie stills!)
Where's the Colonial Marines ACTION???? :google

:lol Proud Papa Les wants to see the kids play!

Talk About 2 Icons...

I always had a problem with Ripley's height but with the magic touch of Dr. Les Walker, Master Surgeon, she is now Ellen Ripley, the Ripley I always wanted... even taller than James Bond himself... just a comp ref pic but here she is.

DSC04160.jpg

Thanks Les!

Last edited:
Just got my Hudson and I think I had a joygasm! MY GOD!!! It's even better IN-HAND!!! Les, you are a miracle-worker!!!!!!! Gotta go to the post-office RIGHT NOW and get my Ripley Drake and Hudson (Hicks) off to you!!! I am in ecstasy!!!!!!

Wor-Gar said:
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Maulfan or someone can photoshop an HT Ripley head onto your pic, just to get a rough idea.

Not perfect just a quick one...

Okay, so who has a problem with me NOW? :lol

This Drake utterly kicks ASS, Man. Thanks Les!

DSC04169.jpg

Drake needs his OD dickie shirt so he doesn't look like he's going to the Blue Oyster bar. :lol

dekadentdave said:
Drake needs his OD dickie shirt so he doesn't look like he's going to the Blue Oyster bar. :lol

:lol :rotfl

Okay, you tell him that. :lol

Seriously, I have been looking for a vneck sleeveless tan shirt, where can I find one?

Would anyone here be interested in a Hot Toys Aliens/AVP Accessories Pack? What items would you want included?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back