ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mudshark said:
Holy crap, Dekadave!!! LOVE your new avatar. That's my absolute favorite scene out of all the Indy movies!!! Priceless!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

"We are going to DIE!"

:rock:rock:rock:rock

DBoz said:
Well, after MaulFan's great photography, here's a crappy pic of my Ripley that I just got today. I wasn't planning on getting this figure, as I was getting the Power Loader w/Ripley, but I saw that a board member here was selling their's at a great price, so I couldn't resist. I am pretty impressed overall. The pictures I've seen of the sculpt don't do it justice. You really need to see it in person. Sure, the paint app is off, but you can still see Sigourney Weaver in it. Anyway, all I did was to add a longer sling to the weapons and made a grenade bandoleer. That was a pain in the ass, and it looks pretty bad up close, but from normal viewing distances it looks pretty decent.

IMG_1078.jpg

Dboz, where did you find the extra grenades? Bandolier looks good.

nash said:
Dboz you got a nice cam in the 20D, but it doesnt look like an SLR pic. What kind of lens are you using?

It's the Cannon EFS 18-55 that came with the camera. I don't have very good lighting, though and I also resized the picture, so that probably affected the image quality. I'm far from being what you would call a photographer.

Dboz, where did you find the extra grenades? Bandolier looks good.

Thanks. The grenades are the ones that came with Hudson.

DBoz said:
It's the Cannon EFS 18-55 that came with the camera. I don't have very good lighting, though and I also resized the picture, so that probably affected the image quality. I'm far from being what you would call a photographer.

Thanks for the info bro. I meant no disrespect in my comment, the reason why I asked is because ive been seriously researching and shopping around for a Canon 30D. It would be my first SLR so i just wanted to know what to expect out of a standard lens.

nash said:
Thanks for the info bro. I meant no disrespect in my comment, the reason why I asked is because ive been seriously researching and shopping around for a Canon 30D. It would be my first SLR so i just wanted to know what to expect out of a standard lens.

None taken. I really love the camera, and I would like to devote more time to learning how to use it properly, but I live in a small apartment that has action figures piled up all over so I don't have much room for a proper lighting set up. i personally like the lens, but admittedly, I'm not an expert and I don't do much close up or macro shooting. I did a lot of reading at places like www.dpreview.com before I bought it and it helped out quite a bit.

WoW! I haven't been around much lately and just caught this. All I can say is WOW. Thanks MF!

MaulFan said:
My first product image contributions to the Aliens thread :)

ALIEN1.jpg

ALIEN2.jpg

ALIEN3.jpg

ALIEN4.jpg

ALIEN5.jpg

ALIEN6.jpg

-=LoneWolf=- said:
damn... see how good it looks when it's BLACK

It does, but I like that HT gives it a nice paint mix and is more true to the suit than film appearance. I was watching the ALIENS bonus disc last night, and that suit had a great deal of brown to light brown/yellowish highlights mixed throughout it to make some of the detail stand out under low light. However, I am glad that it looks like the ALIENS warrior will have bluish highlights like the Queen animatronic skin had, I think it's a badass look and really works with these creatures.

pjam said:
WoW! I haven't been around much lately and just caught this. All I can say is WOW. Thanks MF!

Thanks pjam! I can't wait to do more, just been juggling things a bit, I've got projects for people, fun stuff for myself, new collectibles to enjoy...so much to do, so little time, damn this world for making me have to have an 8-5 job instead of sitting home playing with my toys :)

Actually, I'd like something closer to the suit itself, the bluish tint is just because of the lights. Might as well ask for a reddish alien because they look red in one shot.
I don't mind the bluish, I just think it takes away from the organic/mechanic feel.

MF inspired me to take these actual lighting pix:

Pictures007.jpg

Pictures008.jpg

Pictures009.jpg

Pictures010.jpg

Dang I love blue lights. :joy

Here is where they reside:
Pictures012.jpg

DBoz said:
Well, after MaulFan's great photography, here's a crappy pic of my Ripley......

IMG_1078.jpg

Hello from a lurker! Gotta say I like your set-up here, and I'm wondering where you found those eggs? I've been googling all over the place for some that look that good!

Cheers
HigHurtenflurst

hey Hig, welcome to the board!

my understanding is that those eggs come from the Aliens 4" snap kits. but i could be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back