Advice, buy or not to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why the other auction was cancelled? I don't think the seller was technically doing anything illegal or against eBay policy.

I wonder why the other auction was cancelled? I don't think the seller was technically doing anything illegal or against eBay policy.

Because it's a well known scam for more than just action figures. Seller bumps up a fake account then rakes in as much cash as he can in a very short period of time, takes it out his bank and buggers off to spend his stolen money.

Paypal are all over that stuff now, it's hard to spot though with hundreds of thousands of items though. Somebody probably flagged it.

Because it's a well known scam for more than just action figures. Seller bumps up a fake account then rakes in as much cash as he can in a very short period of time, takes it out his bank and buggers off to spend his stolen money.

Paypal are all over that stuff now, it's hard to spot though with hundreds of thousands of items though. Somebody probably flagged it.

But with new accounts, don't you have to wait a certain amount of time or receive positive feedback before eBay/Paypal releases the funds? You would figure if eBay viewed it as on obvious scam they would have closed down the account. :dunno

But with new accounts, don't you have to wait a certain amount of time or receive positive feedback before eBay/Paypal releases the funds? You would figure if eBay viewed it as on obvious scam they would have closed down the account. :dunno

I'm not 100% but not if you confirm your address and card if I remember. Lets just say it's probably not hard to come up with a fake address and cancel your bank card in places like China... :lol

Also Paypal and Ebay are quite a different beasts. People just assume they are connected because of Paypals popularity on Ebay.

They each have their own rules and laws which is why scammers are good at coming up with way's of exploiting each sites system. If there's a hole somewhere , these guys will sniff it out.

They are connected, Ebay owns Paypal.

Yeah but they have different standards. Since when ever you've got any kind of beef with Ebay , they refer you to Paypal and vice versa.

That's been my experience anyway. Ebay have all these safety rules in place yet if you exploit the Paypal system there's nothing you can do about.

So at the end of the day, feedback and paperwork means jack if someone is going to exploit Paypal and rip you off.

Well sod him anyway, I started this thread for advice on buying from him. Glad I never and listened to you hardcore collectors, look what I scored on ebay for the bargain price of £170!!!

Thanks, I don't own an exclusive in this line, I have boromir and the ringwraith in the regular edition and ordered the twilight witchking on flexpay for the regular edition but this is my 1st exclusive. I'm happy because I love the Aragorn statue but not keen on the hooded head.

Congrats morgulpaul :wave, you won't regret picking this one up, it's one of my faves. :love

The SS Maquette looks so good together. :rock

Maquettesx5SS_RWOS.jpg

And you are well on your way in this line.

Well worth having Aragorn/Strider in your collection IMHO. :yess:

Enjoy!

:duff
Bill

Congrats morgulpaul :wave, you won't regret picking this one up, it's one of my faves. :love

The SS Maquette looks so good together. :rock

Maquettesx5SS_RWOS.jpg

Bill

Wow, this is such a nice photo bill59!:clap. Awesome collection you got there (I'm still yearning to own the SSW RWOS statue). I agree the SS maquette line is the best LOTR statue line at the moment. I'm very keen to see what statues they'll come up with The Hobbit! :yess:

Thanks hardyakka_mate :wave

Yes I am also keen to see what The Hobbit pieces SS come up with. :impatient:

I do know one thing though, if Trevor does the sculpts, I for one will find it very hard to pass. :wink1:

Best of luck with your hunt for the SSW RWOS statue:rock...I'm sure it will be yours one day. :hi5:

Bill

Thanks hardyakka_mate :wave

Yes I am also keen to see what The Hobbit pieces SS come up with. :impatient:

I do know one thing though, if Trevor does the sculpts, I for one will find it very hard to pass. :wink1:

Best of luck with your hunt for the SSW RWOS statue:rock...I'm sure it will be yours one day. :hi5:

Bill

That's true bill59. Trevor is an amazing artist! The sculpts he did were simply astounding. The Aragorn as Strider statue is still my most favourite statue in the maquette line.

(sighs) I would love to own a SSW RWOS someday, but they're so expensive now! :( And a few out there are re-sculpts as I've learnt from some forums. I did order the PF though, so I shall see in a few months if the PF can be my substitute for the maquette. :wink1:

I agree the SS maquette line is the best LOTR statue line at the moment. I'm very keen to see what statues they'll come up with The Hobbit! :yess:

They're the ONLY LOTR statue line at the moment! :lol

And i don't know but i doubt SS will do Hobbit statues just now. Wouldn't make sense with Weta's line. I'm going for PF's, if we do EVER get an announcement from SS! :gah:

The SS Maquette line is awesome and have them all...I dont have exclusives for Aragorn,Gimli,Legolas and Arwen...but I was very fortunate to get all 4 reg ed. for 800 shipped...I thought it was a bargain...still do

Last edited:
The SS Maquette line is awesome and have them all...I dont have exclusives for Aragorn,Gimli,Legolas and Arwen...but I was very fortunate too get all 4 reg ed. for 800 shipped...I thought it was a bargain...still do

It sure was Adolfo:wave ...congrats!

Some pics would be most welcome. :stick

What a fantastic line that is. :rock

Bill

Back