Advice, buy or not to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new at this website. I just wanted to mention that there is a
new website called Propsport.com that is selling 23 fake ringwraith
on steed statues for $248.00. The seller is from China.

I'm new at this website. I just wanted to mention that there is a
new website...selling 23 fake ringwraith...The seller is from China.

Sideshowcollectors.com position on bootleg, unlicensed product
We have a zero-tolerance policy on unlicensed bootleg product. We will no longer allow posts showing unlicensed statues that are intended for sale. Any posts from the usual suspects who are known to produce these unlicensed pieces in mass quantities will be deleted. If a bootleg piece is solicitied for sale, the post will be deleted and the poster banned. Links in signatures or in a post that link to websites selling these types of items will also be disallowed. If they are posted they will be deleted and the poster banned. If they really want to get their work into the hands of collectors, they can submit it to Sideshow or whoever the official licensee is. I'll even help them with the contacts. This is not targeting the customizer who wants to show off his work - we encourage that and want to see it. However if the customizer posts a 1/6 figure and then starts taking orders for a mass produced copy of it - it won't be allowed. If someone commissions an original portrait sculpt and shows it on the board this is fine. You can even ask people to PM you for more information. But finished figures can't be sold in mass quantities nor can recasts of commercial sculpts. This site is primarily a community for like-minded folks who come to discuss their favorite pop culture collectibles and related topics. However as the forum has grown many people have started to take advantage of this community to use it as a targeted audience to make money off the members here. It doesn't serve the members or the community to allow this to continue. If there are any questions about this policy, please post them here and I'll do my best to answer them. Regardless of the above, this forum, it's owner, administrators and moderators have no responsibility for items sold by members to other members.

I love how they watermark their images so no one steals them without permission, there is honor among thieves??

I bought a Ringwraith on Steed statue on ebay last week. I missed out
on purchasing the item from Sideshow Weta. I'm thinking that it is a
good one. After researching on this website I sort of freaked out about
whether the one that I bought was an original. I learned alot by
reading the posts on this website, including info on the fakes. And then
I happened upon the website that was selling fakes. Couldn't believe
that I found the fakes! I would never be in support of recasts!!!!

Back