Advice, buy or not to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he owns a store he operates through ebay its possible. The problem is they have zero feedback so its odd they'd start off with 10. The price itself looks good though but I'd back off because of the zero feedback.

If you want my opinion, I would stay away. The price (below cost), free shipping, feedback and no other items for sale set off red flags for me.

Also is this statue worth faking or recasting, as there is a guy in china who has a couple and swears blind they are legit, even offering to get round the customs vat/duty for me.

Your probably all right, I'm one of those people who never listens to sound advice, and then come the choruses of "I told you so"!

Yeah, if it looks too good to be true...then it generaly is. :(

I sent the seller an email to ask about the price, but no reply. :(

I wouldn't advise you to go for it I'm afraid. :(

But I'm no expert...just doesn't look right to me. :monkey3

:duff
Bill

Have you emailed him (or her) too then?

I saw this on ebay and I am intrigued to say the least

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170975055260&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Any thoughts? I have messaged him but no reply yet, where would he get 10 from?

Yeah, if it looks too good to be true...then it generaly is. :(

I sent the seller an email to ask about the price, but no reply. :(

I wouldn't advise you to go for it I'm afraid. :(

But I'm no expert...just doesn't look right to me. :monkey3

:duff
Bill

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply.:lol

Zero feedback, member for 3 days....

Nuff said. Total scam I'd say. I've noticed a few Asian sellers sometimes also put on their own listings "I will not send to Italy"

So looks like Spain is onto whatever Italy is on to. Also when I've had people ask me questions on my items who are from Spain, they want you to send it in small box's and declare low value's for customs. Just food for thought.

I tend to aggre, looks like a total scam.

That said, if you want to try your luck, and be prepared to likely spend a little time getting your money back, then it could be worth the gamble.

If so, screen shot/PDF the whole listing, keep all emails from the sale, use Paypal with a Credit Card. That way you can get your money back either via Paypal or if that fails, from the CC company.

When/if a box arrives, take careful not, is it even the size and weight expected. Before and while openning, take photo's as proof of what arrived and what was inside as it was opened.

You just never know your luck, you may get one super cheap. It coudl be a business that went bust, stock sold for 1/10th their cost price and now trying to sell fast.

Having said all that, it's still very likely a scam.

this is a total scam, i cant believe adults here are so gullible, my 10 yearold little cousin can even tell easily.

0 feedback, user id register a week ago, $90 for a $200 market value, free shipping from spain that cost $70 to actually ship to usa.

this is a total scam, i cant believe adults here are so gullible, my 10 yearold little cousin can even tell easily.

Who's so gullible, we all pretty much think it's a scam and have said so.

I'm just saying if you want to send the time and roll the dice, much like playing lotto, then one could give it a go and just maybe end up with a statue.

If not, one gets their money back, and eBay will close that account.

In case your wondering why I'm not rolling the dice myself, I already own the Ex.

Yeah, it screams scam and I'd run just because of the zero feedback going with that kind of auction. Nobody here is saying go for it. We're crazy for spending the kind of money we do but we're not that dumb. :lol

Back