Advice, buy or not to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great shot. Just missing the awesome Boromir statue, Snow Troll, and Ringwraith statue. :rock

Thats, amazing, thanks guys. I love this new line, I do still like sw stuff but I'd like to scale it down to make room for this line, I dont like those big oval bases on the sw stuff

Having said that the best version of Gandalf so far are the two Weta ones, the new miniature and the Hobbit one. The legendary scale Gandalf was just crap at best, probably the worst likeness ever

Having said that the best version of Gandalf so far are the two Weta ones, the new miniature and the Hobbit one. The legendary scale Gandalf was just crap at best, probably the worst likeness ever

The LSB was NOT BAD...no freakin way...So far my favorite is the Weta Hobbit version...They are all great to me, 2 Wetas, SS mqte, SS PF, small Weta and even the LSB

The LSB was NOT BAD...no freakin way...So far my favorite is the Weta Hobbit version...They are all great to me, 2 Wetas, SS mqte, SS PF, small Weta and even the LSB

Agreed the hobbit 1/6th scale in my opinion is the best Gandalf ever produced, the lsb just seemed a bit disproportionate like tiny hands, the weta minature is outstanding where Gandalf is sitting down. The worst ever is Gentle Giants hobbit Gandalf It was comical.

Agreed the hobbit 1/6th scale in my opinion is the best Gandalf ever produced, the lsb just seemed a bit disproportionate like tiny hands, the weta minature is outstanding where Gandalf is sitting down. The worst ever is Gentle Giants hobbit Gandalf It was comical.

The best gandalf is the premium format. Lighting the walls of moria.

The best gandalf is the premium format. Lighting the walls of moria.

That is the one for me too. :rock

GTG_Hat_full_front.jpg

GTG_3-4_R_Port.jpg

GTG_Hat_front_Port.jpg

Fantastic :rock

:duff
Bill

That's a great shot. Just missing the awesome Boromir statue, Snow Troll, and Ringwraith statue. :rock

Thanks guys. :wave

Rignwraith is sitting on my desk beside me as I type. (no pics).

Boromir and Snow Troll are in the other room on a shelf, with some of their friends. :)

SnowTrollMyRepaint3.jpg

They shall join the rest of the group when my Twilight Witch King arrives and things get moved around yet again. :yess:

Bill

Thanks guys. :wave

Rignwraith is sitting on my desk beside me as I type. (no pics).

Boromir and Snow Troll are in the other room on a shelf, with some of their friends. :)

SnowTrollMyRepaint3.jpg

They shall join the rest of the group when my Twilight Witch King arrives and things get moved around yet again. :yess:

Bill

Sweet :hi5:

That is the one for me too. :rock

GTG_Hat_full_front.jpg

GTG_3-4_R_Port.jpg

GTG_Hat_front_Port.jpg

Fantastic :rock

Bill

Bill, I'm starting to dislike you again... :(
:monkey2

Just kidding.

I really miss all my LOTR PFs, but everytime I sit on my leather couch and watch my 73" TV, I don't feel as bad. But it would be nice to have all the PFs in Detolfs in my man cave as well. :(

I can't argue with you there Naz. :wave

It's one of my faves. :rock

Don't hate me too much Dino. :wave :wink1:

You may pick him up again, one day. :pray:

Bill

Last edited:
Thats, amazing, thanks guys. I love this new line, I do still like sw stuff but I'd like to scale it down to make room for this line, I dont like those big oval bases on the sw stuff

sw? Is that Sideshow/Weta? They're now seperate ;) I don't think the oval bases are big? They're just the right size for the character.

And by legendary scale Gandalf do you mean the bust or the PF? Because the GTW PF wasn't great ;) But i guess you do mean the bust. I dunno, i never had it. For the best Gandalf bust, it has to be the SSW GTW one ;)

About GTW, the one I choose is on shadowfax. The other one made by SS or SSW in any format, are really not good.

I don't know about that. GTW on Shadowfax IMO has a better likeness than the other statue but are below the bust though.

I dunno, i thought the hair covered too much of his face, plus with his mouth open it just looks like any other statue with their mouth open, and the likeness is lost. On the single statue you can see the defined long cheekbones of Ian McKellen ;)
In my view anyway :) I still love the statue though.

Well my Aragorn as strider EX came today number 222, if I could only keep one it would be this one! Probably the best in the Maquette line so far.

Back