Advice, buy or not to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's so gullible, we all pretty much think it's a scam and have said so.

I'm just saying if you want to send the time and roll the dice, much like playing lotto, then one could give it a go and just maybe end up with a statue.

If not, one gets their money back, and eBay will close that account.

In case your wondering why I'm not rolling the dice myself, I already own the Ex.

If you "Roll the dice" Your encouraging this kind of behavior to go on and on while decent people and businesses get burned. It's "Rolling the dice" that's got America in the **** hole it's in.

The best thing is to report this to Ebay as suspicious and do us all a favor.

If not, one gets their money back, and eBay will close that account.

So essentially you are abusing ebay/paypal's buyer protection to gamble for a win using their money. Just because it's in the contract they will give you the money back doesnt make it the right thing to do when you know full well it's a scam to begin with. This is no different than defrauding the insurance companies.

Every time you buy on eBay you are gambling with their money then, in the end all eBay sales are faceless transactions based on blind trust. Sure this is a total scam but I won't shed many tears for Ebay losing money on stuff like this. After all, they are allowing it to go on by not monitoring their site well enough. They know the risks and did the calculations, they always come out ahead.

So essentially you are abusing ebay/paypal's buyer protection to gamble for a win using their money. Just because it's in the contract they will give you the money back doesnt make it the right thing to do when you know full well it's a scam to begin with. This is no different than defrauding the insurance companies.

So I take it you have followed the system and reported it to eBay as a scam (since we all suspect it is) and eBay have already ended the auction and closed the account?

PS AT the time I posted this, the auction was still active and 1 had been listed as sold.

Its definitely a scam.

Over the past week or so there have been a lot of desirable items (LOTR, Star Wars and Iron Man items) all selling for the same price, with free shipping, all from 0 feedback sellers from various parts of Spain.

Stay well away.

I don't thing buying something on ebay is the same as fraud, It is about risk but you do it knowing you are protected by ebay and paypal. Sellers don't just fall out of the sky with 1000's of feedback, they have to start somewhere, and I think its a scam too, nevertheless trying to appear all noble by making statements like "its the same as defrauding insurance companies" is a little over the top.

Have you emailed him (or her) too then?

Yes, but just to question the price.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply.:lol

Don't worry Naz...I'm not...I have my Ex sitting on my shelf as I type...all good here.

Aragornsx3_2.jpg

:duff
Bill

i still have a couple aragorn maquette ex, $360 shipped. with the added bonus the statue will be sent.

Back