a question about all these 'Kurgan' posts....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Carnall

Formerly hunky_artist
Reaction score
now I know i'll get shot down here for several different reasons probably... but...

1) what the hell is a 'Kurgan' anyway...

2) what is this nonsense about Kurgan crusades...

3) why do people keep posting all these making-no-sense posts in all different threads... in the BIGGEST fonts ever. I mean... why?

someone explain it all to me.

Batty said:
Mikey, you secretly want to be a Krusader, don't you? :lol

I enjoy my newfound good relations with the Kurganites, and I would LOVE to see a Medieval Kurgan made (which, HA, was the original reason for the Krusade's beginning, to convince Sideshow to make one. It failed.)

I'm still waiting for the next crusade---- the DANIEL CRAIG BOND.

Too much? Bondinites doesn't sound right? Craigers? Sounds like an obnoxious uppercrust private school brat...

CRAIGERS UNITE

Nope---don't think that'll work.

(by the way Mikey I love Highlander too and a Medieval Kurgan would rock--- and probably get my hard earned money. But why stop there? Let's get a Clancy Brown [his name right?] from every great performance. His star turn in LOST... Kevin Costner coast guard pal in THE GUARDIAN... Earth 2... anyone? anyone? The HUNGRY MAN comercials.

The ill Jedi said:
They are sitting naked, fully immersed in a tub of goat blood watching Highlander, with nipple clamps on. :D

Nipple clamps off and I am nice and relaxed after laying waste to the town of Buffycollector. I am willing answer Hunky's questions.

kurgan.jpg

1) Kurgan literally means "burial mound" in Russian. But is reference to the bad ass baddie from a movie called the Highlander, to which Sideshow possessed the licence (which has since expired). He is an immortal who chops off the heads of his enemy-immortals and absorbs their strength, rapes their woman, and lays waste to their properties.

2) Sideshow, in their Highlander line of 1:6 figures, seperated the lines into two categories - MODERN (20th centrury version ) and ORIGIN (Medieval version). There was a modern Connor McLeod, a modern Duncan McLeod, and a MODERN KURGAN. There was also an origins Connor McLeod and an origins Duncan McLeod, but Sideshow never got around to making an Origins KURGAN. Outraged by this the Krudade, founded by THE GREAT WORM, declared war on Sideshow until they made our LORD KURGAN. This, regrettably never happened. THE GREAT LORD KURGAN took the licence away from Sideshow as punishment for their bungling the line, and the Krusade sleeps, for the most part, in the Sandbox undisturbed.

3) It is the Krusades mission to make every man, woman, and child aware that the KURGAN cannont rest until this figure is made. Sometimes Naysayers see fit to enter into our domain and rouse us from our sleep. This always results in the Krusade laying waste to the offenders territory.

Please visit the KURGAN KRUSADE THREAD in the sandbox for more information.

Last edited:
I am neither with or against the crusade, I walk the earth alone "like Cain in Kung-Fu". :D
Yes, sometimes their tactics can be crude, offensive and childish, but I respect their ultimate goal. I too would be outraged if I never saw a figure that I really wanted made. I hope that you may one day reach that goal my fellow freaks and taste final victory!

"There only remains ONE!!"

DarthNeil said:
(by the way Mikey I love Highlander too and a Medieval Kurgan would rock--- and probably get my hard earned money. But why stop there? Let's get a Clancy Brown [his name right?] from every great performance. His star turn in LOST... Kevin Costner coast guard pal in THE GUARDIAN... Earth 2... anyone? anyone? The HUNGRY MAN comercials.

Let us not forget Bad Boys and Carnivale - 2 of his best performances, in my opinion - behind Highlander of course. :)

Jen said:
Let us not forget Bad Boys and Carnivale - 2 of his best performances, in my opinion - behind Highlander of course. :)

No mention of Shawshank Redemption!? Come on people!! You call yourselves fans of this guy? He was awesome in it, IMO his best performance.

He had a lot of great quotes too:

Captain Hadley: If I hear so much as a mouse fart in here the rest of the night I swear by God and sonny Jesus you will all visit the infirmary. Every last mother****er in here.

Captain Hadley: What is your malfunction, you fat barrel of monkey spunk?

Captain Hadley: What the Christ is this happy horse****?

Captain Hadley: [to Andrew Dufresne] You're gonna look real funny sucking my **** with no teeth.

Captain Hadley: I'm not gonna to count to three. I'm not even gonna count to one. You will shut the **** up or I'll sing you a lullaby!

Captain Hadley: You eat when we say you eat. You **** when we say you ****. You piss when we say you piss. You got that, you maggot **** mother****er?

Classic S#!t.

Last edited:
The Krusade is a worthy Kause; for me, it would be as though they never made a Faramir in the 1/6 LOTR line. And not all Krusaders are savage; I've long been an ally of the Krusade and have long since been called a Krusader myself. It's basically a quest to see a 1/6 figure of the character, in one form or another.

ahhh I know Highlander, one of my fave films as I was growing up.... haven't seen it for years thoguh. Is that his name, Kurgan? ok that makes some sense now... I didnt know his name

So you say there's a SS sculpt of his face, from modern times? Why doesnt somebody sculpt those armour pieces..? they dont look too hard

not sure about the rest of the outfit though... but the head and armour should be easy enough to do

(thanks for the info pix)

hunky_artist said:
ahhh I know Highlander, one of my fave films as I was growing up.... haven't seen it for years thoguh. Is that his name, Kurgan? ok that makes some sense now... I didnt know his name

So you say there's a SS sculpt of his face, from modern times? Why doesnt somebody sculpt those armour pieces..? they dont look too hard

not sure about the rest of the outfit though... but the head and armour should be easy enough to do

(thanks for the info pix)

Do it HA!! Then make one for each of the Crusaders, so they can finally shut up!! :D

hunky_artist said:
...(thanks for the info pix)

No problem.

To Ill Jedi: The Krusade is aware of Clancy's various roles.

My personal favorite outside of Highlander is as Mr. Krabb on Sponge Bob Square Pants. :rock

and believe me, the Krusade is in no need of charity. The Kurgan will be done one way or another.

sb14.gif

pixletwin said:
and believe me, the Krusade is in no need of charity. The Kurgan will be done one way or another.

:cool: ..........................

hunky_artist said:
now I know i'll get shot down here for several different reasons probably... but...

1) what the hell is a 'Kurgan' anyway...

2) what is this nonsense about Kurgan crusades...

3) why do people keep posting all these making-no-sense posts in all different threads... in the BIGGEST fonts ever. I mean... why?

someone explain it all to me.

You have been a member since Dec 2005. Dont pretend like you don't know:cool:

If you wanted attention you could have posted nude pix of Natalie Portman:monkey5

pixletwin said:
The Kurgan will be done one way or another.
bah!!
..... yeah right ....:rolleyes: ...... :moon

.......but good luck anyway :bunnydanc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back