82nd ACADEMY AWARD Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OSCARS 2010 Nominations

Wow, 8 nominations for hurt locker. I have to see this.

very cool. a TON of movies up for best movie this year.

Hurt Locker while enjoyable is a simplistic story with average acting and probably the most over rated movie in years. I must have been watching a different movie.

Compare this to Mesrine and the powerhouse performance of Vincent Cassel. There is simply no comparision. This has been a poor year for movies IMO.

Wow, 8 nominations for hurt locker. I have to see this.
Have you not been listening to me this entire time!? :tap

:monkey2 Why is everyone so mean to me? :(

And I know plenty about A.D.D FYI....remember I've been Pitu's friend for about 8 years! :lol
:lol

Can you believe I actually saw that guy asleep before, he passed out on my brother floor during SDCC a couple years ago. :horror

Hurt Locker while enjoyable is a simplistic story with average acting and probably the most over rated movie in years. I must have been watching a different movie.

Compare this to Mesrine and the powerhouse performance of Vincent Cassel. There is simply no comparision. This has been a poor year for movies IMO.

This post = :duh :duh :duh

:lol

I love this list! I have seen and loved most of these movies!
I'd be super happy if Avatar won (just to spite everyone :D), but would be happy and love to see Hurt Locker, Basterds, Up in the Air and District 9 win too.

But D9 won't win.

Have you seen it? I've seen Hurt Locker. Its average.:horror
Yes, I tracked it down at a theater local to my job (wasn't a wide release) and went to see it by myself after work one day. Instantly loved EVERYTHING about it. I also have it on Blu-Ray and have watched it about three times already since. This movie is anything BUT average.

Agreed.....

Altho..I haven't seen Up in the Air.....that has alot of nominations too.... So maybe THIS is the biggest threat to Avatar?

If THE HURT LOCKER is average, then what are some of the other Best Picture noms?

Average also. Its been a poor year overall for good movies. None of these should be mentioned in the same breath as The Godfather, Shawshank Redemtion, Saving Private Ryan, Schindlers List etc etc.

The writers strike has really hurt 2009. Hopefully 2010 will be better. In saying that I have lost all faith in the Oscars. How Daniel Day Lewis did not win for his portrayel of Bill the Butcher is mindblowing.

Good luck to the fans of the Hurt Locker I hope your dreams come true for this average war movie. :rotfl

Interesting observation: there are two best picture nominees that end with mech suit battles.

The geeks are inheriting the Earth (or at least Hollywood). :rock

Yes, I tracked it down at a theater local to my job (wasn't a wide release) and went to see it by myself after work one day. Instantly loved EVERYTHING about it. I also have it on Blu-Ray and have watched it about three times already since. This movie is anything BUT average.

I'm talking about Mesrine a French movie which stared Vincent Cassel.

Agreed.....

Altho..I haven't seen Up in the Air.....that has alot of nominations too.... So maybe THIS is the biggest threat to Avatar?

Its an interesting film and GC is always enjoyable to watch.

I hate Vincent Cassel (simply because he gets to sleep with Monica Bellucci every night, the bastard).

Back