82nd ACADEMY AWARD Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2009 Oscar Nominations

I love that Up is nominated for picture and animated. If I'm not mistaken that's a first since Beauty and the Beast no?

True that! Although when Beauty and the Beast was nominated, they didn't have the best animated feature category yet.

Re: OSCARS 2010 Nominations

Seems like she doesn't get her good taste in tv from you then. :D

Definitely not. 'Cause we won't let her watch DEXTER and kids don't have the attention span for Discovery Channel, History Channel and Investigation Discovery. :lol

I have nothing against SUPERNATURAL, though. Just never watched it. But I've purchased 3 (or was it 4) whole seasons on DVD/Blu-ray. :monkey1

All I know about SUPERNATURAL is that it's my 15 year old daughter's favorite show. :huh

It tells me that even a broken clock is right twice a day.:lol You can act above it all you want, but that is one of the most consistently entertaining shows on TV. It really isn't a teeny bopper show at all. I am actually surprised at some of the gore they get away with.

Definitely not. 'Cause we won't let her watch DEXTER and kids don't have the attention span for Discovery Channel, History Channel and Investigation Discovery. :lol

I have nothing against SUPERNATURAL, though. Just never watched it. But I've purchased 3 (or was it 4) whole seasons on DVD/Blu-ray. :monkey1

Ah you like Dexter? awesome you're alright by me then i love that show!

Ok guys i'll let this get back on topic now. :D

It tells me that even a broken clock is right twice a day.:lol You can act above it all you want, but that is one of the most consistently entertaining shows on TV. It really isn't a teeny bopper show at all. I am actually surprised at some of the gore they get away with.

See my post just before yours.

Avatar was good, don't get me wrong... BUT, Hurt Locker FTW!!!

Hurt Locker is good ......but it can be slow at times...just like IB.....

I must admit tho...I'm not sure if Avatar should win....I mean...I'm a hardcore Avatard!!! But .... the story is to simple to win the Oscar for best pic..... If it does win, it would be for its revolutionary effects.

I gotta think hard about my vote.:monkey3

But then again...ur a smelly Colts fan...so why should I even be quoting you. :dunno

I must admit tho...I'm not sure if Avatar should win....I mean...I'm a hardcore Avatard!!! But .... the story is to simple to win the Oscar for best pic..... If it does win, it would be for its revolutionary effects.

I gotta think hard about my vote.:monkey3

But then again...ur a smelly Colts fan...so why should I even be quoting you. :dunno
I don't see it happening, I think they already gave Cameron his pat on the ass by giving him the Golden Globe.

And that's perfectly fine.

You should actually check it out then.
I probably will. I already assume it's edgier than TWILIGHT, because she actually hates that and thinks it's cheesy as hell. For a 15 year old girl, that's an achievement. :lol

And that's perfectly fine.

I probably will. I already assume it's edgier than TWILIGHT, because she actually hates that and thinks it's cheesy as hell. For a 15 year old girl, that's an achievement. :lol

Definitely edgier than Twilight. I am honestly surprised a 15 year old girl likes it. Aside from the two leads, that show is really not a female demographic type of program.:lol:lol:lol

Definitely edgier than Twilight. I am honestly surprised a 15 year old girl likes it. Aside from the two leads, that show is really not a female demographic type of program.:lol:lol:lol
I'd be willing to check it out, but won't guarantee that I'll like it. :D

Oh and Hurt Locker FTW!!! :rock :D

I don't see it happening, I think they already gave Cameron his pat on the ass by giving him the Golden Globe.

Plus he got to be King of the World for Titanic. They will probably reward someone else. I am glad that District 9 got a few nominations. Really surprised on the screenplay and best picture noms it received. I thought it would just get some effects nominations.

Back