60s Batman, Batmobile, Villains, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again guys but all the credit must go to Giink. He's a straight up Guy and a World Class Modeler and Craftsman as you can see. Most likely THE Best 1/6 66 TV Batmobile Conversion Modeler in the world.

I sent him a link to this thread and guess what, he emailed me back with this response!

From The Man himself, Giink!

"Nice! You're getting a lot of compliments, Paul! I'm jealous! Nice summary of the work that went into it as well as the pics. However, you forgot to mention the interior "rug" beneath their feet :0

I'll stop by the forum again... it's really a great way to show off your displays."

David

Last edited:
Holy customizing skills Pjam!!! That thing is badass :rock

I'm just blown away by how clean and precise everything looks, especially from where the kit started. Just mindblowing?!?

It's a Work of Art for sure gb, again, kudos to Giink. I also have a Batshield, Batarangs and what else?... Oh, a Bat Radio too. :lol I also have a semi custom set of Green Hornet figs and as all you TV Batfans know, they fought each other in a special 2 part GH show to try to save it. Can you imagine Burt Ward squaring off with Bruce Lee? Ha, lots of controversy when they shot that episode, eventually the Producers settled for a draw but it might be fun to do some fight shots by the Batmobile.

I may pick up an Alfred from Spenser at some point and hopefully a Villain or two, my Grail Villain is a Newmar Catwoman or Romero Joker but Julie's photoscope pic will hold me for now.

As far as the Barris Batmobile, I know Darklord Dave has picked up an amazing SDCC 07 Hot Wheels Barris Batmobile I believe in 1:12 or 1:18th Scale. These are going for tons now and are beautiful but I seriously doubt there will ever be a 1/6 Scale model made so this may be the best and closest Sixth Scale Batmobile we will ever see... for now. :D:blackbat:blackbat:blackbat

Last edited:
I guess you'll be needing this then.

58_1.JPG

Love all the pics you posted pjam. It's a wonder to behold.

Un-*****king-real... Words cannot not describe how awesome that all is. I've been a fan of the 60's show since I watched the re-runs after school everyday as a kid. It never gets old to me and I can watch it over and over.... Too awesome, congrats man, congrats... :cool:

that is just in-friggin-credible

:bow :bow :bow

you both should be really proud of that, his work and your commitment to having it be right. That must look amazing in person, with the size of it and everything.

Now that I'm looking for it, I see what you mean about the scale of it, next to the figures. You can see the difference if you look for it, they do look just a tad large in the cabin don't they.

But only if you look for it. Which nobody else would.....

I tell you what might have helped, but this would only work if you were always displaying it with them in the seats..... if the seats could be set down lower somehow, then their heads would look lower under the canopy... giving the false impression that they were smaller.

but.... if you then took the figures out, the seats would look too low.

doesnt matter..... it's just about one of the most incredible things I've ever seen :rock

well done!!

that is just in-friggin-credible

:bow :bow :bow

you both should be really proud of that, his work and your commitment to having it be right. That must look amazing in person, with the size of it and everything.

I tell you what might have helped, but this would only work if you were always displaying it with them in the seats..... if the seats could be set down lower somehow, then their heads would look lower under the canopy... giving the false impression that they were smaller.

but.... if you then took the figures out, the seats would look too low.

doesnt matter..... it's just about one of the most incredible things I've ever seen :rock

well done!!

Thanks Darren,

Giink and I explored that option, the seats would have been too low to the floor and would have lost their sculpt and correct dimensions in relation to the vehicle cabin.

3-1.jpg

With a very expensive piece like this, the Batmobile, we decided we wanted it to display correctly on it's own as a stand alone and it wasn't worth the sacrifice. :D

Last edited:
I look on in envy! :monkey5
Great car Paul!

I need to get my Dynamic Duo GOING, MAN! I have parts and stuff...but no time! I can have some to post soon. Maybe by year's end!

I look on in envy! :monkey5
Great car Paul!

I need to get my Dynamic Duo GOING, MAN! I have parts and stuff...but no time! I can have some to post soon. Maybe by year's end!

Thanks man. You knew about this project before anyone else and as mentioned FML did the Robin repaint and contributed heavily.

How heavily?

A little story. I originally purchased a Dynamic duo set from AOT and was very disappointed, they were not as advertised. The West fig had it's sculpt changed and had no hands or feet! Just molded plastic over stubs so I sold the West and replaced it with a Rojas.

This is the Rojas West...

bc_1_b.jpg
86_1_b.jpg

The Robin figure had an exact costume match, very accurate but AOT had head cast problems and replaced it with a soft vinyl Asian head!

What to do, what to do. Well, I sent the Robin head off to Les and hoped he could do something with it. This was not an easy task, taking a soft vinyl molded sculpt of one thing and trying to paint it to look like something else completely, in this case a complete transformation, but I sent it to him anyway. Only a Master of incomprehensible talent could even think about trying to correct the incorrectable.

But, we're talking about Les here.

Robin before Les

artoftoy_1897_194617702.jpg

Robin after Les

P6110006.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

Last edited:
That is why Les is the master!

Bummer about the AOT duo, I remember those being for sale... but I was wary after some of the inconsistencies I've heard these smaller runs. One of the reasons I also missed out on the '89 Joker the first time :monkey3

That is a gorgeous car, I'm very jealous. I also have the Joemobile and believe me, it's even worse than you'd think from the pictures. The scale has always bothered me, which is one reason I never pursued fixing it up. To be real 1/6 it would have to be about 8 inches longer!

I have the Hot Wheels flocked 1:18 Batmobile and will get the regular 1:18 when they release it, but a true 1/6 would be an amazing grail to have.

That is a gorgeous car, I'm very jealous. I also have the Joemobile and believe me, it's even worse than you'd think from the pictures. The scale has always bothered me, which is one reason I never pursued fixing it up. To be real 1/6 it would have to be about 8 inches longer!

I have the Hot Wheels flocked 1:18 Batmobile and will get the regular 1:18 when they release it, but a true 1/6 would be an amazing grail to have.

Thanks Dave, but I think 8 inches is a bit much. More like 4 inches for a total of 33-34 inches. I have seen the Real Barris Batmobile (one of 5 made) displayed on Hollywood Boulevard one Saturday last year. I was actually a bit disappointed in its simplicity, that the bat hubs were just cut simple metal pieces screwed into the wheel base. The red piping you see on the TV Batmobile isn't red either, it just translates to red onscreen. The actual lines painted are a bright orangey color. I inspected the interior pretty carefully and it was also a bit simple looking but being there and seeing it was quite an experience. Different versions of the Barris Batmobile also varied. Some were road cars, i.e Hero Cars, others were used for set shots and they had 5 made over the course of the show.

One other note: There was an actual accurate 1/6 Batmobile made a few years back. It was displayed at the Petersen Auto Museum here in Los Angeles with the Barris Batmobile and it was amazing. I may have a link to it somewhere but it was beautiful and cost over 15,000 to make according to Giink.

Here is a saved pic of it I managed to dig out. Want one? Will prolly cost you close to $20,000.

untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Have to say Pjam awesome

I was able to pick up a 1:6th scale batman begins TYCO RC and was made up with that but due to size restrictions cant display it :(

but shine a shiny light this thing is freakin awesome

Here is a saved pic of it I managed to dig out. Want one? Will prolly cost you close to $20,000.

Sorry to hear the story about the Art of Toys Batman, but your Rojas looks superb ;-)
(He was on my wishlist, but I have scrapped him now)

Here is the link for that Peterson 1/6 :

https://home.cogeco.ca/~lint/batmobile.html

A lot of Batman activity on the boards lately, must be pleasure overload for some :)

Back