3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap this just showed up at work!!! :horror I dont frequent these boards so i was completely oblivious to the fact that they had already shipped. Never got any shipping email from 3A. Now 5PM cant come soon enough!! :gah:

Never noticed the numbers, so looked. I got 351.

Open the box and lets see the Chief.

Thank god I own Emile and Carter otherwise Chief's weapons would go to waste because he can't actually hold them. Fingers too big to fit in the trigger and thumb not enough clearance to grip. But damn does he look badass. I feel like they should have included a gravity hammer or something because he's super tough looking and the gauntlets and fingers themselves look really awesome. But not being able to grip his own weapons is ridiculous. If anyone makes any extra weapons count me in on some as well. Dual SMGS would be literally perfect for this figure.

The easiest weapon to hold for him is the railgun but he can't hold it straight with one arm and he can't maneuver it to let his other hand support it. The worst part is there's no one to blame but ourselves for continuing to pay 3a to halfass lines they don't care about. You can tell they gave zero consideration to the previous figures because chief can't hold any of their weapons either. Thankfully Emile and Carter have thin fingers, heck I've got Emile dual wielding the shotgun and battle rifle and he can actually hold the rifle straight out without slipping. Mind boggling.

*LOL the feet themselves have AMAZING strong articulation but the waist and thighs STILL DON'T making it a wasted feature. As someone who spends a great deal of time half-assing stuff I recognize a master at work.

**I WILL say this, the accuracy and detail is really amazing. Perfectly accurate and the figure itself looks and feels fantastic. Just need those pistols from the recruit/thorne or custom made guns

***Main hand issue is the fingers can't grasp stuff because the thick palm is in the way. Probably screen accurate but can't grip stuff except with the thumb and index. Meaning the knife looks odd in hand too.
Really? He can't hold his weapons? 3A should just make statues at this point.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435701490.198089.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435701507.893493.jpg

I got home and found my figure waiting for me and it kills me to say this but the figure is HUGELY disappointing.

It feels like a barbie doll and the rubber suit looks ridiculous. I don't understand why it isn't just a hard plastic. The figure can't hold any weapon and the articulation is terrible. Elbow joint won't even go 90 degrees and if he holds any weapon it pulls his arm down so he can't raise it. His arms can't cross over his chest at all so I haven't found a way to have him hold any weapon in both hands.

The materials feel cheap and crappy and I have trouble standing him without a base. Batteries weren't even included. At MOST this figure should have been $120. If you're on the fence, don't buy! And this is coming from a massive Halo fan.

EDIT: Sorry, adding more rant as I play around with the figure. I also can't get the weapons to stick to his back. Unless I'm doing completely wrong - the magnets are super weak. Just checked to see if Bambaland does returns. Nope. Seriously, $240 for this?!? Ugh.

Yup. I got this as a real nice surprise yesterday. After getting the Emile and Carter figure, I was pretty disappointed with their EXTREMELY limited range of motion. It seems like 3A loves shoving them full of joints, but man, they can't use half of them at all. Literally.

On Carter and Emile you can at least bend the hips and stuff, even though you can barely do anything. Here's a list of what is FULLY wasted on Chief.

-hips
-waist
-chest
-toes

Those are literally immoveable once you stop applying force. They WILL slide back into being locked straight, meaning you cannot possibly use these joints unless you have something holding these parts of him the way you want.

He also:
-Cannot hold the guns with his full hand
-Cannot hold the guns with both hands
-Cannot attach the light rifle to his back
-Cannot stand up with his knees bent
-Cannot stand in very wide stances
-Cannot bend his elbows past 45 degrees. Honestly, he can't even get to 45 degrees.
-Only has lights on his helmet (everyone should know this but its still a downside)
-Basically only good for neutral poses, nothing dynamic, yet he doesn't come with a little handheld Cortana Hologram

All in all, he's a downgrade from the Reach figures. Pretty significantly, too. I didn't want to be disappointed, and I'm still not since I knew he would be more of less a statue. But for a lot of you, you're gonna hate him. A lot of these issues would be fixed with a better hand sculpt, since the lip near his thumb is what really prevents the guns from being able to be held. That said, here's some pros:

+Great sculpting
+Great paint on everything but the battlescar on his manboob
+Another improvement on ease of battery insertion and power button placement
+Comes with a cool box
+Is in scale with the other Spartans

I'm sure a lot of you are going to hate this guy, so if anyone wants to sell me their Bamba Exclusive Spartan Recruit I'd be really happy to take it. Please PM me if you have one and think you won't be wanting it, or if you end up disliking it and want to sell it off.

Yup. I got this as a real nice surprise yesterday. After getting the Emile and Carter figure, I was pretty disappointed with their EXTREMELY limited range of motion. It seems like 3A loves shoving them full of joints, but man, they can't use half of them at all. Literally.

On Carter and Emile you can at least bend the hips and stuff, even though you can barely do anything. Here's a list of what is FULLY wasted on Chief.

-hips
-waist
-chest
-toes

Those are literally immoveable once you stop applying force. They WILL slide back into being locked straight, meaning you cannot possibly use these joints unless you have something holding these parts of him the way you want.

He also:
-Cannot hold the guns with his full hand
-Cannot hold the guns with both hands
-Cannot attach the light rifle to his back
-Cannot stand up with his knees bent
-Cannot stand in very wide stances
-Cannot bend his elbows past 45 degrees. Honestly, he can't even get to 45 degrees.
-Only has lights on his helmet (everyone should know this but its still a downside)
-Basically only good for neutral poses, nothing dynamic, yet he doesn't come with a little handheld Cortana Hologram

All in all, he's a downgrade from the Reach figures. Pretty significantly, too. I didn't want to be disappointed, and I'm still not since I knew he would be more of less a statue. But for a lot of you, you're gonna hate him. A lot of these issues would be fixed with a better hand sculpt, since the lip near his thumb is what really prevents the guns from being able to be held. That said, here's some pros:

+Great sculpting
+Great paint on everything but the battlescar on his manboob
+Another improvement on ease of battery insertion and power button placement
+Comes with a cool box
+Is in scale with the other Spartans

I'm sure a lot of you are going to hate this guy, so if anyone wants to sell me their Bamba Exclusive Spartan Recruit I'd be really happy to take it. Please PM me if you have one and think you won't be wanting it, or if you end up disliking it and want to sell it off.

So, you guys are saying that ALL of the promo shots of him holding the guns / using both hands / in normal poses are completely bogus? I find this utterly absurd.

So, you guys are saying that ALL of the promo shots of him holding the guns / using both hands / in normal poses are completely bogus? I find this utterly absurd.

I hate to say it but yeah, I cannot for the life of me get him to hold them with both hands by himself. The assault rifle is just a lost cause, he won't even hold that in certain angles purely because he can only grasp it with the thumb bent the right way and a finger lodged on the trigger. The other 3 fingers are useless.

The other two, he just won't hold them with two hands due to the limited range of motion in his shoulders and wrists. I can force his hands to grab it where he needs to, bit without me helping, he'll let it slip before my hands leave his.

People are saying the same thing on the 3A forum. The thick palms and fat fingers make it near impossible to hold any of the guns properly. Should have included gun holding hands.

People are saying the same thing on the 3A forum. The thick palms and fat fingers make it near impossible to hold any of the guns properly. Should have included gun holding hands.

Personally I would have just preferred articulated hands that can actually hold the guns.. The Reach figures I own have no problems, so I don't know what they were thinking here. We'll see if the other Spartan figures will be the same way.

Hmm appreciate you all for listing out the pros and cons.
What seemed like an easy fix would be to include an extra pair of hands to hold the weapons specifically. I'm surprised all this time no one at 3A spotted this through their testing processes.

I have already purchased this and waiting for delivery next week. At least now I know what to and what not to expect.

Thanks for your insights everyone. I hope this is a wake up call and we are not stepping backwards in this series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These cons are disappointing, and I don't want to downplay the troubles that you guys are having with getting Chief to hold his guns, but it doesn't seem impossible. Elljay did it with the preproduction sample back in November, and I doubt they changed the hands significantly since then. I wish the articulation was better, but if I can get it to look like any of these shots then I'll be happy.

10624877_613607868745771_2540280445217747490_n.jpg
10414424_613713608735197_1049817052465072094_n.jpg

image.jpg

I got mine delivered today and can confirm that I found the same issues, i would be very surprised if any of the above poses were created without some assistance. I found I had to use bluebook to hold the weapons in his hand. I could not get any weapon held two handed, the rubber suit is like a onesie and when you pose him it forces the joints to straighten combine that with there being no strength in the fingers and every time i pose him his arms pull apart and the weapon drops.

I have started posing mine with the play arts kai plasma sword which I think look pretty good.

Boggles the mind that they delayed this guy forever and when he finally ships he fails the most basic action figure test.. Can he hold his weapon? No.. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back