12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am 100% desperately certain I will be begging Sovereign Studios to make an Indy Jacket for me. Maybe he'll do a freaks Run?

This SSC Jacket is abominable, it looks cheap and I already know I won't like the pleathery plastic material... look at some of the profile shots with that crap jacket, it's embarassing...

BUT, I figure a Sov jacket will make this as good as any Custom out there, and let's face it , Trevor's sculpt deserves only the best matching quality.

Now, if SSC only doesn't mess up the paint apps...

Ya, depending on the outcome with the jacket, I'll be reaching out to Shawn too, but I'm giving Sideshow a chance, until I see the finished product. It looks ok on the proto, has a few aesthetic issues, but there's a chance the final is better so I'll wait to see if that happens before contacting Shawn.

I have the Medicom. The pistol is not molded into the hand. Where did you hear that?

Really? Well that's good news, even though I probably won't be getting one. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I only saw one in the box, and it only looked as though it was molded. I thought it was odd that Medicom would do something like that... glad to know I was mistaken! :D

I am 100% desperately certain I will be begging Sovereign Studios to make an Indy Jacket for me. Maybe he'll do a freaks Run?

This SSC Jacket is abominable, it looks cheap and I already know I won't like the pleathery plastic material... look at some of the profile shots with that crap jacket, it's embarassing...

BUT, I figure a Sov jacket will make this as good as any Custom out there, and let's face it , Trevor's sculpt deserves only the best matching quality.

Now, if SSC only doesn't mess up the paint apps...

A Freak's run is a good idea if Shawn would be up for it. I wonder how many people would want one.

Support for a group run of Indy jackets would depend on Shawn's cost and the final quality of the SSC jacket. If his seems to pricey in relation to the lack of quality in SSC's, people might just live with it, which is my thing, even if SSC's isn't the best ever, and Shawn's looks fantastic, depending on his price, I may live with SSC's because of budgeting and wanting to put the money towards a new collectible rather than making a, to me, unnecessary upgrade to one I already have. However, it is great knowing Shawn's could be an option for us.

I thought he said (a while back) that he would consider doing a jacket-only run for freaks. I could be making that up, but I really thought that was the case.

I'm kind of doing a wait and see on this one as well, really hoping Sideshow comes through with a badass jacket.

I thought he said (a while back) that he would consider doing a jacket-only run for freaks. I could be making that up, but I really thought that was the case.

I'm kind of doing a wait and see on this one as well, really hoping Sideshow comes through with a badass jacket.

That's what I'm hoping for too. There's certainly no harm in considering other options, just in case it doesn't turn out great, but as MaulFan said earlier, it's probably better to wait and see at this point.

Wait and see might be best but even the proto jacket looks plastic like to me and SS is not known for proto to production upgrades on their clothing. Just the opposite in fact. That's why I'm hoping Shawn would consider making some.

I agree Sideshow very rarely improves upon the proto when it comes to clothing. And the jacket is so key that if it is the only hold up I'd plunk down extra $$$ to make it look right.

I just wish Sideshow would throw us a bone here. They have to have something to show us? I have a bad feeling that I'll have Vader in hand before this guy!

I sent Shawn a pm regarding the jacket so we'll see.

I imagine we'll see Indy in a couple months. I'd love to see some production photos now though.

Has anyone actually thought, that if Sideshow had handed over production of this item to US the 'customisers', with the skills we have collectively we could have probrably had this figure out on the market by now!

Back