12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your wish is my command...

Aragorn1-1.jpg

Aragorn7-2.jpg

Aragorn3-1.jpg

Aragorn4-2.jpg

Aragorn6-1.jpg

Wonderful pics, Monk! I think this is a phenominal figure!! I just got mine yesterday. My only complaint is that the belt is awefully delicate. Otherwise, Sideshow has a right to be proud of how damned well he turned out. You can complain all you like about the likeness, etc, but the fact is, this figure is far better than it has a right to be.

Hey, for $20 less you get a Hasbro Jango Fett. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've got my reference materials ready to go. I can't wait to start working on him! Pics soon...

Thanks, J-man. :)

I'm thrilled by this one. I really do believe it's the best 12" figure I've ever seen.

As I said over at S&F:

Allow me to say that I'm amazed by the feedback this 12" figure has received. Without a doubt, the Aragorn 12" figure surpasses anything seen before in its category. Matt Fals has provided us with the best likeness to Viggo Mortensen seen to date. The costuming, rich as it is with detail right down to the mud on the cloak and surcoat, is a credit to the craft. This figure will maintain a place in my collection long after all other 12"-ers have been boxed up and hidden in the attic.

Nice pics!

I got mine in a couple of days ago and while I haven't taken him out of the box yet, I will admit that he's nowhere near as bad as some of those earlier pics showed.

The issues brought up still remain but I will certainly do some touch-ups to get this figure the way I like it.

1. Repainting parts of the beard.
2. Shooting some Dullcoat on his "coat".
3. Repainting the boots (plastic part).
4. Toning down the "green" on the sword.
5. Weathering the coat a bit more to blend all in.

But I did give one big sigh of relief. This figure, while still pricey, was not a failure, as some have feared. It's fine out of the box but with some additional "figgeting" can be improved upon. I'm hoping to do that and then will post some pics.

Do they have over-the-counter medication for CLS (Chicken Little Syndrome)? I think we could all use a healthy dose before each figure is released. :D ;)

Monk said:
Thanks, J-man. :)

I'm thrilled by this one. I really do believe it's the best 12" figure I've ever seen.

As I said over at S&F:

Allow me to say that I'm amazed by the feedback this 12" figure has received. Without a doubt, the Aragorn 12" figure surpasses anything seen before in its category. Matt Falls has provided us with the best likeness to Viggo Mortensen seen to date. The costuming, rich as it is with detail right down to the mud on the cloak and surcoat, is a credit to the craft. This figure will maintain a place in my collection long after all other 12"-ers have been boxed up and hidden in the attic.

NP! You gotta post your pocs here more they are very good. Maybe someday when I'm in St. Louis I can see your stuff in person. :)

I agree with you about the figure it really is awesome.

pixletwin said:
Do they have over-the-counter medication for CLS (Chicken Little Syndrome)? I think we could all use a healthy dose before each figure is released. :D ;)

:lol I was thinking just about that very thing.

Josh, mi casa es su casa. Just so long as everything's still there when you leave, you thieving bastard. ;)

Monk said:
:lol I was thinking just about that very thing.

Josh, mi casa es su casa. Just so long as everything's still there when you leave, you thieving bastard. ;)

:duff !! Well, I promise I won't take too much. :rotfl :lol

Monk said:
I just learned today that he fits quite nicely in with the Sideshow/Weta polystone pieces...

Aragorn10.jpg

He actually doesnt look bad there. Although a little out of scale he fits in nicely.

Yeah, he does look good with the SSW pieces and the pics shows just how nicely done the coat is. Yes, still a little too "new" looking but man what a figure. Also his skin tone looks much better than GTG does.

Great pics!
Beard and lips still look a bit funny, but that should be an easy fix. Same goes for the coat.
I'm looking forward to this figure a lot!

Monk said:
I just learned today that he fits quite nicely in with the Sideshow/Weta polystone pieces...
That does look good. Imagine how he'll look next to an actual Gandalf 12" figure. I hope it doesn't take a couple of years before we really can see it.

Batty said:
That does look good. Imagine how he'll look next to an actual Gandalf 12" figure. I hope it doesn't take a couple of years before we really can see it.

I'm fine with waiting. If Sideshow wants to take their time releaseing these things, that means I can look forward to many years of collecting, and the anticipation that comes with waiting for the next announcement. Like Christmas. :D

Thanks for all the cool pics Monk! They really showcase how nice the sculpt is, and the beard looks a lot lighter on yours than some others.

I have a weird question though. I was watching the Fellowship again the other night (part of it anyway till I fell asleep), and the Exclusive cloak has me puzzled. In some scenes Aragorn has the cloak on with the bed-roll and quiver outside the cloak, which looks cool, and he also has the cloak wrapped around him, like another belt across his chest in other scenes. Anybody know if this second description is a possibility with this figure. I'll try to google-search some images to show what I am trying to describe!

Thanks!
Chris

Back