12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides certain things we've went over, I think he's great. There is a lot of cool detail on this figure. The head [paint] isn't bad, though not as good as the prototype. Same with the coat. He looks small compared to the Star Wars figures (only other 1/6 I have), but I notice it's because his head is not improportionate. It's also what makes him great. Though if you use a blow dryer on the head (to remove it or whatever), watch out for the hair, some paint got on the face, but it was in an that is area covered up. Though it was probably because of the way I was holding it. Also, be careful of the belt(s), they're very thin and mine was looped upside down. I didn't have trouble with fixing it and making the belt tighter on the body, but not too tight! Oh, and he looks like Viggo. ;)
Anyways, I can't wait for the rest!

Yes mine was wrong too. I have noticed that if you tighten it up to much however the belt looks too long. Any suggestions?

galactiboy said:
I realized after looking at some pictures that mine was looped upside down as well.

Well when Matt said mine was upside down. I looked at it and realized that it wasn't the whole belt but just that loop.

you guys are confusing me with all this belt upsidedown or tightening stuff. i guess I'll know what you mean when I get mine?

nash said:
you guys are confusing me with all this belt upsidedown or tightening stuff. i guess I'll know what you mean when I get mine?

Look at the pics of the belt here you can see that it is looped correctly. Mine and GB's was just the opposite. As far as tighting you can undo that loop and tighten the belt.

jlcmsu said:
Look at the pics of the belt here you can see that it is looped correctly. Mine and GB's was just the opposite. As far as tighting you can undo that loop and tighten the belt.

As far as I can tell, ALL the scabbard belts are looped upside-down in the box.

Hmmm they might all be wrong... but its not a big deal to re-loop them. Just make sure you pay attention to how its done.

I'm still trying to find the sweet-spot as far as tightening the belt. I've got it pretty tight, but it still doesn't seem be quite right... and even though the belt loop is rubbery I'm afraid of damaging it. But for now it seems to work okay.

jlcmsu said:
They might be. I relooped mine none the less. It's pretty tight now so I'm happy with it.

You know, I've been hearing a lot of chatter about the belt being looped wrong, but I know with mine, it wasn't even close to tight enough so I had to undo it all anyway to put it on him so I don't know why some people seem so shocked by it, I'm sure SSC expected you to put the belt on so why worry which way it's wrapped to sit in a box.

I wouldn't say shocked, I just was tightening it the first time and then later realized it was upside down... no biggie.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, no biggie really. I'm just glad Matt pointed it out because I hadn't noticed.

:wave

As for the belt the issue seems to also stem from the end of the strap, there is a small "metal" end piece, you want that to face out. In order for that to work however you either have to put a twist in the belt (behind his back so it is not noticeable) like SS did with mine, or re-do it and loop it upwards. I hope that didn't further confuse anyone. :lol :eek:

:mwaha We shall see. :mwaha

Now that I got mine where I want it. I won't be messing with it anymore. I'm liable to muck it up.

Got my exclusive today. Other than the fact it bears no resemblance to Viggo and the horrible paint to top that off, the figure itself is really nice and the accessories are great.

LOTRFan said:
:wave

As for the belt the issue seems to also stem from the end of the strap, there is a small "metal" end piece, you want that to face out. In order for that to work however you either have to put a twist in the belt (behind his back so it is not noticeable) like SS did with mine, or re-do it and loop it upwards. I hope that didn't further confuse anyone. :lol :eek:
I hope when I get mine I understand what you guys are talking about. Right now I am confused.

Yeah, more images.

I must wait another 20 days for it.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your order of our 12” Aragorn as Strider Exclusive (item #92061) from our LOTR sixth scale collection. We appreciate your patience in awaiting the arrival of this limited edition collectible! We will be transferring this item from our US warehouse to our EU warehouse next week!

This piece is estimated to arrive at our European Warehouse within the next 20 business days

Pfffffffffffff, 20 more days.

Give us pics for these 20 days of waiting.

Back