12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aragorn exclusive arrived today--he's amazing! Some friends came by today and somebody offered 70 bucks on the spot for him (which I declined, of course). He truly is a museum quality piece--man, I want a camera so i can show you all! Once you get the cloak, the accesories, and everything else on him, MAN he looks good!!! So far though is seems very few people have figured out how to get his clothes to look right--if I can get a camera I'll take lots of pics so you can see how to make it look nice; I've done so much tailoring and clothing alterations it's kinda second nature to me. Once you get the clothing and pose right, people--this figure is gold. Gold I tell you!

Captain Aldeggon said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aragorn exclusive arrived today--he's amazing! Some friends came by today and somebody offered 70 bucks on the spot for him (which I declined, of course). He truly is a museum quality piece--man, I want a camera so i can show you all! Once you get the cloak, the accesories, and everything else on him, MAN he looks good!!! So far though is seems very few people have figured out how to get his clothes to look right--if I can get a camera I'll take lots of pics so you can see how to make it look nice; I've done so much tailoring and clothing alterations it's kinda second nature to me. Once you get the clothing and pose right, people--this figure is gold. Gold I tell you!

I pretty much feel the same way, glad you like him Cap.

I'm with ya CA. I got mine fixed to where I like it. I would like to get the Duster to sit a bit better but he looks pretty good. A bit more futzing and he'll be perfect.

the key to making the duster and cloak look good is to use the shoulder straps to hold wrinkles and puffiness in place. If tucked in just right, they really add naturalism to the drape of the fabrics. Dang, I gotta get a camera--this is probably the only place where people would appreciate how much I put into the posing of these dudes, and they look SO GOOD--I can't wait to finaly show you all!!!

I agree with everyone who loves this figure...it's FANTASTIC! Sure, it still needs some 'slight' customization to become a little more 'weathered'...a project for down the road, for now, I'm REALLY happy with Aragorn as is...So glad I got the exclusive, the bonus Strider cloak adds that extra bit of personality and detail to the figure. Here's a couple pics of my Aragorn...a little futzing and some 'slight' scraping of the beard to make it look a little lore like stubble and he's gold! One thing's for sure, this line is off to a GREAT start!!! ...more pics to follow at a later date...for now, enjoy!

Last edited:
...A couple of 'macro' close-ups of the sculpt too. Sure, it's not 100% Viggo, but it feels 'Aragorn' enough for me! I think it looks GREAT!

Last edited:
I would like to know why my exclusive hasnt even shipped yet? its been a week since I got the 3-5 day notice

Captain Aldeggon said:
the key to making the duster and cloak look good is to use the shoulder straps to hold wrinkles and puffiness in place. If tucked in just right, they really add naturalism to the drape of the fabrics. Dang, I gotta get a camera--this is probably the only place where people would appreciate how much I put into the posing of these dudes, and they look SO GOOD--I can't wait to finaly show you all!!!

Please do post pics when you can. I'm curious to see your work now.

Received mine yesterday also (should have been here friday). Looks incredible. Alot of the pics kinda made me depressed (did not really look like Viggo), but in person he looks very close. My beard is a little dark, but in all honesty he looks fine in my opinion. I asked my wife what we should do to make the clothes look more worn, she said 'let the dogs play with him for a while' :lol

Something I've been thinking about is his belt with the scabbard supposed to be loose, somewhat loose or is it supposed to be tight around his waist? I wonder if mine isn't a tad bit too loose.

I've found that for these knotted belts and for tucking, tugging and tweaking in general, you can't beat a good long pair of tweezers. I use a pair that come to a tiny point.

For Aragorn's scabbard, I've set the knot on the first (nearest center) attachment as high as it will go. The belt itself needed to be tightened and re-knotted as well.

Now here's a really silly question.

(My apologies if it has already been asked, I can't sit still for long at the computer to read all of the pages as I've just come out of hospital having had kidney stone surgery :( )

Can the hair be separated from the head? I'd love to buy one of these but the only issue I have is that I don't like the hair and the pieces at the front more specifically. I'd sculpt my own version of the hair, everything else I'm happy with so far!

paulcarson said:
Now here's a really silly question.

(My apologies if it has already been asked, I can't sit still for long at the computer to read all of the pages as I've just come out of hospital having had kidney stone surgery :( )

Can the hair be separated from the head? I'd love to buy one of these but the only issue I have is that I don't like the hair and the pieces at the front more specifically. I'd sculpt my own version of the hair, everything else I'm happy with so far!

Hey paulcarson, Since the hair and head are two seperate sculpts/pieces, I believe you could seperate them. I just think it may take a little work since it's glued on TIGHT! I remember people having trouble removing the hair-piece from their Anakin 12", so this would probably be the same. However, I figure it's definitely doable with a little patience and elbow grease!

P.S., Welcome back from the hospital, and back on the boards. Hope you have a speedy and healthy recovery! :D

You can also tuck the little hair pieces (in the front) back under the hair sculpt. I think this makes him look a little less doe-eyed.

galactiboy said:
You can also tuck the little hair pieces (in the front) back under the hair sculpt. I think this makes him look a little less doe-eyed.

Or at least the right strand (our left), that is very distracting.

Sideshow12inAragorn2024.jpg

Back