1/6th Skiff Guard Velken Tezeri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakaman

Super Freak
Reaction score
I started to work on Velken Tezeri last night. He is seen in this picture:

velkentezeri-main.jpg

I sculpted the helmet(still needs to be painted) and added the face shroud. The vest is from Ignite Toys Viking figure with the sleeves cut off.

humanskiff2.JPG

humanskiff1.JPG

He is pretty rough at the moment, but am happy so far with him. He is going to look good with two Weequay guards (dressed in Vivisects custom outfits!:D) and my Lando Skiff.

more pics to follow.
Chris

Chris

Last edited:
You're on a serious roll Chaka! I like where you're going with it already.
I also like how you're picking guys SS will never make. Who needs another Boba:horror Yeah...I said it:D

Thanks guys, my thoughts exactly. I love them skiff guards!!

Couple more shots, painted the helmet a bit.

humanskiff3.JPG

humanskiff4.JPG

Last edited:
I did some more work on him today. Painted the pants and boots. Weathered the pouches, arm guantelets and belt. I also took a blackish pastel to the vest to make it dirtier.

The pants and boots were the hardest to make accurate. There are not a lot, if any pictures of his boots. I got it as close I thought it needed to be. The only thing I really need to touch up are his arms.

humanskiff6.JPG

humanskiff7.JPG

He fits in nicely. I will take some better pictures when I have some more time.
Chris

Last edited:
that looks great! how about a nice long bath in a cup of tea to get that vest a bit more color?

He looks good, all he needs to look like the reference shot is a little padding in the waist and stomach.:D

Thanks. Its funny you mention that, I added some padding to the stomach and made the belt extra tight. I guess I need to add some more.

I also am planning to darken the vest up a bit.

I did some work on this guy tonight. Repainted the vest to make it more accurate. Re-did the belt, weathered it and added some to the coverings on his face. I also "beefed" him up a bit.:D

Here he is with my other skiff guards..

velk1.JPG

I just need to figure out a way to hide the arm joints.

Last edited:
Rather than cover the arms I'd suggest just painting them a flesh tone and then giving them a bit of dirtyness. That way you reduce the plasticy look of them, but still keep all the articulation.

Your trio is kickass looking btw :rock

Rather than cover the arms I'd suggest just painting them a flesh tone and then giving them a bit of dirtyness. That way you reduce the plasticy look of them, but still keep all the articulation.

Your trio is kickass looking btw :rock

I agree, just paint them.

I would forget about trying to hide the joints completely, almost impossible with out covering them with clothing, or use a figue with less obvious elbow joints and loose some articulation, thats what I would do. Anyways there still just dolls....err..I mean action figures :D, so what does it matter if a few joints are showing if they still look good.

or you can look for some bbi figures that have the rubber arms. the expensive hot toys figures aren't the only ones out there. but I agree the joints aren't a problem IMO they are toys. if it still is a problem, you can maybe try flesh colored womens leggings...:eek:

Thanks for the adivce guys, looks like I have a few options.

I can just see it now, me looking for womens leggings...:D

I did some work on this guy tonight. Repainted the vest to make it more accurate. Re-did the belt, weathered it and added some to the coverings on his face. I also "beefed" him up a bit.:D

Here he is with my other skiff guards..

velk1.JPG

I just need to figure out a way to hide the arm joints.

Great job Chacka! Can't wait to see more.

Also; looks like you're using a Buck body for him... probably some of the worst looking exposed arms. Even standard Dragon bodies arms look better IMO :lol

Back