Hot toys Star Wars The Last Jedi - 1/6th scale Praetorian Guard (With Heavy Blade)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2littlemoney

Super Freak
Reaction score
Star Wars fans around the world are eagerly waiting for December to come soon as Star Wars: The Last Jedi will finally hit the theaters! In this latest installment of the Star Wars saga, fans will get a closer look at the First Order’s Supreme Leader Snoke who will be flanked by loyal protectors clad in crimson colored ornate armor to defend the sinister leader from any danger.

In anticipation to this upcoming epic blockbuster, Hot Toys is excited to introduce the 1/6th scale collectible of the Praetorian Guard in Star Wars: The Last Jedi!

The highly accurate collectible figure features a skillfully crafted helmet, body armor, and outfit, specially applied glossy red colored painting on armor, the guard’s unique whip staffs and heavy blade weapon, and a character themed figure base!
Let your Star Wars collection grow today by adding the new Praetorian Guard (With Heavy Blade) 1/6th scale collectible figure!

125456jbe3syuzsu35fic4.jpeg.thumb.jpg
125503r7nblmmm9ct78wm1.jpeg.thumb.jpg
125509vegtwsj91jssoign.jpeg.thumb.jpg
125516hfjfoj4fj9ujjfuo.jpeg.thumb.jpg
125522bip3t3e1k4teucua.jpeg.thumb.jpg
125537zzy0c00l1t1yl0qz.jpeg.thumb.jpg
125558m230gsvcf0xcf30n.jpeg.thumb.jpg
125612mnw1rwud77d7172r.jpeg.thumb.jpg
125628akkiix2x2dhzlx7h.jpeg.thumb.jpg
130040mggrsd4881nm4rz1.jpeg.thumb.jpg
130049ans5oki057u880en.jpeg.thumb.jpg
130226xss7lggpzk1gescg.jpeg.thumb.jpg
130234kniggg4azbq6zvpe.jpeg.thumb.jpg

I think each of the TWO different Guard packages comes with two heads... so 4 total.

Unless the differences are very minor, they both seem to come with the same 'plain' head. One version has the 'hat' head and the other the 'pointy' head as exclusive heads to each version. But they both seem to have that plainer head. Again, maybe I'm just not seeing the subtle differences with them. It took me a few weeks to even realize there was more than one helmet for these guys :lol

Between the two, this looks like a better buy than the other one.
Will wait on the movie to see if they end up somehow being awesome to make me want them... but it's cool that they included the alternate head/weapon as opposed to just milking 4 different figures.

When the one with the curvy blade gets unmasked its going to be Asajj.

I was also a bit confused what they were doing here with the heads and weapons per figure. I mean they call one "with heavy blade" but show pics of him with a whip ??? But I think it's clear multiple heads for one figure.

Wonder if they will use the sane fabric for the Imperial Guards. THat's who I'm waiting on.

I won't be getting them. No points for originality, but they do look really cool.

Yes they do look good. I think HT made a wise decision not to make 4 different figures. I don't see them selling a huge amount of these.

I don't see them selling a huge amount of these.

HT doesn't either ;) But in all seriousness they are probably being careful in how they release things now considering what happened with their TFA line. Not sure if it was the amount they made or sales.

HT doesn't either ;) But in all seriousness they are probably being careful in how they release things now considering what happened with their TFA line. Not sure if it was the amount they made or sales.

I'd say they just made too many. I'm sure given the hype, plus first new Star Wars in a long time, there must have been quite a few sold. But yes, certainly a learning point there for them. But this is OK. Means they don't spend time and resources (and production capacity) on 4 Praetorian Guard variants for example. They can use those resources now for more classic OT figures :lol

What a boring rubbish. Give us classic guards and Death Star Trooper.

They should have picked weapon colors that looked better with the Guard's armor. This red on red crap is just the troopers white cosplay crap all over again.

Thank God these abominations are being released before unimportant figures like the Emperor, ESB Lando, death star troopers, Krennic, etc.

I want the ROTJ guards.

These TLJ ones would have shelf presence but there are so many other potential figures that would take priority.

The only way I see myself considering these is if they turn out to be the Knights or Ren. They do look cool though.

Back