Hot toys Star Wars The Last Jedi - 1/6th scale Praetorian Guard (With Heavy Blade)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo taken at secret base.

guard 1.jpg
guard 2.jpg

Not feeling them. Unless something changes my opinion after the movie, they are a pass

Is there some sort of competition to see who can be the most miserable in here? Hardly a surprise they want to show figures related to the current movie. Those secret base shots look good, lets hope the guards get some good scenes in the movie.

If I can get them on sale I will bite. I only want them if I can get 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with the majority so far who are not feeling the love for these guys, I find them just way to bland, not Hot Toys fault of course they can only make what ever is in the film but I fine the design really lazy just bland featureless red, no details, no character. They are going to have to have some spectacular scenes in a spectacular film to be considered for my shelf space.

So are there 4 heads total?? Secret base pics only show 3.

Or is one head repeated between the two figures?

They look pretty cheap -- very much like toys.

Yeah it's easier to reconcile the cost in my head when the sculpt looks lifelike, like a miniature version of a human. But there's no sculpt here. Just red plastic.. Vader is an exception for me because he's the GOAT.

One thing I hate about the new designs in general: how the weapons are color coordinated with the outfits: white in the guns of the stormies; red in the weapons of these guards....makes the weapons look like props and less real

These guys would look way better IMO with a bit darker red and some battle wear that made the armor actually look like metal.

I like them. An awful lot. But they'll stay on queue of whatever comes from ANH/ESB/Emperor+Guards.

Yeah, I think that is pretty much the sentiment of most here. These figures are expensive, and for Star Wars figures that invariably means most buyer with this sort of disposable income are the kids of the 70's and 80's. By default they will favour the nostalgic OT.

Not going for these until they officially annouce Snoke. It's the Death Troopers / Krennic scenario all over again.

Back