1/6th Scale Celebration VI Exclusive - Commander Ganch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that they announced a CVI exclusive before any for SDCC.
Well, in fairness to Sideshow they weren't the ones who actually announced this one. I'm sure they would have preferred to announce it themselves via a Newsletter or something. It's not even on their site or FB page yet.

I think it's kind of sad they don't go to Celebrations. It was fun they were at CIV but since Star Wars is a major license for them, I don't see why they wouldn't want a presence at a Star Wars specific event.

My guess is it has to do with it's location. CIV in LA and SDCC in San Diego are probably much more cost friendly to them while Orlando for CV and CVI is not. The cost to lug all their stuff all the way across the country is probably too high.

Very likely. Also, it's only a month after SDCC.

Still, that doesn't stop every single other licensee from attending. Sideshow was THE only no-show at CV.

Also, they were at C3 in Indianapolis (where the Grievous PF was first announced & shown).

Easy pass for me. Cool figure, but no interest in an PT/ EU character with NO screen time.

Yeah. I never saw it.

I can't imagine that many have.

According to wookieepedia he's from a webcomic that was posted in September 2009.

218px-Act_on_Instinct.png

OK... lots to cover...

1. I'm Tom Hodges, I co-created/Designed Ganch.

2. He appeared in Two Web Comics for starwars.com They ran concurrently with Season 2 and Season 3. Essentially, Ganch was Bolla Ropal's Clone Commander. Ropal was captured and murdered by Cad Bane in the beginning of Season 2 (which is where the web comic begins). He then became the Clone Commander to Keelyvine Reus (another co-creation between myself and Pablo Hidalgo)

Season 1 was collected in a Trade Paperback (published jointly by DHC and Dreams & Visions Press) and sold at CV, Season 2/3 are hopefully going to be collected soon together. So I get why some folks haven't seen or heard of him before. But with that said, the #1 feature on SW.com for 3 years was the Comic. 200K readers per week when posted. The web site went through a bunch of changes and has been put on hold. While popular, it was free to the public and not cost effective. Season 4 would have debuted the Phase II helmet.Sideshow requested it for the Figure.

3. Ganch's name is the form of torture in the Middle East. It's not pretty. Pablo came up with the name. If you'd like to see more images as well as the initial design George approved, I'll post it.

4. I'm COMPLETELY cool with people who don't dig the figure.But he does have a fan base. I'm seeing him pop up all over Google in everything from 501st members making the armor to customs (3 3/4 figures to Legos). So the "exclusive" will be low numbered but should also be available in limited numbers to Non-attendees.

Lastly, IrishJedi, dude, I have NO idea what I did to wrong you and to have you call me a "bad human being" but you really should contact me about it. I haven't a clue what it's about. drop me an email, [email protected] so we can clear this up.

Lastly, IrishJedi, dude, I have NO idea what I did to wrong you and to have you call me a "bad human being" but you really should contact me about it. I haven't a clue what it's about. drop me an email, [email protected] so we can clear this up.

:wave

I got your Facebook message. I'll reply later and we'll keep it behind closed doors from here.

I can and will personally say that Tom is an awesome guy. VERY awesome guy. He's done a lot of commissions for me in the past and he's truly a top notch artist and human being.

I can and will personally say that Tom is an awesome guy. VERY awesome guy. He's done a lot of commissions for me in the past and he's truly a top notch artist and human being.

I do appreciate that. LOL

But if that's the case, how do you not know who Ganch is? LOL

well, Pablo, while no longer at Lucas Online (he's been promoted and moved to another dept) is working on getting the Web Comics back up. Since the revamp of the site (which I personally cannot stand), the comic were removed.

We're HOPING for either the site to put them back up OR they'll offer a free downloadable PDF. The 3rd option will be they allow my site to host the comic.

well, Pablo, while no longer at Lucas Online (he's been promoted and moved to another dept) is working on getting the Web Comics back up. Since the revamp of the site (which I personally cannot stand), the comic were removed.

We're HOPING for either the site to put them back up OR they'll offer a free downloadable PDF. The 3rd option will be they allow my site to host the comic.

Cool. I totally missed it when it was up. I never would go to StarWars.com so that's probably why I never saw it.

I never knew about the webcomics either, and also dislike the current starwars.com, it feels like it lacks so much to me.

btw, I'm glad that this thread stayed civilized and any former disputes/misunderstandings are going to be talked out(unlike at another board where it got a bit venomous for no reason). Just another reason this is my favorite board, SSF is the lightsaber of boards, an elegant board for a more civilized age.

If you're referring to Rebelscum, yea, I have NO IDEA where that came from. That guys said he didn't even know who I was and he attacked me like we have been feuding for years.

Back