1/6th Hasbro (Kenner) R2 and R5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look really good. This is on my list of "things to do." I have the electronic Hasbro R2 and 3PO and the weathering is horrible.

how did you weather it may i ask I want to have one clean like he is when we 1str see him and gritty like that. I'm thinking of picking up another to weather. feel free to explain your process.

The droids look great . Hasbro did a great job with the 1/6 astromechs and they're still expensive to pick up , IF you can find them ! Makes me wish I'd have snapped them up when they were at Toys R Us for £15 ! :slap

Nice weathering. Did you remove some of their weathering app?

I gave mine a face lift, specifically some bling around the neck.

I used holographic paper (which is basically a sticker material) at Ben Franklin's arts and crafts.

BTY, loved your Bantha man. First rate!

Very nice work all!

Has anyone here disassembled one of these?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanx in advance...

Andy, I'm moving these over to the SW custom section, FYI... Great weathering, BTW!
Thanks
Yeah, they look excellent.
Thanks
Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Those look really good. This is on my list of "things to do." I have the electronic Hasbro R2 and 3PO and the weathering is horrible.
Thanks
how did you weather it may i ask I want to have one clean like he is when we 1str see him and gritty like that. I'm thinking of picking up another to weather. feel free to explain your process.
Sanded lightly then a dirty wash then some fine details
The droids look great . Hasbro did a great job with the 1/6 astromechs and they're still expensive to pick up , IF you can find them ! Makes me wish I'd have snapped them up when they were at Toys R Us for £15 ! :slap
Thanks yes they are great although I sold these on.
Nice weathering. Did you remove some of their weathering app?

I gave mine a face lift, specifically some bling around the neck.

Yes I sanded off the original weathering ( a few paint splatters lol)
Cool. Where'd you get that "laser foil" (if that's what it is) for the neck?

Sean

I used holographic paper (which is basically a sticker material) at Ben Franklin's arts and crafts.

BTY, loved your Bantha man. First rate!

Very nice work all!

Has anyone here disassembled one of these?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanx in advance...

Andy, just checked out your Facebook page. VERY nice work!! Amazing stuff. Hopefully you will be posting some more SW stuff here in the future. Thanks for sharing. :)

Nice upgrade on your R5 Will, I really like the additional "bling". :D

Andy, just checked out your Facebook page. VERY nice work!! Amazing stuff. Hopefully you will be posting some more SW stuff here in the future. Thanks for sharing. :)

Nice upgrade on your R5 Will, I really like the additional "bling". :D

Thanks mate ! I may be doing some more SW stuff very soon !

Back