1/6th Dengar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chakaman, the holster is a great idea. In the EU novels, Dengar, Boba and Bossk are all described as wearing sidearms, which makes sense.

Your figure is looking cool, but having taken out the padding from the Hasbro suit I think you might have slimmed him down a bit too much. The suit was really a fat suit to bulk him up, as I always had the impression that Dengar was a bit overweight!

Chris your dengar is looking great, I love the straps and shoes, so cool.

bidufarewell, your todo list! Is it a 1/6th scale to do list or a "Stop Playing With Your Dollies and mow the lawn" to do list... at least your wife has seen my site, my wife has never seen it.... she despairs at me and my dollies!!! LOL

...Yeah Chris...cool progress....Ähem If you feel the urge to make another holster...just lemme know *cough,cough* :D...Oh BTw whre did you get the leather stuff???

Thanks guys. The armor does make him look a bit thiner, thats why I kept the Hasbro upper leg armor. I just like the look of the SSC armor better.

...Yeah Chris...cool progress....Ähem If you feel the urge to make another holster...just lemme know *cough,cough* :D...Oh BTw whre did you get the leather stuff???

It was pretty easy to make. Just took a few pieces of leather and cut them into bits and glued them together to form the holster. I got the leather at "Hobby Lobby" here in town. It is just an arts and craft store. They sell pieces for about $3-4.

It was pretty easy to make. Just took a few pieces of leather and cut them into bits and glued them together to form the holster. I got the leather at "Hobby Lobby" here in town. It is just an arts and craft store. They sell pieces for about $3-4.

Do you have a photo of the holster from the side? Making leather belts, holsters and packs is something that I wouldn't mind having a go at, as I think it can really transform a figure.

The only thing I've done to my Dengar so far is simply swap his gun for the MG-34 (with it's bipod removed) that came with Dragon's Wittmann & Woll set. I don't have an MG-42 to replicate Dengar's Valken-38, but for some reason the Woll machine-gun has a different barrel to the standard MG-34.

This was where Google took my search this morning:

https://www.partsofsw.com/valken38.htm

Which means that the Hasbro and Koto figures must have been based on pre-production stills, and not the movie itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I will try to get some better pictures of the holster when I can. My wife's "to-do" list is keeping me from messing with my toys this weekend.

Taking a break from yard work......

Here is a work in progress picture of the backpack. Still need to paint the leather additions and weather. I did add gun metal to the silver areas.

dengar51.jpg

Also, here a side view of the holster as requested. Nothing fancy, but it adds a lot. I plan on adding a strap to go over the gun handle.

dengar50.jpg

I did some work on the head today. I pretty much have the wrappings the way I want them. Next step is to paint and weather them.

dengar62.jpg

dengar63.jpg

dengar60.jpg

dengar61.jpg

Last edited:
Did some work on Dengar. I had to give the bodysuit a light grey wash to match the head bandages, the Hasbro suit was too beige. I then used pastels to dirty the bandages and add wear to the armor. I then sealed everything in dullcoat.

I wanted to get some pictures in natural lighht, so I moved upstairs into the kitchen.

dengar72.jpg

dengar71.jpg

dengar70.jpg

dengar76.jpg

dengar80.jpg

I am pretty happy with this guy, he is pretty much done. I just need to add the andage pins to the head/neck area and work on his weapon.

Last edited:
Not bad at all Chris....I just opened the package with my 2 Sets of Stormy Armor and other SW bits and pieces...need to get me some leatherstrips too...I hope I can get down on Dengar ASAP...hhmmmmmmmm need to check my to-do list and wifes to-do list....

OH BTW Chris....can I have a shot of your Dengars right side with the holster???

Back