1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those ordering just one Tusken Raider, this one is going to be similar to the Royal Guards, Snow Troopers and Death Troopers in that you'll probably regret not getting a second one.

I've got "one" pre-ordered through SS (had some RPs thrown at it) but need to order a second one. Any suggestions as to who has the best deal going, at this time?

For those ordering just one Tusken Raider, this one is going to be similar to the Royal Guards, Snow Troopers and Death Troopers in that you'll probably regret not getting a second one.

I've got "one" pre-ordered through SS (had some RPs thrown at it) but need to order a second one. Any suggestions as to who has the best deal going, at this time?
Toys Buying Agent has them in stock and ready to go at 1,990 HKD, or 1,940 HKD using code 50HKDCode. That’s around $250, with free shipping.

Toys Buying Agent has them in stock and ready to go at 1,990 HKD, or 1,940 HKD using code 50HKDCode. That’s around $250, with free shipping.
I thought free shipping on TBA only apply to figures over 2kg? unless you spend over 3000HKD?

I thought free shipping on TBA only apply to figures over 2kg? unless you spend over 3000HKD?
It’s the other way around free shipping under 2kg. Not even sure if he always charges for over 2kg tbh with you. He did for TMS015 Beskar Mando and yet the Heavy Mando was free. He also recently sent me 4 clone troopers packaged together free shipping.

It’s the other way around free shipping under 2kg. Not even sure if he always charges for over 2kg tbh with you. He did for TMS015 Beskar Mando and yet the Heavy Mando was free. He also recently sent me 4 clone troopers packaged together free shipping.
How much was the shipping? When did you order? What batch?

Heavy Mando is under 2kg so free.

Clones are under 2kg each but sending them together EMS is cheaper for him. I always ask to have them sent separately as customs is less likely to take an interest than if the box is the size of a small house but valued at $15.

Was initially going for one but, thanks to you, i'm now getting another one. Needed my order fix for this week and with no sign of Rex later batch's invoice, this was the best deal around.

How much was the shipping? When did you order? What batch?

Heavy Mando is under 2kg so free.

Clones are under 2kg each but sending them together EMS is cheaper for him. I always ask to have them sent separately as customs is less likely to take an interest than if the box is the size of a small house but valued at $15.
He was going to charge something like 500 HKD for it to the UK. However, that was during lockdown and there were issues with Hong Kong Post at the time. Ended up getting it shipped to another forum member’s place in Germany and then they forwarded it on to me. I’ve had about 30 figures from TBA and I cannot recall ever having paid delivery other than on that occasion.

Was initially going for one but, thanks to you, i'm now getting another one. Needed my order fix for this week and with no sign of Rex later batch's invoice, this was the best deal around.
Did you get Rex with TBA? I also ordered later batch and he sent the invoice for it yesterday. Already posted. He’s definitely the best of the HK sellers imho and easily the most reasonable and amenable.

Did you get Rex with TBA? I also ordered later batch and he sent the invoice for it yesterday. Already posted. He’s definitely the best of the HK sellers imho and easily the most reasonable and amenable.

Seen your post in the Rex thread. Did PO later batch with TBA but have yet to get the invoice. Friend of mine also reported getting his invoice yesterday. Will give it a week and contact him if i don't see anything coming my way.

TBA is clearly in my top three HK sources. Yet, i admit i skipped him for some time since he stopped offering the 20% option on PO on most figures.

Seen your post in the Rex thread. Did PO later batch with TBA but have yet to get the invoice. Friend of mine also reported getting his invoice yesterday. Will give it a week and contact him if i don't see anything coming my way.

TBA is clearly in my top three HK sources. Yet, i admit i skipped him for some time since he stopped offering the 20% option on PO on most figures.
Just send him a message and ask for the invoice then he'll probably send the figure straight off.

I'm the same with the 20% options, it's made it more difficult to order there. Especially seeming he's become more popular and even the 50% later batch options seem to sell fast. I really wish he'd offer payment plans similar to his HK competitors.

Just send him a message and ask for the invoice then he'll probably send the figure straight off.

I'm the same with the 20% options, it's made it more difficult to order there. Especially seeming he's become more popular and even the 50% later batch options seem to sell fast. I really wish he'd offer payment plans similar to his HK competitors.

Will likely hit him wit an email early next week. Will have my wages credited by then :cool:

No too fond about the payment plans offered by HK sellers. Since figures take way more than a year to turn up nowadays, i'm afraid these sellers could go bankrupt or simply close down without notice. Not ready to engage all my collection funds that long before figures are actually ready to ship.

I dunno. Looking forward to some videos (in addition to the one Sideshow rushed out) and other stills aside from the blogger ones.

Have a feeling that this one will be similar to to HT's jawa effort. Well-rendered, but off. The gear looks really good. The wrapped hands are a nice touch.
It's the head (especially the face) that looks really off to me. Not to mention those perfectly clean and tailored outfits. Yes, yes...I hear the "But these are from Mando" and I get that, but even by that standard, they're still off. With the perfectly hemmed skirt (dress? robe?) it looks more like the suburban tuskens...Tammy and Terrance Tusken, living the high life in the Jundlund wastes...

I still really like the SIdeshow one from years ago. Ragged, dirty and fierce.
Don't want to derail, but here's a shot of the SSC Tusken, still looking cool!

TUSKEN-RAIDER-31.jpg

This may be the instance where I pick up a second one and combine elements of one of my Sideshow ones with it. The weapons and bandoliers with this HT one are outstanding. But I really like the layers and robes that the SSC figure features.

TUSKEN RAIDER.jpg

Would love to have a raider with a little of both of the two and get some more cool outdoor shots.

This may be the instance where I pick up a second one and combine elements of one of my Sideshow ones with it. The weapons and bandoliers with this HT one are outstanding. But I really like the layers and robes that the SSC figure features.

Would love to have a raider with a little of both of the two and get some more cool outdoor shots.

The detail and 'carving' on the weapons is some of the best I've seen from Hot Toys.

I ordered a pair of Tuskens, one from KG Hobby and one from the UK group, because of the number of weapon and bandolier variations. Plus I always wanted a 1/6 Tusken, having missed out on Sideshow's.

My first Kenner figure was Hammerhead, which I decided to swap the next day at school for another kid's Vader and Sandman because two seemed better than one. The design of the Sandman fascinated me.

I hope HT will tackle a classic OT Tusken at some point.

Back