1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered two, what we're seeing is basically what I expected. I doubt HT would do an ANH version anytime soon. If it happens it'll probably be a year until they even put them up for PO since these just came out.

Now I'm 1:6 Bantha dreamin!

9DC31AF0-4AE3-46A9-87FF-F275C032A7DD.gif

C6DBF79C-DB31-43F8-B40E-4C46042FBA3D.gif

248BF0E6-6A7D-40C9-BABF-0B47C62E213F.gif

Last edited:
Glad I didn't order one of these. Something looks off about these. Not talking about accuracy. Looks weirdly toy like (which obviously they are). Maybe its the robes?

Definitely too clean but oh how much fun it‘s gonna be to get a couple and dirty them up a bit.

And I should have followed through with my TW purchase last night because they upped the price by $50 when I went to go check out this morning. 😄 Think I’ll just wait til they drop the price again cuz I really want to army build these guys.

That's the slimmest rifle I have ever seen. Must shoot needles.

Curious to see who here will give this the needed 'dirt bath'...
Yeah, this figure is best considered a starting point (though I can more than see how people would think a starting point fig that costs $250 before tax/ship is laughable.)

Having just been building three Tuskens based on the Sideshow figure, I'm excited to get this figure into the mix. To me it has a PT vibe (my plan for it,) which is a Tusken look I don't mind at all, even if the OT is obviously the gold standard.

I'm still mystified as to why the Tusken faces look the way they do in Mando (inaccurate cosplayers really have ruined the onscreen return of iconic OT outfits,) and unfortunately HT did a decent job recreating that somewhat wonky look.

This is one of the rare times that the sideshow fig still holds up. I'll still keep one on order, but will pick up extra parts for the sideshow to have some better gaffi sticks & such. Maybe I'll get lucky and people will dump their sideshow figs for this one lol
Yep I'll agree there. The Jawa was the other one which came to mind. Again it comes down to better weathering of the fabric by SS back in the day.

But I'll be still interested to see how the HT and SS look beside each other. I guess no risk of a twins look.

But as Captain Trips mentioned HT gave them options with the bandolier and weapons etc to make them different enough even if you have 2 HT Tuskens.

(inaccurate cosplayers really have ruined the onscreen return of iconic OT outfits,) and unfortunately HT did a decent job recreating that somewhat wonky look.

It is strange -- I never saw a "screaming woman" in the OT Tusken mask... but I see it in the Mando version and HT replication particularly.

Something just seems off. Maybe the eyes, the clean robes, the scarf, my empty wallet?
I feel like it’s either the size of the head/neck scarf or it also feels like the shoulders are kind of narrow…I have the same feeling but can’t really put a finger on it

It is strange -- I never saw a "screaming woman" in the OT Tusken mask... but I see it in the Mando version and HT replication particularly.
It somehow turns the eye tubes into John Lennon glasses too, and the "teeth" look more like, well, teeth....

5Fyz66R.png

And the simplistic sculpt of the leather mouth triangle also makes it look like a few wooden pool/snooker ball racks sitting neatly inside one another, whereas the OT Tusken mouth you really don't get that vibe anywhere near as much.

imperial-racks_jpg_egpoolcue.jpg

Ok I nearly spit out my drink.....
Lmao same. Now I’ll never be able to look at this figure the same again.

I’m one that while it’s not the OT Tuskens, it’s still a decent attempt and pulls it off and based on what HT had to work with making it match the show they did great. I have to have 2 of these for sure. Might get one now through TBA for $250 shipped

It somehow turns the eye tubes into John Lennon glasses too, and the "teeth" look more like, well, teeth....

5Fyz66R.png

And the simplistic sculpt of the leather mouth triangle also makes it look like a few wooden pool/snooker ball racks sitting neatly inside one another, whereas the OT Tusken mouth you really don't get that vibe anywhere near as much.

imperial-racks_jpg_egpoolcue.jpg
Damn now I can’t unsee it.

Lmao same. Now I’ll never be able to look at this figure the same again.

I’m one that while it’s not the OT Tuskens, it’s still a decent attempt and pulls it off and based on what HT had to work with making it match the show they did great. I have to have 2 of these for sure. Might get one now through TBA for $250 shipped
That's what I'm mulling though hard to pull the trigger when my HT Lando has been sitting at the HK airport for so long. I think once its close or delivered I'll feel better about jumping on the Tusken and Shoretrooper.

Back