1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys rarely/never weathers materials because they can't make them the same every time.

In this case it's pretty ridiculous though !!

View attachment 542200View attachment 542201
That’s how they looked in the show though, it has nothing to do with Hot Toys really.
We’d complain they weren’t screen accurate if they weathered them up more than what we saw in the show.

Looks just like the proto. I'm glad to be getting it but this is still the gold standard...

cbc53cd4-69c5-4df1-8ec7-11cb99a4e5b4-jpeg.539114
Yeah, gotta say that the OT version appeals to me more. I don’t hate the Mando Tuskens, but there’s just something more primal with the old version.

This came out pretty well. I hadn't planned to pick this up but will grab one. The head still looks a bit wonky (though accurate to Mando) but not as much so as the proto for some reason.

Funny that we waited all these years for a HT Tusken with people assuming it would be wrapped fabric bandages but HT went with even less fabric than Sideshow did. Even the boots are just plastic (and do look a little hasbro-ish, but are pretty hidden anyway and probably not as shiny as the video shows.)

I do wish it came with a bigger/more drapey OT style outer cloak as a swap-out option though.

Last edited:
I'm glad the hand wraps are fabric. I hope they're not a pain to take off.

Just really wish HT would have come at these characters from the OT angle first, then made some changes to make them Mando releases - stuff like Biker scout, speeder bike, now Tusken. Even if for sales reasons the Mando version came out first.

The slightly wonky Mando onscreen looks are mostly due to the cosplayers used by the filmmakers not quite being able to match the OT costumes well, and they then become canon by being onscreen, but I still would rather have an OT Tusken that they add the neck scarf, thinner cloak and wrist wraps to for Mando (if they aren't willing to do two headsculpts.)

The way they've done it you end up with cosplayer inaccuracies in stuff like the Biker and speeder bike (the HT ROTJ bike has quite a few inaccuracies due to the Mando being the basis.)

Hopefully when HT spins this Tusken into a OT release they will redo the headsculpt, not just do a reissue with different cloak. They did do more changes/work on the ROTJ scout than they had to, so that's encouraging.

This guy came out of no where..poor Ahsoka. I prefer the OT Tuskens but these guys look pretty good. I'll be passing though.

Sideshow was ready with that unboxing video huh lol

This guy came out of no where..poor Ahsoka. I prefer the OT Tuskens but these guys look pretty good. I'll be passing though.

Poor Ahsoka indeed. Also, poor old Man of Hot Collectibles should be sacking his Hong Kong source, because they’ve failed to tell him about Lando, DW Mando, and now the Tuskens. It’s almost like these YouTubers with Hong Kong sources are all making **** up as they go along… almost ;-)

Regardless of screen inaccuracies these are going in the OT collection with the Jawas. There were more than just one Tusken raiding party on Tatooine, plus this lot would’ve been around during the OT.

Btw now would’ve been a great opportunity for Cobb Vanth. A figure that would’ve made far more sense than Yelena (or whatever her name is) to release on the same day as the Tusken Raiders.

If only HT had the cognitive ability to put two and two together like this...

There is no doubt now, Sideshow must have complained to HT about HK resellers and YouTubers and HT actually listening to them.

Poor Ahsoka indeed. Also, poor old Man of Hot Collectibles should be sacking his Hong Kong source, because they’ve failed to tell him about Lando, DW Mando, and now the Tuskens. It’s almost like these YouTubers with Hong Kong sources are all making **** up as they go along… almost ;-)

I haven't watched any of his stuff in a while, but their sources seem to be pretty terrible. I know he was going off on Pennywise coming soon weeks ago though. He got my hopes up over the summer saying General Skywalker was coming up soon lol.

There is no doubt now, Sideshow must have complained to HT about HK resellers and YouTubers and HT actually listening to them.

Oh yeah man, without a doubt, crazy how quick that unboxing video came out. The states are just waking up and they already have this video primed and ready lol.

Back