1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the ACI bods are great as they are solid and above all... CHEAP I have used al sorts for mine. If you take the neck off you can push a 10mm styrene tube over the ball joint... and then drill a 10mm hole in the head... I think I have pics one sec.

yep pics :)

marine333.jpg

marine334.jpg

marine336.jpg

you may want to trim the tubs down a wee dram!!!

marine335.jpg

Snow, ever thought about adding some LED's to the suits or perhaps the power fists? :rock

Hollow out the forearms or perhaps drill the tiny holes out with the LED's placed underneath.

Oh oh Oh My! those two look amazing, the Bolter to and thanks in advance for the head to body tip Mark :D

Got my magnets in the post so got everything, just finishing off the clean up and fill duties then onto the build and Photos ;)

I am thinking of dremelling the helmet out now seeing it is possible. I compared it to the Ani head and wasn`t sure so no harm in trying I guess whilst I have the dremel out eh :D

Like the idea of Illuminating the eyes Mark (beyond my abilities so jealous here :p ). Look forward to seeing that done :D

Quick question one of you maybe able to help with. I`m going Double Power Gloves on mine though with Claws. What would be the best way to make it look cool having the claws attached to the Power firsts? I did think the nuckle circles though then that would affect hand movement (if real) so no. Ideas?

Oh also Mark the Power Hammer, that does fit nicely inside the open hand Power Fist? As said if possible I`d like a Power Hammer :D Please :D

Dorg, stop trying to do it in 1/6th and think smaller. you want to do some DKOK and other guardsmen? medicom makes some 1/9th scale figures. look into those for the base bodies. OR look into using the DID children bodies.

Just because it's 12 inches doesn't make it 1/6th. I've got a Figure of Optimus Prime that's a foot tall, is he 1/6th? stop thinking inside that box, and start thinking outside it.

you're GREAT at thinking outside the box usualy. unshackle your mind and get creative with what you CAN get.

Yeah you are soooo right man... brain does not work as well as it used to :( haha...

Well....... rough.... but its an idea!

marine443.jpg

Wow Dorg! Those are really just amazing! I'm not even a huge Warhammer fan and yet I want them now XD. Amazing amazing work!

ow its all good fun :)
Ow and Big Guy, if you dremel the helm out and chuff it up (I DID :)) no worries I will sort you out with a new helm.... that goes for every one who has armour.... I dont want folks to hold back as they are scared of breaking or twisting of thinning the armour just go for it I will sort any one out with new parts :)

marine444.jpg

marine445.jpg

marine446.jpg

marine447.jpg

With two basically done except for playing and fiddling with my bits.... humm and staying up LATE TO ADD LIGHTS (i blame Skiman for my tiredness!)

marine435.jpg

marine436.jpg

marine437.jpg

Oh my Buddha that is outstanding! You keep raising that bar higher and higher and higher...:panic:

On the subject of new parts we may or may not have chuffed up (cough) Is there any chance you could cast up a replacement crotch/tummy section front and back? I errr, over trimmed the pieces and they dont reach around:monkey2 Cheers Mark

NO probs Nash... I will get one in the post asap mate...

Moving on the the 3rd marine :)... This one will be plain and simple nothing fancy.. a standard Ultra :)... I have roughed out his knee markings.... and weathered to top half..

marine438.jpg

marine439.jpg

marine440.jpg

marine441.jpg

marine442.jpg

Back