1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 WarHammer 40K Space marines.....

Just received the upgraded chest and shoulder parts from Cbob. Cheers dude!
Awesome sculpting and i'd love to learn the secret of how he sculpts using Milliput. That stuff is a mare to use!
Not going to rush this project now. I'm still working out what'll go where etc. It wont be Warhammer by the time i'm finished but it'll be kick arse all the same :D

Mate I am putting up your picks....

So these are Wanderers pics :)

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Looking Good Ron. Those silver plates on the Jet pack, they off ST communicators?
The pipe and wiring of the power fist is amazing.

Whoa, good eye, big guy! I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Trekker FREAK and I didn't notice those communicator parts, but I'll be darned if that isn't what those are! Neat...

This marine looks so, so cool. I'm actually gonna take the opposite tack to what everyone else normally says and say that you guys SUCK - because you're making me want to try to make one of these marine dudes, and I just am full up on custom fig projects right now...:wink1::monkey2 Damn this having to work nonsense:pfft:, I need more free time for my dolls!:impatient:

Seriously awesome stuff guys, rock it OUT!

Just received the upgraded chest and shoulder parts from Cbob. Cheers dude!
Awesome sculpting and i'd love to learn the secret of how he sculpts using Milliput. That stuff is a mare to use!
Not going to rush this project now. I'm still working out what'll go where etc. It wont be Warhammer by the time i'm finished but it'll be kick arse all the same :D

First off love that gun arm m8 that's insane :)

As for milliputt i normally flatten it out onto a slightly wet surface so its easy to remove again, then slice it or dice it.

For covering large areas i flatten it out so its as even all over as possible then pop it over the item, smooth it out etc and then trim the edges.

Some areas may need building up in layers so i wait for the 1st layer to dry before adding the 2nd 3rd etc.

As for smoothing it out (especially large areas) i place it under a running tap or submerge it in the sink and smooth it with my fingers or thumbs and generally feel for uneven or bumpy parts. I also quite often have to sand it as well afterwards. I use a heavy grade piece of sandpaper then work down to a old well used smooth piece of sandpaper for more of a polish. For really nasty lumps or bumps that i need to remove alot of i use a hobby knife and slice or scrape it before using the sandpaper.

I got a cheap sculpting kit off ebay with lots of different sizes and shapes for sculpting. I believe its actually for wax but it works so im happy.

Generally the best thing for milliputt is cutting it generally to shape before applying it as it saves alot of hassle and using water and sandpaper :)

I hope that helps :peace

Last edited:

First off love that gun arm m8 that's insane :)

As for milliputt i normally flatten it out onto a slightly wet surface so its easy to remove again, then slice it or dice it.

For covering large areas i flatten it out so its as even all over as possible then pop it over the item, smooth it out etc and then trim the edges.

Some areas may need building up in layers so i wait for the 1st layer to dry before adding the 2nd 3rd etc.

As for smoothing it out (especially large areas) i place it under a running tap or submerge it in the sink and smooth it with my fingers or thumbs and generally feel for uneven or bumpy parts. I also quite often have to sand it as well afterwards. I use a heavy grade piece of sandpaper then work down to a old well used smooth piece of sandpaper for more of a polish. For really nasty lumps or bumps that i need to remove alot of i use a hobby knife and slice or scrape it before using the sandpaper.

I got a cheap sculpting kit off ebay with lots of different sizes and shapes for sculpting. I believe its actually for wax but it works so im happy.

Generally the best thing for milliputt is cutting it generally to shape before applying it as it saves alot of hassle and using water and sandpaper :)

I hope that helps :peace

CBob, the quality is amazing! The chest and neck guard are unreal and blend seamlessly with the armour :D
Thanks for the kind comments gents. I'm pretty happy with the gun arm. Once I paint it up, add wires and an ammo magazine it should look alright..I hope :)
Oh and Mark, thanks again for making this all possible mate you're an inspiration to us all!!

Hi All

Cheers Guys I'm having such a great time doing this figure, and Wanderer awesome work so far mate that arm is amazing.

big guy - they are the 7" figure WOK comms mate.

Artoo - I have box's and tray's full of doodad's what happens when you have been doing models and customs for over 22yrs.

Ron

Last edited:

Artoo - I have box's and tray's full of doodad's what happens when you have been doing models and customs for over 22yrs.

Thanks Ron, I figured as much. Seems like we all have strange collections from our addictions. :lol

And gun legs! :wink1:

rose-mcgowan-machine-gun-leg.jpg

Yes!:yess: Now we're talking!
Hemble, thanks for the kind words mate. Means a lot coming from an awesome customiser like yourself :)
Its great seeing everyone pool their ideas and coming up with their own take on things. Awesome ;)

hahahah nice piece!

just gonna pop a few pics up... one of the things that was bugging me was the fact that my marines kept dropping their Bolters (big Shirley's) and I was using smurf pooh to hold them in place but I wanted to try magnets like on the backpacks.... and chuff me it seems to work a treat!..

marine418.jpg

marine419.jpg

Also wanted the helm to be removable so I dremeled the internal organs out of it!! Nursee!!!! Think I may paint the inside... also thinking about popping a light inside to illuminate the eyes!! that would be fun

marine420.jpg

marine421.jpg

marine422.jpg

it really works well mate.. I was just about to email you.. did you want any more armour bits I have some shoulder pads I was gonna send you to make some of those double armoured pads for folks

Back