1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 WarHammer 40K Space marines.....

:drool Great work there guys, I can't wait to start on my one and be part of the gang...:wink1:

Yeah man i cant wait to see all the other ones you guys are doing.

I'm sitting here sculpting parts custom bits for a boardies 1 atm :)

hhaay cool you doing some pads for wanderer?? Gotta post pics mate...
Paul...... your parts are in the post mate... you will have them on Tuesday I think :)

hhaay cool you doing some pads for wanderer?? Gotta post pics mate...
Paul...... your parts are in the post mate... you will have them on Tuesday I think :)

Yeah he wanted the same ones as i done on my Champion Ultramarine and the chest and back reworked similar as well.

Thanks mate

the big Question is what outfit of space marines to go with and colour scheme and then all the optional extras to with them...

I know its a nightmare and that's why i went with my 3 favourite colours red, black and blue :) as for weps you can always swap em around once in a while for variety.

great idea having this thread and compiling all these Fantastic WH40K Space Marines.

I look forward to contributing when I have all parts to get my BLACK TEMPLAR started :D

You guys have set such a high pedastal to aim for but I hope to give something if not half as good then maybe as good (pipe dream I know LOL) as you guys.

I cant explain how exciting it is to start to see some other folks turns on these things :) I know Cbob is just as stoked as me... Ron gonna pop up some pics of his WIP in a bit :)

I will quickly bash up some more pics to bring the thread up to where the figures are now :)

Right we got to a point where every thing was made and now it needed refining.... First thing I wanted to do is to get them looking more bulky and heavier feel to them... so I dremeled the chuffin hell out of them... I thinned the thighs down so they sat higher and did the same for the shins so they sat lower on the boot.

marine61.jpg

Once that was done it was so clear that the head had to be smaller... I found and medicom crispy fried Anakin swede which looked so much better and a ZMDC Rogue whic I think would be great for a Space Wolves Marine

marine64.jpg

marine66.jpg

next came the power fists from Seb... he gave us the Mcfalene fists and I took casts from them... they were chuffin magic...

marine85.jpg

marine90.jpg

marine95.jpg

marine97.jpg

made a cast of the Anakin head so I could dremel bits away to pop on a vox mask.. great fun painting that head..

marine128.jpg

marine130.jpg

marine129.jpg

Then I wanted to have a go at the backpack. Cbob had made an amazing one which I love but I wanted to set my self a wee challenge and make it a wee bit meaty!!!!!

marine136.jpg

marine138.jpg

marine141.jpg

marine143.jpg

I mainly used plasticard an old toilet roll some sticky tape and some egg whites and it came out ok...

The jets on the back I wanted to make separate as it would be easier to cast them up....

marine157.jpg

marine158.jpg

I used a door knob, some overflow pipe and a tank wheel..

the final thing that I really wanted to sort out was the head... I loved the clone trooper Rex head... but it was just to big.. so I made a shrink mould....

This made the head TINY!! but it really then made the Marine look massive :)

marine172.jpg

marine184.jpg

Finally I shrunk the helmet down to match the rest of the figure and that was that..... I will post more pics over the next few days and I hope other will do the same :)

Cbob has been a solid driving force behind the project and has constantly pushed forward with his amazing sculpts and I have loved every second... I will keep push on and refining as I build my army!!!!!! ahahahah... I have just made a new refined mould of the feet which incorporates the ankle joint and gives an insane about of poseability :)

marine382.jpg

marine399.jpg

the armour part I made were a mishmash! The Abs and buttocks where based on the clone armour. But the clone armour only fits the SS armoured bods and I wanted the armour to work on any body.

These are some of the WIP shots... The chest and abs I made as complete pieces and then I cut them in half when I had finished sanding them and stuff.

marine11.jpg

marine12.jpg

The Cbob used hasbro clone trooper as a base and built the whole thing up from sculpty and glue gun!! Amazing.

marine20.jpg

He made the foot from scratch and the chainsword from plasticard and sculpty

marine26.JPG

I have some poopy pics of different points of WIP.

I used alot of plasticard, milliputt, hot glue, general bits n bobs and the base Hasbro bits Dorgs supplied me. You could use plastic plumbing pipe or other materials to develop removable armour onto rather than sculpting permanently onto a figure. The original snub nose helmet i made from scratch and Dorgs resized the mold later on for the smaller helmets. The pointy nose 1 i used an old helmet as a base.

P10105681.jpg

P10105721.jpg

P10104871.jpg

P10104991.jpg

P10104821.jpg

P1010455.jpg

So inspiring guys! Thanks for sharing your techniques....I want in!

Brilliant, that was a thoroughly enjoyable 4 pages. Looking forward to seeing more.

Brilliant work you 2! Loved watching this project develop.

well there are plenty more photos that I can pop up... from making of the backpack banner, the thunderhammer, step by step putting the armour kit together to just straight forward pics :)

this is still one of my favs

marine196.jpg

well there are plenty more photos that I can pop up... from making of the backpack banner, the thunderhammer, step by step putting the armour kit together to just straight forward pics :)

this is still one of my favs

marine196.jpg

Would love to see how you make these emblems.

Back