1/6 scale Snowspeeder scratchbuild (Complete!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only just saw this.
Amazing work!
I just mocked one of these up in cardboard in preparation for a styrene build.
Now i have a lot of very good reference!
A couple of questions.

Did you make the cockpit tub the same width at the rear as the front?(It's hard to tell accurately with the images being at angles)

Are you in the UK?(You mentioned less than ?100 of costs)

Great job.

For anyone wanting their own it looks like JazzInc is offering one now.

I had to put this on hold for a bit, as i can only really do any spray painting during the summer months. My projects are so huge, they can't be done indoors. As i was busy all last summer finishing my Lotus, this had to wait. As my other Bond projects are now nearing completion, i was able to return to this.

Wings being painted. I did the pre-shading with an airbrush and used spray cans for the bulk of it.

snow128.jpg

Wing boxes nearly done. The one on the left is darker, as i ran out of paint. I thought 3 cans would be enough to do the whole thing, not even close.

snow129.jpg

I opted to go for the orange markings, even though it's not accurate to Luke's craft. I think it really makes it pop. I'll airbrush some more streaks and stains once it is built up.

snow130.jpg

There's still a very small amount of fabrication to do in the cockpit. The main thing is to get all the spray work done in the next 2-3 weeks, before the colder weather sets in. It would be cool if Snowspeeder Luke arrives before the big reveal. 🤞

Your craftsmanship is mind blowingly impressive. I still don't understand how you're able to do that with styrene, it looks amazing.

All the major sub-assemblies have been put together. Just the cockpit detailing and the final weathering to finish now.

All the glass in place and some roof detail added.

snow136.jpg

All the side consoles are complete.

snow137.jpg

Just the gunner's controls to finish painting. For the scope, i did a screen capture of the AT-ATs viewed through the binoculars and printed it onto paper. The full size cockpit just had red LEDs in a + pattern.

snow138.jpg

A quick teaser of the exterior.

snow139.jpg

Last edited:
Mind blown 🤯 it always amazes how much time and talent people have on the bespoke projects. this Is looking so good. Can’t wait to see the final reveal. That gunner targeting screen looks so good 👏👏👏

Back