1/6 scale Snowspeeder scratchbuild (Complete!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made enclosures for the lights and finished the wiring on the rear consoles.

snow115.jpg

Lighting test. The final painting will cover up the last of the light leakage.

snow116.jpg

Assembled into the rear cockpit. The screen is just a thin sheet of plasticard right now. I just need to find a suitable graphic and print it onto paper. I'll do the same for the front.

snow117.jpg

Overall effect. Once HT Snowspeeder Luke arrives, stand-in Luke will become Dak. Just need to get the jacket and gloves loose. I'll convert an old bike helmet into a pilot helmet, rather than buy a very expensive loose item, just to paint over it.

snow118.jpg

Amazing lighting work! And of course the controls for the gunner is going to move the gun!! Simply in awe.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Wow! ...my Snowspeeder now seems like a kindergarten project [emoji28]

I'm sure it will be just as impressive as your A-Wing.

Finishing off the interior now. Cockpit sides all done.

snow119.jpg

Added detail to the hinges.

snow120.jpg

Interior of the cockpit frame and glass installed. Just some pipes to add to this.

snow121.jpg

Added more lights to the last 2 consoles.

snow122.jpg

Only a small amount of fabrication to do now, then onto the painting. I'm also painting the bodyshell of my Lotus Esprit, which is taking an age, as there are so many coats required. Getting it flawless is just impossible. I'm glad i don't have to be so neat with the Snowspeeder. I'm hoping both projects will be finished in a few weeks.

Someone eventually is going to offer you a ton of money for this.

Triple what they offer and when they agree tell them you changed your mind you decided to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started the painting stage. I did the rear cockpit first to eliminate the light leakage.

snow123.jpg

I opted to paint the seats and quilted panels olive drab. They should be grey, but i wanted a bit of colour to add interest. For the same reason, i'm going with the orange markings, rather than Luke's grey scheme.

snow124.jpg

Inner wing detail.

snow125.jpg

Back end all painted and assembled.

snow126.jpg

snow127.jpg

Back