1/6 scale Snowspeeder scratchbuild (Complete!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go buy an expensive camera because I want to see a few hundred pics of this thing when its done. Just insane, and I'm insanely jealous. :lol

This blows away the 3D-sculpted snowspeeder print files out there, and of course no fine 3D print lines all over the smooth panels here. And that interior is beautiful - have never seen that fully built out in 1/6 like you have done.

All done! I might add a few extras, such as harnesses, but i will wait until HT Luke arrives. I would have preferred the big reveal to be in it's final display setting, but that's not finalised yet. Once Luke arrives, or we get some snowfall here in Scotland, i will take some more shots.

snow145.jpg

snow146.jpg

snow147.jpg

snow148.jpg

snow149.jpg

snow150.jpg

snow151.jpg

snow152.jpg

snow153.jpg

snow154.jpg

snow155.jpg

snow156.jpg

snow157.jpg

snow158.jpg

snow159.jpg

snow160.jpg

snow161.jpg

snow162.jpg

snow163.jpg

snow164.jpg

All done! I might add a few extras, such as harnesses, but i will wait until HT Luke arrives. I would have preferred the big reveal to be in it's final display setting, but that's not finalised yet. Once Luke arrives, or we get some snowfall here in Scotland, i will take some more shots.

I haven't been following this thread, but just dropped in when it popped up.

And...wow! That's incredible work, Marine Boy! :clap

Just mind boggling how amazing that build is especially all lit up. The snow speeder was my only “ship” as a kid so will always hold a special place for me. Thanks for documenting the project it has been a joy to follow.

Aw now I really want one, so much envy. What was it master Yoda said about that, something something hate something something pain something something leads to … Scotland and then we takes the precious!

It's the best scratchbuild I've ever seen

What a fantastic achievement, you're so talented

Now when does this go up for pre order? 😉

Thanks for all the feedback, it's much appreciated. I'm already planning my next Star Wars vehicle, but it will be a while yet, as there's other projects ahead in the queue.

I recently picked up a Luke pilot helmet and head sculpt for a good price. This should make a good stand-in until the HT figure comes out. When the time comes, I'll swap the head out for a generic head to represent Dak and repaint the helmet.

The head is a loose fit inside the helmet, due to missing the skullcap.

snow182.jpg

I think the helmet is a recast of the SS one, but it's very good.

snow183.jpg

I had to fabricate a skullcap from plasticard to secure the head inside.

snow184.jpg

The head is not glued in, but is a snug fit. It can still be removed.

snow185.jpg

Still some filler and paint needed, but here's how it will look assembled.

snow186.jpg

snow187.jpg

I'll take some cockpit shots when it's all done.

This is easily the craziest and coolest scratch build I've ever seen, love your work! Thanks for the updates, the Luke looks fantastic.

I’m in complete awe! A truly spectacular piece. Excellent stuff 👏 The Luke helmeted head will really finish the build off.

Back