1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More great progress this weekend, the right hand engine is almost there with a little more fine sanding & detailing to do.

I changed the way these will be cast to help Pete out with the painting. If I'd left them how they were originally it would've been impossible to get in with his airbrush:

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

I also had to beef up how the engine mount as this would be a weak spot and a possible break point.
I'll be completely re-doing the "damaged" engine next as the first one was only a test and no where near screen accurate enough.

Is everyone in agreement to leave the "fuel filler" off?

Jas

Most definitely interested in one of these, depending on price of course!

And it's also great to see that these are being made in the UK, rather than the US as usual, so I won't get hit with a **** ton of shipping fees & customs charges!!! :yess:

Heck, I'd even take a nice leisurely drive up to Staffordshire to pick it up in person! :hi5:

Hey Jas,

Just wondering if this seam will be there on the final product, now that you're going this route with the join?

Vote here for no filter. Closest to screen accuracy the better all around for us collectors. Can’t wait to grab one of these when they are ready.

Cheers!

Looking very nice so far! Would love to see some "straight-on" pics though - ie. a plan/top view and some true side, front and back elevation pics as opposed to 3/4 angles and closer details that have some lens distortion.

Just step back, zoom in a bit to correct for any lens distortion, and snap some top/front/sides/back pics to show the "true" overall proportions of the build.

If this is the reaction to the filler cap, I can't wait to see when the speeder is finished !!! :lol

Man, I'm gonna dance the gig naked down the street!!!!!! :)

I've been hanging out for a 1/6 speeder for (literally) decades! And with the quality of what Jas and Pete are capable of producing, this thing is going to be something truly special!

Literally, a dream come true for this ol diehard OT fan.

So, so, thankful to Jas and Pete for making this a reality.

Back