1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is worth taking a look at (1/5 scale build, mostly using 3D print files I believe):

https://www.mystery10.com/project/15th-studio-scale-landspeeder/

Here's the RPF thread that tracked the build:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=170448

And here's a pic of the landspeeder prop vehicle with Stears:

LzXgoaX.png

Great job Tali!

Good info - across the board! I didn't realize there were so many "versions" - paint wise.

Thanks for that Talibane. Some really good detail shots in there.

I'm guessing/hoping that the couple little plant on detail pieces can be 3D printed and moulded pretty easily.

Whoever invented 3D printing needs a medal !

Medals.jpg

P5260107.jpg

P5260092.jpg

P5260048.jpg

In 2011 the props of SW came through Seattle and I took a few photos of things. This is the actual 1/6 model using the Six Million Dollar Man as stand ins for Luke and Ben.

Attachments

• P4140037a.jpg
    P4140037a.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 346
  • P4140038a.jpg
    P4140038a.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 346
  • P4140039a.jpg
    P4140039a.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 348
  • P4140035a.jpg
    P4140035a.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 345
  • P4140041a.jpg
    P4140041a.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 346
Nice !! In reality I think this might have been a turning point in 1/6 history.

After seeing this image Hot Toys decided we can do better than that !! And thus we are now where we are with 1/6 figures.......[emoji23][emoji23]

P4140035a.jpg

A bit of a poll, would everyone be happy if I based the speeder detailing on that 1/5th build (as best I can)?
Won’t be identical as I don’t want to copy anyone else’s work.

Just figuring out how to best cast & how to release it from the rubber moles, so may need to tweak a few bits here & there.

Cockpit is also having a full make over today, mainly because the figures are sitting a little too high and I’m also not 100% happy with the screen (wind shield) so I’ll redo that whilst I’m in the mood :wink1:

Jas

A bit of a poll, would everyone be happy if I based the speeder detailing on that 1/5th build (as best I can)?
Won’t be identical as I don’t want to copy anyone else’s work.

Just figuring out how to best cast & how to release it from the rubber moles, so may need to tweak a few bits here & there.

Cockpit is also having a full make over today, mainly because the figures are sitting a little too high and I’m also not 100% happy with the screen (wind shield) so I’ll redo that whilst I’m in the mood :wink1:

Jas

Yes. The 1/5th details look really nice so a 1/6th based on that would be great. :clap

Yes - agree with rgswff - detailing on the 1/5 is good - would be happy with that type of detail on your 1/6.

I'd be ok with using the 1/5 as reference. I'm sure that guy must have researched the details quite a bit.

The one thing I didn't like so much was the paintwork on the front nose. Sure it's meant to be weathered but it doesn't look so realistic to me. Too patchy. I think that's about the only big improvement which I can see.

@Jas : Will you leave one of the engines without cover and wires showing ? That's a nice detail / effect.

I'd be ok with using the 1/5 as reference. I'm sure that guy must have researched the details quite a bit.

The one thing I didn't like so much was the paintwork on the front nose. Sure it's meant to be weathered but it doesn't look so realistic to me. Too patchy. I think that's about the only big improvement which I can see.

@Jas : Will you leave one of the engines without cover and wires showing ? That's a nice detail / effect.

I agree 100% with Hoody - the paintwork on the nose looks very ordinary on that 1/5; looks like a kid just slapped some silver patches on there.

This is another thing that has always bugged me - which is "more" correct? Does it split into the two lines or just a single line to the nose? Or does it split into 2 just at the last moment (hope that makes sense)?

I think I prefer the shoot model (on the right), but I'm cool with whatever is more accurate.

The other thing is the color - I think it's too light on that 1/5.

All the images below are taken directly off the film, and personally, that's what I always use as reference (not so much the props/models, etc).

That's a good shot from the front, and actually more how i would expect paint weathering to be. ie all taken off on the front where the sand hits the most, then patches in other areas.

This change also helps Jas make his version different to the 1/5 model.

Colours are always difficult as they change in probably every version of the movie. But a bit darker then the 1/5 model wouldn't hurt imo. My childhood recollection is more in the dark direction as well.

That's a good shot from the front, and actually more how i would expect paint weathering to be. ie all taken off on the front where the sand hits the most, then patches in other areas.

This change also helps Jas make his version different to the 1/5 model.

Colours are always difficult as they change in probably every version of the movie. But a bit darker then the 1/5 model wouldn't hurt imo. My childhood recollection is more in the dark direction as well.

True, true. But here's a couple of behind-the-scenes shots that still show it as a deeper color than that 1/5.

image url upload

Looking fantastic Scratch Builder 👍🏽
And Mandible with the files! Never seen most of those bts shots... nice!

True, true. But here's a couple of behind-the-scenes shots that still show it as a deeper color than that 1/5.

Yep, darker would also be another way for Jas to make his rendition different.

I love this shot. The guy holding the mic boom is a classic ! Those pink pants !

And George with hands on head, probably thinking "damn i hope this thing works out OK"

Back