1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScratchBuilder

Super Freak
Reaction score
As promised I've started a new thread showing progress on the 1/6 scale Landspeeder prototype:

A little more fine filling and sanding, body damage, panel lines (which are all set out) and a few minor tweaks here and there ready for casting over the next few weeks.

Update: 05/02/2019 added a few more recent images showing a true 1/6th scale Landspeeder near completion that is movie accurate and is highly detailed.

Image 63.jpg

Image 64.jpg

Image 71.jpg

Really sorry chaps and can't apologise enough, this has been an extremely complex and lengthy build and as a result a few of our other builds have been delayed.
We never mass produce and each and every build is always lovingly hand made to ensure each build is never identical to the last.

Thanks Jas

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,573
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,571
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,576
  • Image 40.jpg
    Image 40.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 831
  • Image 38.jpg
    Image 38.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 822
Wow, watching this one.:clap

Interested to see how close you guys can come to screen accuracy with this. It's a pretty complex shape, and that windshield... not sure how that can even happen with it being clear.

This has been the toughest build I've done by far especially the side intakes. I must've made about 20 different sets to get to something I like.

Screen was the easy bit
005.jpg

Screen accuracy is always a challenge on every build but this build has been extremely difficult as there are so many conflicting reference images out there.
As always I am more than happy to receive critique

Jas

I love it so far. There are many images I've seen that have a few different details but to me, when I look at what you are building, I get the feeling that I got when I saw it in the movie which is all I'm really after. If it evokes the same feeling then to me that is a success!

Ah, finally a specific thread ! Looking great, am also very interested in this. Price and size will also play a big role. But definitely on the want list.

Jas, any updates on this latest proto rough length, width and height dimensions ? Do you have a 1/6 Stormtrooper or something to put next to it as reference for size ?

Very happy with that windshield. I would have also expected that to be one of the more difficult pieces.

Are you going to have it off the ground a bit ? I'd be interested in putting mine in a small diorama type setting, therefore a couple of clear rods which could go into a thin display base or diorama base would be great. That said, I guess you could leave that to us to do as we like, to keep the overall price down.

This is going to be superb!

For anyone remotely thinking about it - save your pennies, because I believe, this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity and absolutely worth whatever the asking price based on their past products.

The finish line is finally in sight :)

This has been the toughest build I've done by far especially the side intakes. I must've made about 20 different sets to get to something I like.

Screen was the easy bit
View attachment 415265

Screen accuracy is always a challenge on every build but this build has been extremely difficult as there are so many conflicting reference images out there.
As always I am more than happy to receive critique

Jas

Looking great, and for those concerned on price, my guess is if Sideshow ever does the landpseeder they teased quite a number years ago (but never made,) it would not be cheap anyway. And frankly, knowing Sideshow, this custom one will be more accurate.

Do you have a side view image of the 1/6 windscreen? The prop one is "flatter" or lower in the side view than I recall it being (you have to wonder how much use it was given its too low to fully shield the passengers' faces:lol.)

latest

Absolutely interested in getting this. So, realistic. Like stepping onto the film set. What a beauty. Congrats Jas!

Thanks for the comments all, to answer a few of your questions:

@acesh007: sorry no kits, just fully assembled, painted and weathered speeders
@Hoody999: length is around 600mm (without engines) it’s BIG and fairly heavy also we will create / supply a diorama/ground/base section and plan of doing a bit of Harry Potter voodoo to make it look as though it’s hovering
As with all of our builds we are only making a very limited number and I think you will all be pleasantly surprised at how affordable this will be………..:horror

I'm sure I've got some old prototype images with a test figure somewhere, I'll dig them out and post um :wink1:

Jas

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 380
Thanks for the comments all, to answer a few of your questions:

@acesh007: sorry no kits, just fully assembled, painted and weathered speeders
@Hoody999: length is around 600mm (without engines) it’s BIG and fairly heavy also we will create / supply a diorama/ground/base section and plan of doing a bit of Harry Potter voodoo to make it look as though it’s hovering
As with all of our builds we are only making a very limited number and I think you will all be pleasantly surprised at how affordable this will be………..:horror

I'm sure I've got some old prototype images with a test figure somewhere, I'll dig them out and post um :wink1:

Jas

Awesome thanks for the info. Good to see quite a lot of interest, which i guess could help reduce the price a bit perhaps ??

What sort of detail are you planning for the interior ? To be honest I have no idea what actually should be in the cockpit, but still interested.

Now to go do some measurements.

Good to hear about the price. Of course I'm only referring to my personal budget. I'm sure whatever it is will be completely justifiable whether I can do it or not. And that proto pic is sweet. I'm not a rivet counter, so as long as the darn thing looks like a "desert hoverer" and it's mostly in scale, I'm down with it. Like has been mentioned, there's quite a few varying reference pics. Plus, it's not like there's a 1/6 sitting C-3PO, so most movie scenes won't be able to be displayed accurately anyway. I'm not sure which way to go:

Luke racing home to see dead aunt and uncle
Luke racing to car dealer with Ben to get fare money

or maybe that famous deleted scene:
Luke racing to Tosche Station to brag about a space battle that ended by the time his friends could see it.

and I suppose if you were so inclined, Luke lying on the ground in front of it with a Tusken Raider stealing CD's or looking for change or a GPS

Good to hear about the price. Of course I'm only referring to my personal budget. I'm sure whatever it is will be completely justifiable whether I can do it or not. And that proto pic is sweet. I'm not a rivet counter, so as long as the darn thing looks like a "desert hoverer" and it's mostly in scale, I'm down with it. Like has been mentioned, there's quite a few varying reference pics. Plus, it's not like there's a 1/6 sitting C-3PO, so most movie scenes won't be able to be displayed accurately anyway. I'm not sure which way to go:

Luke racing home to see dead aunt and uncle
Luke racing to car dealer with Ben to get fare money

or maybe that famous deleted scene:
Luke racing to Tosche Station to brag about a space battle that ended by the time his friends could see it.

and I suppose if you were so inclined, Luke lying on the ground in front of it with a Tusken Raider stealing CD's or looking for change or a GPS

Couldn't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Very interested! Landspeeder is one of few semi practical 1/6 Star Wars vehicles and a damn cool one at that. Judging by your past work I'm sure this will be terrific! Will send a PM.

Back