1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never noticed the different colors on the right engine either?

Bizarre how you can look at something for so many years and never really notice the intricate details. I remember when I got my eFX Vader Limited helmet, I was blown away by the silver parts - I always just "saw" an all-black helmet :)

Awesome, some truly great reference images there.
I'll be making a few changes this weekend to bring it closer to the 1/5th and another step closer to casting.
I'm completely re-doing the damaged engine as its no where near detailed enough as it is and I've replaced the seats so the figures sit lower.
Once the rubber moulds are made the casting wont take long at all and will free up my time to finish the other builds on the bench.
(open door swing bridge, Control room tunnel, Bespin Gantry, Indy Fireplace, also an amazing R2D2 & C3PO dio yet to be revealed (as another dio builder will copy it))

Thanks for the help and patients as always chaps :clap

Jas

Awesome, some truly great reference images there.
I'll be making a few changes this weekend to bring it closer to the 1/5th and another step closer to casting.
I'm completely re-doing the damaged engine as its no where near detailed enough as it is and I've replaced the seats so the figures sit lower.
Once the rubber moulds are made the casting wont take long at all and will free up my time to finish the other builds on the bench.
(open door swing bridge, Control room tunnel, Bespin Gantry, Indy Fireplace, also an amazing R2D2 & C3PO dio yet to be revealed (as another dio builder will copy it))

Thanks for the help and patients as always chaps :clap

Jas

Awesome Jas. Looking forward to any updates. Pics or text welcome [emoji3]

Hi all

Sorry promised to post progress, but being on-call at work I had a few issues with one of the CT scanners which took up most of my weekend building time :impatient:
Will get stuck in this weekend as I'm off-call :yess:

Jas

Mic operator theme song "Someone get me a towel... Mr. Tangerine Speedo..."

Screen_Shot_2018-07-02_at_8.34.15_pm.png

More progress at last. Fine filling, sanding, spraying and repeat not far away now.
Just working on the engines & figuring out the best way to cast so Pete can paint everything.
C05C4F89-C960-4AA5-9293-0DF1894F7001.jpeg

10791916-1867-47BD-8D93-98B3FC7F3594.jpg

07E8A470-18D2-41D7-A94E-3DE739E29075.jpg

A bit more fine filling needed here & there as the primer I’m using shows up all the little imperfections

Jas

More progress at last. Fine filling, sanding, spraying and repeat not far away now.
Just working on the engines & figuring out the best way to cast so Pete can paint everything.
View attachment 417663

View attachment 417664

A bit more fine filling needed here & there as the primer I’m using shows up all the little imperfections

Jas

Awesome Jas !! Love that you managed to get that heavy damage done on the nose.

Don't want to come across as negative, but is that feature on the hood, in front of the screen big enough ? Seems bigger on the reference material ??

P5260107.jpg

Here's something just for fun. Maybe also good for some reference material ? I think this is the first one of a couple. But interesting nonetheless....perhaps this 1/6 can be a practice run for the real thing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4l2l1LsmI&frags=pl,wn

Please don't add this "fuel cap" thing... not sure why he put that on there as it's not on the full-sized prop or the scale version.

Wow! Simply stunning. The force is strong with you Jas.
Love watching it all being built. Congratulations!!

Back