1/6 Present Toys PT-70 / PT-71 Mutant Man C (X-Men Cyclops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love it if the designs were nbased on the statues, but 1/6 Cyclops design is waaaay busier thany any of the statues referenced. Dial it back lads, unnecessary.

Put an order in with OSK for the deluxe as that base will be great with any of my X-Men figures. Between Present Toys, SooSoo Toys, Sideshow, and whoever else, I hope we keep getting more of these comic versions of the X-Men.

Growing up collecting the trading cards, the faces and looks would always have slight variations depending on the artists that drawling. I don't mind that they don't particularly look one way or the other. I love the screaming sculpt in this one. The other one does look a bit older but will probably soften up during production.

Really hoping characters like Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, Jubilee, Professor X, Psylocke, Iceman, Archangel, and Bishop get tackled since we haven't seen the comic versions get tackle (minus Mondo Jubilee).

Looks more like a hybrid between xm and iron studios statues. Just based on a quick look, the body suit is similar to iron studios while the harness is similar to xm . Preordered the deluxe with onesixthoutfitters. Hopefully they make a professor x and wolverine. Personally not interested in Magneto.
great catch about the Iron Studios inspiration. Just looked and the blue body suit is definitely from the Iron Studios statue while the rest looks to be from the XM. Based on the inspirations, I think the PT suit would benefit from being a bit darker.

356888be-b8b9-50d7-b801-ceb3ffd74de5_795x795.jpg

If only the figure followed the XM & Iron Studios proportions. Would be nice if the suit could have the raised lines and different texturing, but other than the pads on the shoulders and the sections on the thighs, the pattern looks to be just printed onto the fabric.

Up at OSK.

$190-Regualr
$233- Deluxe

I don’t think it would need a full body swap really, just need some ankle extenders to give it a bit more height since he looks so squatty.

But, if you were to go for a full body swap, I think the outfit could handle it as it’s just screen printing on top of a spandex suit from the looks of it. And the stock body looks to be pretty bulky/muscular, just too short. If I were to do a fully body swap, I’d try it out on one of the Zica Toys bodies I have

View attachment 672493
How heavy that Zica toys body?

How heavy that Zica toys body?
It's not that heavy to be quite honest so when you hold it, you may think it's cheap if you buy one :LOL: But honestly it's quite durable and the joints on the 4 I have aren't loose by any means. I took a dremel to the lower legs of one of them this weekend actually in order to get the original Sideshow comic Batman boots to fit and it took a medium speed and some pressure to grind them down.

The wrist joints can be removed and hole fits your standard larger HT wrist joint that you'd see with the likes of the male HT superheroes.

The ankle joints are also universal ball joints, but I don't believe they're removable, though I haven't tried to yet.

The ball joint on the neck post seems a bit smaller than standard but I honestly haven't tried it out on a standard neckless sculpt.

I'll post pics of how Batman turns out in the DC Section when I get to the point of swapping the Sideshow suit over

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Loved collecting the Xmen trading cards, particularly the ones that had a bit more realistic look to them. I still have them in a binder...somewhere 🤔
The Marvel Masterpiece sets were always the best. The 96 set in particular is probably the best out there. It goes for a pretty penny now a days. Sold my set I had about 8-10 years ago for around $1500. Goes for much higher now.

It's not that heavy to be quite honest so when you hold it, you may think it's cheap if you buy one :LOL: But honestly it's quite durable and the joints on the 4 I have aren't loose by any means. I took a dremel to the lower legs of one of them this weekend actually in order to get the original Sideshow comic Batman boots to fit and it took a medium speed and some pressure to grind them down.

The wrist joints can be removed and hole fits your standard larger HT wrist joint that you'd see with the likes of the male HT superheroes.

The ankle joints are also universal ball joints, but I don't believe they're removable, though I haven't tried to yet.

The ball joint on the neck post seems a bit smaller than standard but I honestly haven't tried it out on a standard neckless sculpt.

I'll post pics of how Batman turns out when I get to the point of swapping the Sideshow suit over

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

The Marvel Masterpiece sets were always the best. The 96 set in particular is probably the best out there. It goes for a pretty penny now a days. Sold my set I had about 8-10 years ago for around $1500. Goes for much higher now.

Does it? Hrm. I still have my set around here...

Just for the 100 card base set alone you should be able to get around 2K. If you add in the two subsets you could get around 4K.
I had no idea it had become that valued. I just have them all sleeved in a binder in my closet. My 1992 set will always be my favorite, though. That's the one with memories of sitting around the school lunch table with my friends marveling at Jusko's incredible art.

I had no idea it had become that valued. I just have them all sleeved in a binder in my closet. My 1992 set will always be my favorite, though. That's the one with memories of sitting around the school lunch table with my friends marveling at Jusko's incredible art.
Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, and Joe Jusko are probably my favorites. The 96 set became so valuable because they didn't make very many because of a crash in the comic industry right in the middle of it's production run. If I'm not mistaken, Marvel may have filed for bankruptcy or was close to it around that time or shortly after.

Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, and Joe Jusko are probably my favorites. The 96 set became so valuable because they didn't make very many because of a crash in the comic industry right in the middle of it's production run. If I'm not mistaken, Marvel may have filed for bankruptcy or was close to it around that time or shortly after.

I still have both of those sets, along with one or two others. What do they go for, and can anyone recommend a good FB group?

On another note, SooSoo mentioned on FB that they’ll be producing Cyclops. But who knows.

Well damn, nice to see them going far with it. Hope they go even beyond those four. Xavier, Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean, etc. Also really need a good 1/6 Wolverine. Held out from all the offerings over the years so far. If that teaser is anything to go by, I'll be preordering.

Not sure how I feel about that Magneto though. He looks a little small? I feel like his shoulders and overall upper body needs to be wider. Him having a helmet means he's more prone to having big head + small body syndrome.

mag06.jpg
61RDvJc3-XL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I don’t care one bit about Sentry but, as much as I love Storm, I wouldn’t purchase her in the X-Men Red outfit- which is what I assume people were confusing that S logo with.
1700274635968.jpeg

She has several pretty great outfits, but none compare to the Jim Lee all white/silver bodysuit. That’s the Storm for me- preferably without the mohawk.

PT had best sort out their bodies before getting to Cable. He must be a behemoth, not a stumpy, part-time gym bro. So far, both offerings could use more elaborate, heroically proportioned physiques.

Back