1/6 Premier Toys - PT-0006 The Martian Version 2 (Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just arrived! Will be checking it out soon. It was Christmas in August for me, today. Had this figure, HT Chewie, HT Snowspeeder Luke and the Bat-pod all arrive today! Looks like it will be a busy weekend checking them all out.

Can you adopt me?

Is there a new HT Chewy? Or the original one. I have that version somewhere.

Can you adopt me?

Is there a new HT Chewy? Or the original one. I have that version somewhere.

LOL!! I just had the good fortune (or perhaps bad?) of having them all arrive on the same day but they were ordered at different times.

It's the original Chewie from "A New Hope". I WISH there was a new release.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

That looks fantastic. My only concern is with the head sculpt fitting in there.
I was illustrating the point there's no chance it will fit. I just scaled it exact. Amazing the difference.

Tomorrow will be one @ 122% and I'll see how it goes.

The real helmet is oval, not round like the Premier one, so there's a better fit front to back, with his nose etc.

Mark Watney - Space Pirate!

This is truly a fantastic figure. Not perfect but the positives vastly outweigh the negatives.
Unfortunately, mine needs to be returned. The wire that leads out of the back of the suit is broken so the helmet won't light up when connected. I believe that it could be fixed with some soldering but I'm not an expert and don't wish to mess things up further. I've already reached out to Kit for a possible resolution. I'll see what he says.

Regardless, the figure is all around great.

Here are my thoughts on the figure, beginning with the negatives:

1. Boots lack ankle articulation. Would have helped with posing. Paint apps on the boots could have been a little sharper.
2. The gloves:
a) Two big and out of scale.
b) Too stiff, limiting posing. Should have been made from a more pliable material.
c) There are only two pairs of gloves.
3. Obviously, the fragility of the wiring.
4. The helmet doesn't connect to the suit (neck ring) so there is an obvious open gap there. Easily seen when looking into the helmet.
5. The helmet shape is incorrect but overall look is workable. (Glad to see HAL9000 is working on an alternative!)

And the positives:
1. The overall design of the suit just works well.
2. Cool light up feature (if it only worked for mine...)
3. Both head sculpts are nice but the bearded one definitely captures Damon better. Also, he looks pretty gaunt in the suit, which matches better with the bearded head sculpt.

I'm already working on two different options for the display base. I'll see which one I go for.

Some of my usual "meh" pics...

The Martian 1.jpg
The Martian 2.jpg

The Martian 3.jpg

The Martian 4.jpg
The Martian 5.jpg

Martian 2.jpg

:goodpost: and a solid review. I agree.

I think I'll also have to make a neck ring that sits on his suit.

I'll be interested to see what Kit says. I always worry buying from China when something goes wrong because the cost to ship it back is crazy. I have an Inart Harry on order, and I'm paranoid something will go wrong and I'll be massively out of pocket.

I have a solution for the gloves (kinda) in regards to posing, not size. I'll post a picture, if you want.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyy"

IMG_6326.jpg

Oh, and ref wires: the solder has come off and the heat-shrink has pulled back. A 10min job for me or anyone with basic solder skills. Don't you know anyone?

Last edited:
:goodpost: and a solid review. I agree.

I think I'll also have to make a neck ring that sits on his suit.

I'll be interested to see what Kit says. I always worry buying from China when something goes wrong because the cost to ship it back is crazy. I have an Inart Harry on order, and I'm paranoid something will go wrong and I'll be massively out of pocket.

I have a solution for the gloves (kinda) in regards to posing, not size. I'll post a picture, if you want.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyy"

View attachment 658800

Oh, and ref wires: the solder has come off and the heat-shrink has pulled back. A 10min job for me or anyone with basic solder skills. Don't you know anyone?

Love that Fonzie pose!

I'll see if I can find someone to take on the soldering fix.

As for Kit, I've made dozens of orders through him with no problems at all. Heck, I just checked and I've got "10" pre-orders currently with him!
:thud:

Love that Fonzie pose!

I'll see if I can find someone to take on the soldering fix.

As for Kit, I've made dozens of orders through him with no problems at all. Heck, I just checked and I've got "10" pre-orders currently with him!
:thud:

Oh, yeah, no doubt. But, IMO, a measure of a company is what they’re like when things go wrong, not right.

Such an amazing figure to have in the collection. Had one minor issue with mine. The front gold strap buckle popped off, but was a simple glue back in place. I agree with the large gap exposed at the bottom of the helmet being too obvious.

I like both head sculpts minus the paint apps on the eyes throwing it off. I personally think the clean face is a better sculpt, but will keep the bearded on because I want the helmet displayed on.

This figure makes me even more excited to get the Three Step Studios Interstellar. I'm thinking I may try to use the other sculpt on the premier toys Interstellar figure once that comes out and add the necessary paint changes to the suit.

PXL_20230827_002956529.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230827_005119450.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230827_002837666.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230827_005110009.PORTRAIT.jpg

Oops. Gone too far the other way now :lol

Check out my massive helmet.

Rough mockup #2
IMG_6359.jpg

Far left is actual 1/6 scale.
IMG_6358.jpg

I'm also gonna bring down the z axis, so it's less oval from the front view. Which is closer to what the helmet looks like in the movie/promos.

Oops. Gone too far the other way now :lol

Check out my massive helmet.

Rough mockup #2
View attachment 658921

Far left is actual 1/6 scale.
View attachment 658922

I'm also gonna bring down the z axis, so it's less oval from the front view. Which is closer to what the helmet looks like in the movie/promos.

Are you going to make this available once you get it scaled to your liking? it looks great!

Mine arrived yesterday and I agree with most of what has already been posted about it here. I think if HT made this, it'd probably look 20% better or so, but would cost around 50% more, so I'd likely have chosen this release anyway if both options existed.

First modification I make will probably be to slice up the boots to turn them into a 2-piece design for articulation at the ankle. As FlyAndFight noted above, that should also help pose stability when standing him up because of the awkward weight distribution from the backpack.

All in all, I'm very grateful to Premier Toys for producing this character and putting forth commendable levels of effort and ingenuity while keeping a customer-friendly price point on it. Bravo!

MartianPT01.jpg

MartianPT02.jpg

Just received mine from OSK, and it's a truly impressive piece!
Haven't had time to take a deeper look at it, but first impressions out of the box are the best possible! Worth every penny....

Back