1/6 POTC - SWToys x Tough Guys FS046 Lord of the Caspian Sea (Barbossa)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for bumping this out of nowhere - I'm finally setting my figures back up after moving, and starting working on Barbossa last night. I had a wrist peg snap from removing the hand that was on in the box. I was trying to use a Hot Toys wrist peg to replace it with since SW Toys didn't give any extra, but absolutely can not get it into the hand. I think the Hot Toys peg might be too big or long?

Can anyone recommend a good replacement wrist peg for this figure, if you've had to go that route?

Sorry for bumping this out of nowhere - I'm finally setting my figures back up after moving, and starting working on Barbossa last night. I had a wrist peg snap from removing the hand that was on in the box. I was trying to use a Hot Toys wrist peg to replace it with since SW Toys didn't give any extra, but absolutely can not get it into the hand. I think the Hot Toys peg might be too big or long?

Can anyone recommend a good replacement wrist peg for this figure, if you've had to go that route?
I’ve had that problem before and stuck the hand in some near boiling water until it softened up then stuck the peg into it while it’s soft. Might try that if you haven’t already.

I’ve had that problem before and stuck the hand in some near boiling water until it softened up then stuck the peg into it while it’s soft. Might try that if you haven’t already.
I'll give that a try tonight, thank you! These hands are probably the stiffest I've come across in over 100 figures, so definitely needed a suggestion like that.

you could also try a hair dryer if you happen to have one on hand or a heat gun. I tend to prefer that instead of water as less mess and tends to be faster than waiting for water to boil

Last edited:
I had that happen to me a few days back luckily I was body swapping it but peg snapped in the hand. But regarding the the hand I'd recommend using warm/hot water.

Having a body that has more bend in the arms is a bonus.

1000028645.jpg
1000028651.jpg
1000028799.jpg

Last edited:
Would anyone want to buy my version of this chap?
I am going to put mine up for sale but thought I'd ask in case any of you fine chaps wanted one to customize/extra parts etc.
If so just message me with what price you have in mind.
Only mods I've done to him is painting the overcoat a blue-grey and its cuffs and lapels black, darkening the boots, tea/coffee staining the waistcoat and applying a very faint orange paint to make it a little more screen accurate, and gluing the base in place to stop the stand from rattling around [stand can still be removed but is now a lot more secure].
Also gonna throw in a bunch of gold coins with this I bought to add to the diorama.

Hello friends,

Could someone tell me what body it has?

I'm thinking of making a change of body and I'm a little lost...

Thank you very much!!

Back