1/6 or 12" Batman figures?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bit of the drybrushing done, the eyes painted, and the shorts trimmed. Think I'm gonna eventually source some different underoos.

Any ideas on what to use for a Batsymbol? Printable fabric or another material? Something stiff perhaps?

Also, any ideas on a good 1/6 Batarang?

that really is looking awesome!

have you thought of tailoring some pants from a stretchy material such as spandex?

thanks, sandman1. i'll try it out this weekend. @RJmac: you can cut out the symbol on the takara body armor or use pleather or other leather-like material to give it a raised look. some batarangs that come w/ 6 in' figures might work. i used the grappling gun on this one:https://forevergeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/batman-mattel.jpg. btw, is that the takara hands you're using? how'd you fit it w/ the HT body?

RJMacReady16-That is coming out awsome!! I really like the look!
Which base body is that? I don't recognize it.

Very nice! Yeah I started hammering out my own thanks to a few ideas from others.

Started this one with spare Tak Bats parts, the old-school Devgru-style HT muscular body, and the Triad Jumpsuit. Plan on painting his eyes white for a more "comic" look, and black-washing his suit like whatshisname did on that awesome custom posted before.

Thanks for the great ideas brothers. Here's hoping he turns out alright...

here you go:chew

and i think i'm gonna try his method too!!... batman looked superb!!:google

Wow thanks for the kind words, guys.

that really is looking awesome!

have you thought of tailoring some pants from a stretchy material such as spandex?

Honestly, I can't tailor worth a s***, so I'm actually thinking about finding some black spandex "panties". I figure someone out there makes 'em.

thanks, sandman1. i'll try it out this weekend. @RJmac: you can cut out the symbol on the takara body armor or use pleather or other leather-like material to give it a raised look. some batarangs that come w/ 6 in' figures might work. i used the grappling gun on this one:https://forevergeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/batman-mattel.jpg. btw, is that the takara hands you're using? how'd you fit it w/ the HT body?

Yeah that's the Tak hands. They're actually just crudely adapted to fit the HT body (i.e. electrical tape around the stems to hold them in the sockets) haha

RJMacReady16-That is coming out awsome!! I really like the look!
Which base body is that? I don't recognize it.

It's the old-school Hot Toys muscular that came out before the "Rambo" body. They're worthless, and fall to pieces over time, but it's gonna work under all that spandex, me thinks...

edward, check greydeath out here or at OSW. RJ: incidentally, greydeath also made me pleather batman pants a few months ago. it's stretchy and form fitting.

RJMacReady16-
You could try to modify oruse the originals as a template for some new ones, and if you cannot sew, try some speed sew, it's basically a glue for material that I use constantly. It works great!.

Got a bit of the drybrushing done, the eyes painted, and the shorts trimmed. Think I'm gonna eventually source some different underoos.

Any ideas on what to use for a Batsymbol? Printable fabric or another material? Something stiff perhaps?

Also, any ideas on a good 1/6 Batarang?

Hey, did you ever finish this?

It looks amazing.

Back