1/6 NOOZOOTOYS Gondor Guard (NZ003/NZ004/NZ00)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOOZOOTOYS New product: 1/6 die-cast alloy action figure Gondor Sacred Tree Guard/White City Guard/White City Archer (NZ003/NZ004/NZ005)

According to the player's suggestion, the shield will no longer use alloy, and it is more convenient to use lighter materials Players play, the head of this product is carved to make it easy to wear a helmet. This product will use hair transplantation, and it is scheduled to be presented with the Battle Flag of Gondor!

The official price of 900rmb is expected to be shipped in the first quarter of 2023

g1.jpg
g2.jpg

NOOZOOTOYS New product: 1/6 die-cast alloy action figure Gondor Sacred Tree Guard (NZ003)
Configuration list:
- Simulation hair transplant head sculpture
- movable body
- 4 replacement hands

Clothing:
- pants
- scarf
- Cloak
- Belt
- Mail (faux mail cloth)
- Shoes (metal)
- Helm of Gondor nobleman (metal)
- Steel shield nobleman's front and rear breastplates (metal)
- Shoulder armor (metal)
- Leggings (metal)
- Skirt Armor (Metal)

Weapons:
- Gondor Spear (Metal)
- Gondor Long Spear (Metal) -
Gondor Shield
- Gondor Banner

g3.jpg
g4.jpg
g5.jpg

NOOZOOTOYS New Product: 1/6 Die-cast Alloy Action Figure Gondor Guard (NZ004)
Configuration List:
- Simulation Hair Transplant Head Sculpture
- Movable Body
- 4 Replacement Hands

Clothing:
- Jacket
- Pants
- Scarf
- Cloak
- Belt
- Mail (fake mail cloth)
- Shoes (Metal)
- Gondor Guard Helmet (Metal)
- Gondor Guard Front and Back Breastplate (Metal)
- Shoulder Armor (Metal)
- Leggings (Metal)
- Skirt Armor (Metal)

Weapons:
- Gondor Guard Spear (Metal)
- Gondor Pike (Metal) -
Gondor Shield
- Gondor Banner

g6.jpg
g7.jpg
g8.jpg
g9.jpg

NOOZOOTOYS New Product: 1/6 Die-cast Alloy Action Figure Gondor Archer (NZ005)
Configuration List:
- Simulation Hair Transplant Head Sculpture
- Movable Body
- 4 Replacement Hand

Clothes :
- Jacket
- Pants
- Scarf
- Cloak
- Belt
- Mail (faux mail)
- Shoes (Metal)
- Gondor Guard Helmet (Metal)
- Gondor Guard Front and Back Breastplate (Metal)
- Shoulder Armor (Metal)
- Legplates (Metal)

Weapons:
- Gondor Bow
- Gondor Arrows*5
- Gondor Longsword (Metal)
- Gondor Shield
- Gondor Banner

g10.jpg
g11.jpg
g12.jpg

Having Keanu Reeves, Norman Reedus and Collin Firth in Gondorian armour is about as fitting as when Asmus gave us Eddie Redmayn and Lee Pace as a High Elven warriors. That’s a real star-studded lineup of disposable background soldiers.

They’re cheap enough so probably worth getting- even though the diecast weight will almost bump the shipping cost to that of the figures in today’s market.

These look really good and the choice to use diecast so extensively is very impressive!!!

Its strange how close to accurate the Fountain Guard is - the outer black cloak just needs the gold style trim it has elsewhere and needs to be under the shoulder pauldrons and the figure is missing the white fabric/chainmail robe/skirt lower half...
So close and easy to achieve.... odd choice to omit it.

Nonetheless - these look like an easy and exciting purchase and the price is a steal - absolutely getting the Fountain Guard and probably at least one of the others.

Does anyone know where we can order these?

I like how the images say ‘All rights reserved’ as if this company isn’t in full breach of copyright laws by producing these unlicensed figures.
Can someone get in trouble for stealing their images of products made from a stolen IP?

The fountain guard is a pretty long way off from being screen accurate.
The archer figure is almost closer as it doesn’t have the thigh armour plates.

Here’s the fountain guard outfit
1667698950039.jpeg

1667700183280.jpeg

Here’s how far off they are
1667699688129.jpeg

- Helmet opening is too wide.
- The wing supports need some gold embellishment.

Don’t quote me on this but they may have also used a citadel guard helmet design on the fountain guard helmet
1667701465786.jpeg

And painted the wing emblem gold because someone on Etsy did it
il_570xN.3727004021_hlz2.jpg

Anyways, the entire lower body is wrong too.
- They need to lose all the armour parts
- The long skirt can be done in two pieces- a black underskirt and then the overlaying white piece with chainmail attached to the bottom.
- He also requires a jacket type piece with sleeves that drapes just below the knees.
- The cape and shoulder pauldrons require gold trim
- The pauldrons are their own unique design
1667702243469.jpeg

- The belt is hideous. Way too bulky. Wrong buckle. Horrible attachment for the scabbard.
Get a thin one and attach put it on backwards so there’s no visible buckle.
- Sword handle is gold when it should be black.

All in all, it’s a long way from doing the job but they all work as generic Gondorian soldiers.

Very disappointing as the fountain guard would be the standout piece of they put some effort into getting it right.

I may leave the Colin Firth figure in the hopes Asmus will have a more successful stab at this some day.

Last edited:
Wow, theirs looks virtually identical to that listing on Etsy minus some details! This is just like InArt using the cheap Aragorn swords from Amazon for their references :lol Great find 🕵️‍♂️

Sweet. Will definitely grab these. I see the whining about the accuracy of belt buckles from an unlicensed cheap figure is out in full force. Also don't care whose head they use. It'll be covered by a helmet just like the lannisters they did. (I do kinda wish they had chosen Ed Sheeran tho for the lannisters 🤣)

Hmmm there are more differences than I first realized but with that said for the price I still think it looks good and the diecast makes it pretty appealing.

A lot of these differences can, in my opinion, likely be mitigated or corrected with some relatively cheap and easy mods.
The helmet's opening can in all probability be pushed to being a little more narrow - especially considering that most of the character's face is covered by the black fabric mask and there is no need to be concerned about the state of the sculpt underneath.
Painting the swords grip black should be the easiest thing in the world.
Making the bottom mailskirt could be an interesting challenge but hardly impossible - the hardest part ought to be finding the right style of gold trim, the rest is just plain black and white fabric. There are plenty of substitutes to 1/6 chainmail - hell you could use the chainmail already present on this figure as if you create the black underjacket none of this chainmail will be visible.
While I personally am not bothered by the presence of the hip armor, they look like they can be removed by getting rid of the copper coloured pins on the lower section of the armour.
The belt needs replacing, but again that ought not be a hardship theres a lot of options out there and the sheathe of this sword looks like it attaches very simplistically.

In my mind there are only a couple of differences that can't be DIY fixed at home.
The unique Fountain Guard shoulder pauldrons - biggest unfixable difference, nothing can be done about it. Just has to be something you're willing to live with.
Slight differences to the Helmet - can't add the small gold embellishments (could paint a little gold on the edges of these sections but it won't sculpt those details in), as for the incorrect gold "eyebrow" detail on helm - to be fair this can be painted the right colour, indeed there is already a slight difference in the silver of this "eyebrow" section and the rest of the helmet anyway - the problem is the missing front wing/sail above the bridge of the nose between these two "eyebrow" sections. Nothing to be done about that.

In my mind - this is still a very very good representation of a fantastic LOTR armour design that Asmus have made no indication of doing - and its in total diecast which is really really impressive and again isn't something Asmus is guaranteed to do (indeed it seems unlikely to me but you never know) and its all available at a great price.

I have a feeling that they made things not 100% screen accurate so they wouldn’t get fully shut down with IP laws.

Last edited:
Finally! Army builders! Can't wait.

I'm in for them all. Only question is : do I go for whole extras or hope for parts later? Those custom plans for armored Boromir, Faramir, and 2nd age Numenor soldier are looking like a reality at last.

Sweet. Will definitely grab these. I see the whining about the accuracy of belt buckles from an unlicensed cheap figure is out in full force. Also don't care whose head they use. It'll be covered by a helmet just like the lannisters they did. (I do kinda wish they had chosen Ed Sheeran tho for the lannisters 🤣)
Only I f you define one post with a list of required mods to achieve an accurate figure as whining being out in full force.

The spike at the bottom of the spear is also wrong. Chop it off.

I don’t have any fabric or a sewing machine so the important required parts seem like a bit too much effort too attempt to make myself.
Squishing the helmet a bit more closed, painting the sword handle, replacing the belt and resting the pauldrons over the cape are the simplest fixes.
Seems like a great set for an armoured Boromir custom though. They’ve got the flag and Asmus will be releasing Boromir 2.0 and the individual head as a package. You just need to find his sword and sheath to complete the look.

I've seen these going for 140 USD in some places and I guess the quality or details (lack of them) will match such a low price.

I am no expert on accuracy but the figures lack so many details based on the pics :unsure: I assume there will be plenty of collectors who pick them because they are cheap but I prefer quality over quantity.

We deserve Gondor Guards figures to be done properly, maybe by someone like Coomodel if not Asmus.

Last edited:
Back