1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning! I hope you guys get your Jacks soon!

photo_2024-01-31_07-50-09.jpg

Okay I noticed some of the white makeup on his shirt I know they usually would block that out on camera or clean it so I guess this was a behind the scenes shot, cool
Nah, not really a behind the scenes photo. It's part of the promotional photos he and Keaton did at the time all with the same greyish background

PS: the multi-quote button is your friend when replying to multiple posts :wink1: helps avoid subsequent back to back posts. Unless you're trying to get your post count up that is
I have two more of those Mime sculpts and always planned on painting one flesh and one melty. Not sure if I’ll ever do it now.
Yea, with the Mars set, it doesn't really seem like a need to paint those ones for those scenes anymore. I haven't even used my repainted one yet myself. Doesn't feel like it's necessary really as I can't really recall him closing his mouth like that with the standard clown makeup.
Yeah I don't understand why they're not doing that. Even any third parties haven't done the 89 Batman yet in one sixth scale I think
Mars Toys was planning on doing a KO of the DX09 Batman to go with their DX08 KO, but they heard rumors of a reissue/2.0 from HT (I think before we did) and abandoned the idea, mostly due to how much the steel mold for the rubber suit costs to make if I remember correctly. Wasn't going to be worth it if by the time they put theirs up, HT started previewing their newer version.

Last edited:
I noticed the gloves are a brighter purple than MAT002. Still the same poor selection of poses lacking any gripping left hands, and none that grip the cane.

There isn't a right buzzer hand either, so I sliced the fingers apart on one to put the ring on.

Changing heads isn't easy. I had to heat up the joint to plug it in. The hands were almost as bad.

The shirt has more buttons than the MAT002, and since they don't show under the mob suit I swapped the shirts over as I'll be turning the original into a Museum Joker because the new sculpts are so good.

The tailoring is excellent and really captures the 1940s style, not to mention the colours being so vibrant.

The new body, with its padded under suit, creates a very Nicholson look.

IMG_2329.JPG
IMG_2330.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG
IMG_2314.JPG
IMG_2315.JPG
IMG_2316.JPG

Thank you Asta. Even with the flash, you can tell this is an amazing release.

Those headsculpts are better than Hot Toys, I have a feeling they’re going to be very sought after.

BRILLIANT idea with the hand/finger mod for the buzzer. Looks way more natural. Yeah, even as far back as 2012, I was always disappointed with the lack of hand selection on the DX08. Fist hands are also desperately needed. I’m happy to have the buzzer accessory and I understand it was a last minute addition, but that really is something that should be sculpted into the hand and not worn.

Still, I’m just happy to have this. The lack of Nicholson collectibles out there is criminal.

That’s the DX08 body right?
I believe so I don't know which one he has or the Mars toys which there to me the same thing. I'm just thinking if I do that like in the picture where am I going to use my Nicholson fully painted white face. Looks like I'm going to have to choose

That’s the DX08 body right?

No, that's the Mars MAT002.

I don't have the DX08. I pre-ordered the DX08 on a whim back in the day, but cancelled when I came to my senses and realised I didn't want a literally short-lived Joker. :lol

The Burton movies are still only of peripheral interest to me, so I only got the MAT002 because it was a cheap option to have at least one Nicholson Joker in the collection.

The tie on my MAT002 was messed up from the start, and since then I've messed it up even more trying to put it right, to the point that the only option was to turn him into the Museum version.

Mars' museum tie was better than I expected. I could tell when I took it from the box that it was at least tied and shaped so that it would hang downwards. Still need to futz it up more under the collar.

Just remembered why I was coming back to this thread.

It was to show the difference between the MAT002 and MAT014 hats.

Mars over compensated when they redid the hat for the new non-hat sculpts, making it look more like a Royal Ascot Ladies Day bonnet...

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

The MAT002, while it's still wrong, is a better option since it's not so oversized:

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

It's a better option even if you just want him holding it, because the crown's smaller and the brim's wider.

Just remembered why I was coming back to this thread.

It was to show the difference between the MAT002 and MAT014 hats.

Mars over compensated when they redid the hat for the new non-hat sculpts, making it look more like a Royal Ascot Ladies Day bonnet...

View attachment 686543

View attachment 686542

The MAT002, while it's still wrong, is a better option since it's not so oversized:

View attachment 686545

View attachment 686550

View attachment 686547

It's a better option even if you just want him holding it, because the crown's smaller and the brim's wider.
Yeah I agree with you, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the hat I know I'm not going to have him wearing it. I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do.

Just got mine in too. Absolutely incredible. I’m really blown away by this figure. And I love how strong the ankles are too.

9EAC44AF-7243-4190-85EF-595ED1F8A0DE.jpeg

So gentleman, that’s how it is. Until Grissom resurfaces heh heh heh I’m the acting president and I say, starting with this 200th Anniversary festival we run this city into the ground.

Here’s a couple more photos.
As someone who only likes one version of a character in a display, I’m really torn between both looks right now. The museum sculpt is phenomenal, and my favourite of the three, but that mob boss suit/body is absolutely fantastic.

IMG_0785.jpeg
IMG_0798.jpeg

Back