1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stumbled on this old photo from Cocoboloboy of the two HT Jokers... they look so nice together... even nicer with Mars as a 3rd.

Coco's Joker + Mime.jpeg

The Mime Joker is a very underrated figure...

View attachment 686322

The Mime Joker is a very underrated figure...
Shhh Wor-Gar, that pic is making me want to track down the Mime version even though I’m trying to stick to just one Nicholson. The feather pen has always bugged me though, being plastic and way shorter than in the film helps me try to hold off on picking it up. But the figure itself is fantastic. I’m surprised no one has tried to get that sculpt repainted into the main look after all these years, though the lack of teeth showing is probably why.

Shhh Wor-Gar, that pic is making me want to track down the Mime version even though I’m trying to stick to just one Nicholson. The feather pen has always bugged me though, being plastic and way shorter than in the film helps me try to hold off on picking it up. But the figure itself is fantastic. I’m surprised no one has tried to get that sculpt repainted into the main look after all these years, though the lack of teeth showing is probably why.

IMG_1686.jpeg

Man, we need more Nicholson Joker sculpts, I may not get multiple figures, but would love to have multiple sculpts to swap around. His Joker had so many facial expressions, despite having his mouth permanently widened, incredible talent, only him and Heath pulled that off.

Man, we need more Nicholson Joker sculpts

I'm all for that. He has the best expressions.

But between HT and Mars now, we have 4 different expressions:

Toothy grin (HT Joker)
Broad smile (HT mime)
Laughing melty face (Mars museum)
'Life's been good to me' grin (Mars mod boss)

So at least there's a different sculpt for each of those 4 outfits!

I would love for one where he’s irritated. Fins sculpt is the closest I’ve seen to something like that but it’s still a bit different. The HT & Mars work for when he’s smiling but I like when he’s on edge.

Something like this -

IMG_8959.jpeg

As a visual guide to those 4 faces of Jack...

View attachment 686342
I think Mars toys should have gave us option number three the first time cuz that's what we really got besides the different hat. Oh the decisions of being a 1/6 scale collector. LOL fun but yet sometimes frustrating but the point is for you to like it. So that's why I'm just trying to be positive about all this stuff if that makes any sense to anyone. Keep collecting my friends. I think this is going to be a busy year. LOL

I had two great arrivals today... I did not have enough time to do proper posing, futzing around... just a quick unbox and simple pose, but I can tell you guys this one pops out a lot, and feels like a DX, it's a very special release.

The new sculpts are amazing, but so is the tailoring!

A clear upgrade to the collection..... and really unexpected on my part!

photo_2024-01-30_22-37-28.jpg

Mine's reached the "Arrival to the destination airport" part.
I'm assuming it's in the US.

Back