1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently a $1k- $2k 1:6 figure isn’t an issue, you don’t have to buy it, those that complain about it are the equivalent to those who complain about luxury vehicles, watches, clothes.
Agree with your thoughts and I’m not against progress and the fact that products become always better with better manufacturing. The problem is the makers changed completely their targets. When you charge 2K for a 1/6 figure + an alternative head I consider it theft, regardless of the quality.
The hobby has completely transformed in a few years. it is now no longer for enthusiasts but for investors IMO.

We haven’t gotten to $2k for one figure with an alternate head yet. JND charged $1,699 for two figures and accessories, blame InArt for opening up the floodgates allowing this pricing to seep into mass production, as well as retailers wanting their cut hiking up the prices even more. The InArt Phoenix pack will be $2k and it’s not very well done yet and there’s zero new tech with those, just your run of the mill plastic with gaudy bases. The price mandate has no impact on me, I’m not paying that just because it’s required if I don’t see top of the line work on the figures, padding out a release with clunky plastic bases and accessories you’ll never use doesn’t excuse 3rd party tailoring and inaccurate sculpts. In the custom world we’re used to paying premium prices for well tailored clothing and well done sculpts with no figure box or base, the figure matters most.

Last edited:
We haven’t gotten to $2k for one figure with an alternate head yet. JND charged $1,699 for two figures and accessories, blame InArt for opening up the floodgates allowing this pricing to seep into mass production, as well as retailers wanting their cut hiking up the prices even more. The InArt Phoenix pack will be $2k and it’s not very well done yet and there’s zero new tech with those, just your run of the mill plastic with gaudy bases. The price mandate has no impact on me, I’m not paying that just because it’s required if I don’t see top of the line work on the figures, padding out a release with clunky plastic bases and accessories you’ll never use doesn’t excuse 3rd party tailoring and inaccurate sculpts. In the custom world we’re used to paying premium prices for well tailored clothing and well done sculpts with no figure box or base, the figure matters most.

InArt’s standard, sculpted hair Joker was around $400. It was their deluxe set which included two full rooted hair Joker figures and a giant, diecast prison cell diorama which cracked $1,000. Sure, it was the first time a major 1/6 company charged over $1,000 for a single release, they gave you a ton of extra goodies. When I opened that gigantic box I felt like I got my money’s worth.

JND’s release is a huge pill to swallow. The standard offering from them is $1,049 - that’s without the extra head sculpt, extra full figure, dogs, etc. I feel InArt’s pricing has been mostly fair for what they include. The Joaquin Joker situation is out of their hands, but it looks like they’re at least trying to “justify” the price with a ton of extras.

That, and again, JND’s silicone skin on an articulated, mass-produced figure hasn’t been proven. That thing is begging to crack/disintegrate in a few years.

You’re correct, when I say thank InArt, I mean they’re the first company to ask $1k out of the gate for a 1:6 figure, regardless of what’s included. It doesn’t matter that they offered tiers, they sold 1:6 for $1k and people bought it, showing other companies that people are willing to pay more for something if it’s better than previous attempts.

InArt had no track record when they announced that deluxe set but a lot of people blindly purchased anyways. For the most part, they’ve done pretty well with their pricing for a single figure, that much is true, but now you see HT trying to raise their prices for their attempt at a higher end release. If one company charges more and people purchase, you can bet others will try and follow.

As for the JND figure, we do have some knowledge as the Kojun Al Pacino figure has still held up and that was made in 2018-2019, does that immediately negate any possibility of issues going forward? Obviously not, but it is something. Again the WB mandate is irrelevant if InArt doesn’t do their part in implementing value into it, most people will not use that gigantic stair base, nor the Murray show diorama in their displays. So what does that leave you? A figure with lackluster tailoring, swap out hospital accessories most don’t care about, etc. I would much prefer had they gave all of them the style of base included with the bathroom figure and focused all of that misguided R&D into what collectors are here for.

I’d use the stair base.
In a detolf, DF120? or out in the open? That thing is massive bro. Plus there’s two other figures to display as well with another dio to top things off. I just don’t see most willing to dedicate that much space to a Joaquin Phoenix Joker, most complained about having to display 2 Ledger Jokers, but I digress, we’re in the wrong thread for this discussion.

Not being elitist when I say that, we’re just used to building figures up from nothing, venturing out to multiple artists to make a barebones figure but with top quality suits and sculpts. To people in that world, a quality figure is all that matters, most of us use uniform clear stands as we prefer the focus in it’s entirety be solely on the figure we spent so much on. To most of us, a big diorama cheapens the look of realism we’re trying to achieve, makes it look like bigger scaled toys and swallows up any bit of space you’d like to reserve for other figures. I’m not saying you have to agree with me, do as I do, or think I’m looking down on you for liking such things, I’m not. But if we’re getting into custom level pricing I would like to expect some realm of custom level quality. That Iris suit was only $400 bucks give or take, why can’t the InArt suit match that for $2k, why supplement with filler? You’re not interested in that release because of a diorama, you want it because it’s Phoenix Joker.

Kit Chen

Admin
· 8 h ·

Forgive me changing from rude respond to dick respond or no respond
We are at war, I have to focus on smashing enemies currently invading our warehouse now
Mr W Mr J Blade warrior Future Warrior and so so many others

Attachments

• 420756544_2503390253173375_5448762517077659884_n.jpg
    420756544_2503390253173375_5448762517077659884_n.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0
Had to look on Facebook to see what that’s all about since I read it as OSK’s warehouse has been broken into and thieves are stealing all the new releases.

Turns out it’s just Kit’s way of joking that he’s rushed off his feet by all the new figures arriving and the pressure of trying to get them shipped out before CNY.

Just got my invoice from kit for this guy and on top of that I got another invoice for Dragon toys doctor ice. On top of that I just bought a figure two days ago and there's another one being dropped today now it's starting to catch up with me. Good Lord help me.

Receive my invoice from Kit 😊
I hope they have more copy to buy a second one and repaint the head…

Back