1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics on previous page

As I mentioned earlier these will all get a bit of a dusting at the end

But things should move along at a better pace now I have an air source again

Cheers guys

Pete

Fanatic work as always buddy.
I'm liking the new rail nails and the new resin sleepers have held their detail really well, great that you're back in business mate.
All of the lights will be with next week too pal.

As always thanks for the kind comments guys. I'm not posting these pics fishing for compliments, I'm honestly doing it to reassure you guys that progress is being made as I know what it can be like when you are waiting for something and nothing's worse than ordering soe thing and then everyhting goes quiet.

But I'm not gonna lie it's a real boost to read the positive comments ( so keep em coming lol ! )

All components are primed ( they are spread everywhere down here in the basement so I've not got pics of them all together so you'll have to take my word for it )

And buckets have been pre-shaded

First top coats going down

It's a marathon task to spray so many in one go and will take a bit of time but I'm getting there

I'll post some more pics once the buckets are finished ( a couple of days I reckon )

Thanks again for the support everyone

Pete

Looks amazing :clap. This is like the best accessory in the world. I always remember having TOD on VHS back in the 90s and wearing it out on the Mine Cart chase, watching it over and over :). The bit where the Thuggee's flew off the track was probably my favourite bit :lol
Some people knock TOD but for me its almost as good as Raiders.

Update time,

Buckets all top coated just waiting for final weathering

Chassis pre-shaded

It all looks a bit funky at the moment but will come together at the end

Brakes shaded and fitted

Again it's very odd looking but I will blend it all together with the top coats

A huge amount of wheels to be done this time around

But I've made a start on the shading ( just another 30 odd to go lol )

So I'm getting there guys.

I should have all the wheels shaded tomorrow and then I can start layering on the top coats and begin to bring everything to life.

I'll post some more pics once the top coats are on ( weekend all being well )

Won't be long and these will start looking like proper mine carts.

Pete

I wish a few more people who have these amazing mine carts would post some pics of the display with figures in it. I've seen a couple of pics, but would love to see more.

Ok update time again

Laying on the top coat, I just want this to be a gentle layering to remove most of the red in the base coat but still leave some showing through for a bit of tonal variation.

Raw one on the right

I will post shade darker in the recesses and around bolts etc further down the line ( please excuse the black thumb lol )

Raw one on the bottom.

Chassis all top coated

And the wheels

Everything is now ready for post shading/highlighting and weathering

I'm starting on the buckets to give some more time for the wheels/chassis to cure.

Left hand bucket. has the post shade started ( 9 more to go )

Back