1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received these awesome pictures of my painted V3. Hats off to Mark Simpson on another sensational paint-up! :clap

4062766A-F2CE-4089-9AA3-A55BB4AB386E.jpg
C61DB678-DF18-49E5-BD58-288BC03BD08A.jpg

Awesome work, sculpt looks great.

May I asked how much mark usually charges? In the Uk but have never used him

Yeah for some reason it really did make the material look like jeans.

I remember thinking the Iris set for me was all just about the jacket -- it's so critical to Indy -- but I have to say I'm pretty content with the Iris shirt as well (with the right body/arms), and I'm still interested in the V2 option if it happens.

The directions say to test on a paper towel first and I admittedly forgot that part. Would have realized it was too dye heavy. I'll remove the dye and try again. Eventually this shirt will probably just disintegrate.

One thing you could do to recolor the shirt would be to use Folk Art textile medium (#794). You can mix it with acrylic paint then color the shirt that way.

First you'd want to use the Rit dye remover to get rid of most of the color again. Then you'd mix the textile medium with the color you want the shirt to be, keeping in mind the background color of the shirt will lighten it a bit. For a shirt I did, I used a light grey with a tiny bit of nutmeg for a little brown tint. Once you have the color, wet the shirt, squeeze out excess water, then paint it, working the color in and spreading it evenly throughout with your fingers. For most of the shirt, you'd just want one coat as each coat will stiffen the shirt. For the areas that are yellowed, though, you can put an extra coat if needed. Once the shirt is dry, soak it in a fabric softener.

Since so many people upgrade to custom shirts, figured I'd ask here. Is anyone selling a Hot Toys Indy shirt? Need one for a different figure I'm putting together.

Just received these awesome pictures of my painted V3. Hats off to Mark Simpson on another sensational paint-up! :clap

Great looking paint-up and can't wait to see it on your Indy, Timemeddler. Going to set it up with the Iris outfit?

One thing you could do to recolor the shirt would be to use Folk Art textile medium (#794). You can mix it with acrylic paint then color the shirt that way.

First you'd want to use the Rit dye remover to get rid of most of the color again. Then you'd mix the textile medium with the color you want the shirt to be, keeping in mind the background color of the shirt will lighten it a bit. For a shirt I did, I used a light grey with a tiny bit of nutmeg for a little brown tint. Once you have the color, wet the shirt, squeeze out excess water, then paint it, working the color in and spreading it evenly throughout with your fingers. For most of the shirt, you'd just want one coat as each coat will stiffen the shirt. For the areas that are yellowed, though, you can put an extra coat if needed. Once the shirt is dry, soak it in a fabric softener.

Thanks, Paul! I'm going to try removing the color and then maybe try the synthetic dye first and see if it reaches the stitching. This is my first foray into working with dye, so I'll experiment a bit more. But I like the idea of using paint on the parts that are resistant to the dye, could make this a weathered shirt with sweat stains, etc.

I would love to get my hands on a clothing set.

I knew in the past Kato was the go-to. I also know his stuff is extremely rare now. After doing some catching up, I'm seeing Iris and Yunsil are incredible options as well.

How would one acquire sets from these folks? Or are they now a rarity as well?

Thanks, Paul! I'm going to try removing the color and then maybe try the synthetic dye first and see if it reaches the stitching. This is my first foray into working with dye, so I'll experiment a bit more. But I like the idea of using paint on the parts that are resistant to the dye, could make this a weathered shirt with sweat stains, etc.

Cool, sounds like a plan. Good luck!

I would love to get my hands on a clothing set.

I knew in the past Kato was the go-to. I also know his stuff is extremely rare now. After doing some catching up, I'm seeing Iris and Yunsil are incredible options as well.

How would one acquire sets from these folks? Or are they now a rarity as well?

I think there's talk of Iris doing another run next year, so I'd just keep an eye on that thread in Customonesixth.

Fullmetal did a leather belt for Indy in 1/6th and also of course the web belt. I'm getting my hands on the leather belt for sure.91846601_1495279967317421_8590689711675146240_o.jpg

Well it took some work, but I finally put together a Tuxedo Indy I've been wanting for awhile, using a repainted TOD head and a hodgepodge of other parts. The jacket, shirt and shoes are from the new secret agent set, but the pants were too narrow and modern so I had to replace them with some baggier ones I already had. The bowtie that came with the set was also too small, so I had to make a new one of those. And of course the vest is from the Alfred figure, which I just used an iron on to make more low-cut.

The biggest challenge was replacing the collar with the wing-tip collar he wore. It took many attempts and I was never able to get it as tight around the neck as I wanted, but I got it looking decent enough in the end. And finally I used some apoxie sculpt to cover up the gap in the hair line.

20200408_190843 (2).jpg

20200408_191739 (2).jpg

20200408_191942 (2).jpg

20200408_202523 (2).jpg

Well it took some work, but I finally put together a Tuxedo Indy I've been wanting for awhile, using a repainted TOD head and a hodgepodge of other parts. The jacket, shirt and shoes are from the new secret agent set, but the pants were too narrow and modern so I had to replace them with some baggier ones I already had. The bowtie that came with the set was also too small, so I had to make a new one of those. And of course the vest is from the Alfred figure, which I just used an iron on to make more low-cut.

The biggest challenge was replacing the collar with the wing-tip collar he wore. It took many attempts and I was never able to get it as tight around the neck as I wanted, but I got it looking decent enough in the end. And finally I used some apoxie sculpt to cover up the gap in the hair line.

View attachment 482750

View attachment 482751

View attachment 482752

View attachment 482753
Bravo sir! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back