1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I saw the repaint that Silentsurfer did in here long long ago, which is what made me see the potential it had. And I'd love to maybe try giving it some rooted hair too, since I've had a bit more practice with that now.

View attachment 482282
Oh wow yeah it makes a huge difference. Doesnt even look like the same headsculpt.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I couldn't find the painter but this one is pretty good.

YoungIndy-DirtyVersion1.jpg

Just finished painting up my Inigo V3, and I'm definitely liking the sculpt a whole lot more now. I tried to reshape the brim as best I could to match that distinctive Raiders shape, and used some apoxie sculpt to make the front of the ribbon a bit higher and sharper like it should be. And I also found a way to tame the jacket collar a bit, by applying a strip of Fabric Fusion tape to the inside of the collar. So it's at least not sticking straight out anymore. :D
View attachment 482221

So how did you heat up the hat exactly? If you can give a bit of a step by step that'd be helpful, I'm also assuming that you did all that before painting it.

So here's my old Indy bash for the moment. Picked up some Rit dye remover and gray dye for the Hot Toys shirt, as I'm hoping to improve the shirt color a bit. Also planning on switching the body out, this is the TOD body and the neck is too lean for the head. Possible the Solo body would work for this sculpt too, would certainly fill out the shirt a bit, though the sculpt has a bit of a yellow skin tone to it.

old-indy-02.jpg

I just slowly heated it up until I could feel it become easier to bend, then I shaped it the way I wanted and dipped it in cold water to set it. Wasn't too difficult. In fact I was easily able to heat up different areas to slightly tweak them later, and it set in place all on it's own. Unlike with the HT hat where the plastic is constantly trying to bounce back to it's original shape, that didn't happen with this one at all.

And I'm really curious to see how your HT shirt looks after the dye job. I know it doesn't have a lot of fans for some reason, but I've always liked the look of that shirt and how well it hangs on a figure.

Cool, thanks, and you used some kind of heat gun? Looks like you got a pretty nice shape out of it.

And yeah the Hot Toys shirt doesn't bother me, nice to have as a back-up for messing around. I'm sure the color can be improved if I don't overdo it. I think Mr. E on here has gotten some nice results out of his HT shirt and other various tweaks. I'm liking this Sideshow KOTCS pants after a bit of water treatment too.

Yeah basically. I picked up one of these embossing heat tools at Michaels several years ago, and it's something I use constantly in my modding, or if I just need to soften some hands up quickly when swapping them out.

I really think every figure collector should have one.

SBC_gb-hm1000_0.jpg

The JXToys body would work perfectly well too and is about the same size, and those are only around $30 on ebay. I just leaned more towards the Solo for mine because of the hairier chest, and also because I'm already using my JX body for the German Disguise Indy I'm putting together.

Cheers Dave, would that be the jxtoys S01?

Thanks.

The notification fairy must have Covid, I seem to have missed so much of this thread! I went back into the 1400's and didn't see anything I recognised! Ah well, maybe I'll get some now, but, notification emails seem to go into my spam folder, so I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well

blazio, pm sent.

Apologies for the following questions likely asked here millions of times..

I'm looking to finally customize my HT Indy. Any recommendations for a good body to use? I sent mfisher a PM last week to inquire about a gun belt belt set, does he still check PMs here? Also, a long shot, if anyone is looking to sell any jackets that aren't HT or SS, feel free to pm me!

Back